• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru

football forum

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Machado said:

Mbappe what a monster this kid is. The next big thing, there is no doubt.

That pace was unreal. Blew by the defender so quickly he couldn't grab a hold of him to slow him down. xD

Just now, Machado said:

France's quality finally showing in this tournament. With so many quality players you're bound to have some nice moments I suppose.

But there’s no structure to their football. It’s all bits of this and bits of that. Individual moments with no essence. I wonder how far this type of mysterious football can get them.   

1-0 France at Half-time. 

Great half for France, particularly the last 20 minutes. Both teams with their own chances, however we have looked the much better team after the first 20-25. 

If I was Peru, I would work a little more on keeping possession, but they are looking dangerous, but losing possession too often. 

We needed that half time to come. We haven't recovered since that unlucky goal. That's all this tournament has been for us. That's what the last 36 years has been for us. We never do things the easy way.

Firstly, I'd like to say Kante is a ridiculous talent. Best defensive midfielder in the world. Incredible work rate and good at marking his man, unbelieveable ball winner.

As I suspected, Giroud is causing us lots of trouble and every time the ball is at his feet, it results in a chance.

As for us, Cueva has been our best in my opinion. Some of the through balls he is putting in are marvellous. Flores playing well too, while Umtiti can't handle Paolo Guerrero. Alberto Rodriguez is a bit out of his depth though, physically he just doesn't have it anymore. Santamaria needs to come on at the half.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

But there’s no structure to their football. It’s all bits of this and bits of that. Individual moments with no essence. I wonder how far this type of mysterious football can get them.   

I think they´ll do fine against better opposition. Peru is a of a preview of this, because they also play and let play. 

Also, although Giroud is not the most technically gifted player, with a good target man like him, France´s game is more simple and effective, he combines very well with Griezmann and Mbappé. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

We needed that half time to come. We haven't recovered since that unlucky goal. That's all this tournament has been for us. That's what the last 36 years has been for us. We never do things the easy way.

Firstly, I'd like to say Kante is a ridiculous talent. Best defensive midfielder in the world. Incredible work rate and good at marking his man, unbelieveable ball winner.

As I suspected, Giroud is causing us lots of trouble and every time the ball is at his feet, it results in a chance.

As for us, Cueva has been our best in my opinion. Some of the through balls he is putting in are marvellous. Flores playing well too, while Umtiti can't handle Paolo Guerrero. Alberto Rodriguez is a bit out of his depth though, physically he just doesn't have it anymore. Santamaria needs to come on at the half.

for that goal Peru was just caught unaware with the super hard pressing of France.   

We are lucky we aren't 3-0 down to be honest. France are clicking here. That doesn't excuse our poor playing out of defends.

Just now, bozziovai said:

for that goal Peru was just caught unaware with the super hard pressing of France.   

It was bad luck. We were in a bad position but made the tackle successfully and it bounced over Gallese. We did all we can for it to be fair.

• The title was changed to Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived