• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D Matchday 1 - 16 June

football forum

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nigeria been steady so far, Croatia not done much.

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

This game is going to be a hard watch. So far Croatia don't look like the team Bilic was wanking over in the studio on Thursday 

Looks like its going to be one of them hard slogs for 80 minutes only for Croatia to nick one late on.. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The whole 290 odd million stadium is built on a swamp and is sinking??? Kin hell xD

Brings a whole new meaning to money down the bog that does... 

Mental. How the hell was that approved?! Must have some very lax planning permission rules! 

7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Growing up in the 90s I got used to a Nigeria side that played beautiful football. Finidi, Kanu, Okocha... Since then, part of me always expect that kind of football from Nigeria and I´m always  disappointed. 

How can you leave out Oliseh? Fantastic player. 

I don't think Nigeria have been abysmal, in fact in this half they've had more of the play. Maybe to be expected but Croatia have been very disappointing.

Moses is such a weird winger. Not quite defensively good enough that you would want him stuck around your own box too long; not creative enough to be much use around the opposition box.

Credit to Conte for managing to find a role that got a good season out of him.

30 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Growing up in the 90s I got used to a Nigeria side that played beautiful football. Finidi, Kanu, Okocha... Since then, part of me always expect that kind of football from Nigeria and I´m always  disappointed. 

Under the watch of Peter Rufai, the blue blooded Nigerian Prince, at the goal. Royal.

16 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Rufai! That brings some memories. But the 90s goalkeeper I liked the most was this one: :27_sunglasses:

Respect. Only Zubi and a bottle of cologne impeded Cañizares from playing a WC game in 1998 and 2002.

• Administrator

Disappointed with Nigeria. Expected more of them even when they were losing, to at least chase the game or provide some threat to Croatia. Then you go and give the most stupid penalty away right in front of the ref. On a par with what Umtiti did as well in the other group earlier today.

• The topic was unpinned

I am reading this morning that Messi is 'Angry' with Icelands tactics against them after claiming they did nothing but defend and attack with long throw ins.. xD

Funny that, apart from some throw in's they also scored a goal and saved a penalty... A couple of major contributing factors to the end result I thought... B|

Archived