• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Recommended Posts

Given his recent performances should Gareth Southgate ask him to come out of retirement for this summer's world cup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

didn't know he'd retired xD 

I'd take him. He's not the most gifted technically but you know every time he'll give 100%. And he can be utilised in various positions, full-back if necessary, wings if necessary, central midfield. Yeah we all know he's not the best in any of those positions but if worst comes to worst he'll be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take him. Offers some intelligence and guile to an otherwise fairly inexperienced midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, I love Milner. He's Leeds through and through and one of those players that's gone through his career very undervalued. It's been his own fault to a degree he's so good at being versatile because he hasn't ever been pigeon holed in one position.

I get the whole 'bring him along for the extra experience' thing but I'm a firm believer in thinking we've moved on now. It's about the new generation, we need to look at the future. Get them in and let their experiences grow. Milner will not be at the next World Cup so let's look at who potentially will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Versatile, in form, can handle playing regular amounts of Football like you'd get at a World Cup and playing with confidence, why wouldn't you want him in the team? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2018 at 06:21, The Palace Fan said:

Given his recent performances should Gareth Southgate ask him to come out of retirement for this summer's world cup?

City reject, Souhgate would be better off taking Delph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

City reject, Souhgate would be better off taking Delph

Delph should be in the side for sure with the season he's had. He's also not retired from international football, which is less of an impediment to being called up than being retired is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 06:21, The Palace Fan said:

Given his recent performances should Gareth Southgate ask him to come out of retirement for this summer's world cup?

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Delph should be in the side for sure with the season he's had. He's also not retired from international football, which is less of an impediment to being called up than being retired is.

He's had a decent season, only worry would be his injury record but he can cover a few different positions so would be handy to have in the squad 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lucas said:

Look, I love Milner. He's Leeds through and through and one of those players that's gone through his career very undervalued. It's been his own fault to a degree he's so good at being versatile because he hasn't ever been pigeon holed in one position.

I get the whole 'bring him along for the extra experience' thing but I'm a firm believer in thinking we've moved on now. It's about the new generation, we need to look at the future. Get them in and let their experiences grow. Milner will not be at the next World Cup so let's look at who potentially will be.

It's different when he's actually performing well though.

I'd take him. He deserves to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement