• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 36 Fixtures - 4-9th May, 2018

football forum

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:| What's up with you and Antonio today, acting like straight up fucktarts. What the fuck is retarted about saying I like tito as a coach and was a great role model unlike fucking pep.

You shot yourself in the foot with your agenda opinions unfortunately, I have noticed improvement in your thinking but your past way of thinking is going to cost you for some time. Making fun of Peru, Leicester and Chelsea constantly as well as all the things Cicero mentioned hasn't helped you.

If I said Tito was better than Pep for example, Cicero would have respected me more because I haven't shown constant bias over time. Its different to your situation.

As for the actual opinion, I think Pep is better than Tito but each to their own.

18 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I've praised him for his accomplishments and effectiveness but never said he was a perfect role model did I?

If teso had the power to choose the ideal coach and Tito was still alive(RIP) I would pick him ahead of pep and mou.. I think of him that much and hate that he died so young.

That just literally makes no sense? He's managed for one season, and only one season. Got kicked out in the CL by Bayern in embarrasing fashion, and relied on a post Pep Barcelona to win the title back from Real. 

And you prefer him over Pep and Mou? Again, just makes no sense. 

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Embarrassing fashion? Pep has lost to RM and Barcelona 5-0, embarrassingly and how long ago since either coach been to the CL semis?

*P.S. once again,Frank R. Gets ZERO credit and pep all of it :34_rolling_eyes:

Nice deflection. Christ you are  a walking fallacy. xD No wonder you and Marc attract each other. (love how you conveniently only bring up Pep getting beaten 5-0, yet ignore when Pep beat Mourinho 5-0 in 2010. Yet again, personal agenda will always be your main influence) 

The same Frank R. that had Barca finish 3rd the season before. Again, conveniently didn't bring that up, because that would go against your agenda. 

Rijkaard gets loads of credit, as does Ronaldinho as they pretty much set the tone for what has occurred over the past 10 years, although Pep took the team to another level and that changed the clubs mentality to one that frustratingly fails, with success here and there to one that has consistent success and created a dynasty. 

As for Tito, he can't be blamed for the Bayern result as he was in hospital during the time, so there is no telling what he could have achieved. It's sad he had to go so young as he had potential to carry on from Pep. In his season though Roura was often in charge of the first team and Xavi claimed no work on tactics was done during this period. That league title was pretty much won by Messi and Iniesta on their own, although before his illness, Tito looked like a really good manager who was right for the job. 

Which brings us to players, many players and coaches have been and gone during this time, but two have always been there in Messi and Iniesta. We've got to credit these lads as they have been there time and time again over the last decade and this success has been possible due to the qualities of these 2. Now it's going to be about Messi carrying that torch himself with Iniesta's retirement around the corner. 

Personally I rate Valverde but get what Cicero is saying at the same time. This is a much more conservative Barcelona than we are used to seeing, but a lack of top quality midfielders with ideas and losing Neymar to PSG before then losing his replacement to injury, forced his hand into changing what he originally had planned. With Arthur, a few new signings, and Coutinho and Dembele being like new signings themselves, I see a better and more free flowing side next season. After winning a domestic double convincingly, I believe he deserves another season. 

16 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Thanks bruv. You and I rarely agree when it comes to football but its the way we approach each others opinions with respect that has helped us get along 10+ years. From now , if anyone wants to know my opinion dont bother, go straight to Cicero instead.

Really don't understand his problem today...meet a few people in real life that disregard my opinion simply for being a minority, I hope that ain't rhe reason but I highly doubt it, Cicero doesnt give me those vibes..maybe he is having a bad day who knows.

I highly encourage you to educate yourself in critical thinking. This has nothing to do with me, rather your style of posting that has given you the reputation you have. 

Again, I have nothing against you personally. But from what I gather, you are rather young and inexperienced with forming rational and counterintuitive arguments. It really is blatant in your postings with the number of deflections and fallacies you continue to use. 

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Take it to off topic gentleman. 

Such a weird thing for you to say. You seemed to be having fun with your Impromptu Helicopter discussion :D

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Personally I rate Valverde but get what Cicero is saying at the same time. This is a much more conservative Barcelona than we are used to seeing, but a lack of top quality midfielders with ideas and losing Neymar to PSG before then losing his replacement to injury, forced his hand into changing what he originally had planned. With Arthur, a few new signings, and Coutinho and Dembele being like new signings themselves, I see a better and more free flowing side next season. After winning a domestic double convincingly, I believe he deserves another season. 

So many times this season, I see Messi carrying the ball where Alba is seriously his only available outlet. The great thing about Alba is his fitness and ability to always make a great run for Leo to spot out. 

Other than that, Suarez and Messi are isolated. Messi drops deep enough, but can't provide that much service considering Suarez is the only one up there and is double marked. 

Valverde to me is a result based manager and is really ruining Barca's attacking threat in the final third.  If Messi gets injured, Barcelona will seriously suffer. 

Aside Pep, Sarri is the ideal manager for Barcelona. 

38 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So many times this season, I see Messi carrying the ball where Alba is seriously his only available outlet. The great thing about Alba is his fitness and ability to always make a great run for Leo to spot out. 

Other than that, Suarez and Messi are isolated. Messi drops deep enough, but can't provide that much service considering Suarez is the only one up there and is double marked. 

Valverde to me is a result based manager and is really ruining Barca's attacking threat in the final third.  If Messi gets injured, Barcelona will seriously suffer. 

Aside Pep, Sarri is the ideal manager for Barcelona. 

I agree with this and this was on show especially vs Roma away, but having options such as Andre Gomes and Paulinho doesn't help. I reckon he needs to revert back to a 4-3-3 with Coutinho playing the Iniesta type role and Dembele forming part of a front 3. He(Dembele) has slowly been forming a good partnership lately with Messi, Suarez and Coutinho and it's frustrating how he doesn't always start. He deserves to, although getting an injury and Valverde finding a formula that worked is what has affected him the most in my opinion. With a full pre-season and some new signings, hopefully he will go back to 4-3-3. It's needed for me as the 4-4-2 became dull quickly.

Get rid of Gomes and Paulinho, promote Aleña and sign Arthur, keep Denis, Paco and Yerry Mina, but use them a lot more, buy an attacking player for the bench, sell Digne to bring back Grimaldo and then add a few squad players and you already have a stronger squad.

I reckon this should be the line-up vs Villarreal on Wednesday:-

Ter Stegen

Semedo -- Pique -- Umtiti -- Alba

Busquets

Rakitic ------ Coutinho

Messi ------------------ Dembele

Suarez

Or whatever order they are in. That was the line-up vs Deportivo the other day and I thought the football was good. Leaked a few goals, but played good football. It's a side I believe needs a run as it could potentially be the strongest 11, as it stands, next season.

One thing I will say though is that Suarez, now he has gotten rid of those knocks he was carrying, looks like he has a few years left yet, Messi and Busquets still have a lot to give, Alba is at the best he's ever been, Ter Stegen is one of the best keepers around right now and Umtiti looks like he could make that central defensive position his for many years to come, so it's about building around them, with fresh, new players, including Coutinho and Dembele, who will be more settled next term.

The problem for me is the lack of depth and 3/4 new players to boost the squad depth could really make a difference.

Speaking of the depth(or lack of) itself, the keeper position looks sound as Cilessen has shown that he is more than adequate enough, Semedo and Sergi Roberto can rotate when it comes to the right back position, depending on the type of game and if Denis was used more, he could fill in for Coutinho. But the rest needs work. A better substitute left-back, an extra defensive option, an attacker to cause problems from the bench and fill in for players when needed and 2 midfielders(who should be Aleña, along with Arthur) and I see a much more complete squad.

Poor refereeing decisions(on both sides) aside, both teams really went for it yesterday like in any other Clasico and it wasn't watered down as it could have been given the position of both teams going into the game. All 4 goals yesterday were brilliant in their own right, although this one for me would be the pick:-

You could say Suarez fouled Varane int he build up, but his work before that and after it to set up Messi, who still had a lot to do with Ramos and Casemiro in front of him and just a small amount of space to find the corner, was brilliantly done.

The Bale one was also a fantastic finish(and clever little pass by Asensio before), although you don't see enough of that from Bale in a Real Madrid t-shirt in my opinion. Constant injuries don't exactly help the lad but he was much better when playing for Spurs.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Blue said:

You shot yourself in the foot with your agenda opinions unfortunately, I have noticed improvement in your thinking but your past way of thinking is going to cost you for some time. Making fun of Peru, Leicester and Chelsea constantly as well as all the things Cicero mentioned hasn't helped you.

If I said Tito was better than Pep for example, Cicero would have respected me more because I haven't shown constant bias over time. Its different to your situation.

As for the actual opinion, I think Pep is better than Tito but each to their own.

You sure? For a while you used to think one of Peru's defenders (Alberto Rodriguez?) would make it in Europe and be one of the best this side of the Atlantic based on nothing at all and couldn't understand/took offence to anyone questioning that thinking? 

Just now, Stan said:

You sure? For a while you used to think one of Peru's defenders (Alberto Rodriguez?) would make it in Europe and be one of the best this side of the Atlantic based on nothing at all and couldn't understand/took offence to anyone questioning that thinking? 

Times change.

I still think Alberto Rodriguez defensively is good enough to play in the Premier League. Physically he can't though.

On 5/6/2018 at 21:47, SirBalon said:

Why?

I still look at this Barca team and wonder. I wonder about their identity and the strength of their midfield for example. A lot of the time when I watch them, it's Messi and nothing else. Busquets is brilliant but Rakitic for me has good periods and moments but not consistent enough, he looks better when he's playing more centrally and deeper. I think they've been lacking in midfield for years now and at their best I always associate Barca with having a very strong midfield. As mentioned, I look at them lot of the time and think Messi FC which goes to show how extraordinary this man is. Paulinho may have pleasantly surprised people but why was he bought in? What does it suggest in terms of identity, direction etc. I like Valverde's personality but for me the Champions League exit to Roma (in the manner it happened, not the fact they lost) is almost unforgivable for a club of Barcelona's style and history. For these reasons. Basically for not being as good as they were. xD

You can perhaps say I'm comparing to the golden days or say I'm a purist but I no longer look at Barcelona in the way I looked at them in the past. With a wow factor sort of thing. Of course there's still moments of brilliance from Iniesta, Busquets etc and Barcelona have some other amazing players but for me they're missing their soul a little. I also cannot believe we played in the manner we did against them, they were there for the taking in my opinion.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

I still look at this Barca team and wonder. I wonder about their identity and the strength of their midfield for example. A lot of the time when I watch them, it's Messi and nothing else. Busquets is brilliant but Rakitic for me has good periods and moments but not consistent enough, he looks better when he's playing more centrally and deeper. I think they've been lacking in midfield for years now and at their best I always associate Barca with having a very strong midfield. As mentioned, I look at them lot of the time and think Messi FC which goes to show how extraordinary this man is. Paulinho may have pleasantly surprised people but why was he bought in? What does it suggest in terms of identity, direction etc. I like Valverde's personality but for me the Champions League exit to Roma (in the manner it happened, not the fact they lost) is almost unforgivable for a club of Barcelona's style and history. For these reasons. Basically for not being as good as they were. xD

You can perhaps say I'm comparing to the golden days or say I'm a purist but I no longer look at Barcelona in the way I looked at them in the past. With a wow factor sort of thing. Of course there's still moments of brilliance from Iniesta, Busquets etc and Barcelona have some other amazing players but for me they're missing their soul a little. I also cannot believe we played in the manner we did against them, they were there for the taking in my opinion.

Ok then mate, that's a fair analysis of Barça's internal signing policy and also entering into the technical side of the department over the past few years.  But I responded to you with the "why?" Because you said it would be good to see Real Madrid smash (SMASH) this Barcelona side.  None of what you have now written explains the reason why you felt that.

For example...  I may not like a particular style of football of another team of which I have absolutely no connection to due to the club I support and I don't think I can muster a club I would have such a sensation as to feel aid like to see them smashed in terms of a scoreline.  The only way I could type a sentence where I depict a singular player I admire and then state aid like to see that team smashed by another giant that could easily be described as being of the same nature, would be because I actually have a serious dislike for that club and hard reasons for it personally.

I mean... You support Chelsea and you wanted to see Real Madrid smash Barcelona. It's not the same as saying you'd like to see Levante smash Barcelona next week which I would understand quite easily due to supporting a club from elsewhere. 

Brilliant dribble by Dembele before Coutinho scored the rebound for the first.

This is why he should be starting every week. He's the perfect type of player to fill in the gap left by Neymar's departure and has a decade ahead of him.

The second was a lovely team goal. You can see the difference that Coutinho and Dembele make when both play in the side.

Great game from Barça minus the goal against mishap where the foot was taken off the gas for a while.  Dembélé's best game in the colours of Barcelona and this is why he has to continue for next season instead of all that loan deal talk that's been banded around by some mediums. This Barcelona side is more pragmatic than others of the past but after what Valverde found in pre-season he has done a miraculous job not only to steady the ship, but also to break records in winning the club's 8th double. The team continue to remain unbeaten in La Liga and in La Liga there is no other team that comes close to them, so any criticism thrown around should be aimed elsewhere. :bye:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived