talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Did notice anything in those replays, but Nabout is seriously in pain right now. 

probably popped his shoulder out.

end of the World Cup for him if it's dislocated.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Machado said:

This Arzani lad will get a big transfer soon.

I can see him going to City. He plays for the feeder club in Melbourne. Similar route to Mooy I reckon.

3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I am so proud of that performance. That second half was brilliant. Sainsbury, Risdon, Leckie and Arzani have just been fucking fantastic. Proud. 

What about rogic mate? He was excellent imo. Maybe best on.

The lineups are out. It's the same lineup I posted bar Polo. Carrillo made it and it appears Gareca was just resting him in training. Thank goodness, Andy Polo is hopeless.

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

What about rogic mate? He was excellent imo. Maybe best on.

He was good, some great touches, but he is expected to do that. The others are not as rated. For me Leckie was the best player on the park closely followed by Risdon who was immense against a very lively African Dane.

You've got be stupid or just not know the laws of the game to believe that was a penalty.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I played football, I know how to jump and I know where my hands tend to be positioned for impulse.

here are part of the rules for a handball in terms of awarding a penalty.

If the referee feels that the positioning of the player’s arms was not natural, then the player should be penalized.

It does not say that in the laws of the game, you have just completely made this up. Luckily i'm here to call you out on it (again)

If you think it's a penalty, remind yourself with the actual laws of the game, not random shit sir balon is posting.

Don't consider previous penalties or examples where referees and pundits make the wrong call. Just look at the laws. 

https://football-technology.fifa.com/media/1245/lotg_17_18_en.pdf

Handling the ball Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm. The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)

• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence

• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) is an offence

• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an offence

The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area. Inside their penalty area, the goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick or any related sanction but can be guilty of handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.

The grey area is the definition of 'deliberate' but when considering the above bullet points (from the actual laws of the game, i didn't make this up like Balon), I don't see how anyone can consider it to be a foul.

There was no movement of hand towards ball, the distance was practically zero (unexpected ball) and the position of the hand does not necessarily mean there is an offence - Un-natural position blah blah is not in the laws of the game.

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

I'm very happy with him at left back now. 

Only thing I didn't like was Cahill not on for Nabbout!!

Yep, I was saying to myself after that injury that its Cahill's time. He'll no doubt get some time against us though.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pavard is something special

He might be good in his natural position but he was absolute crap at RB in the last game and he's playing there again tonight.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Blue said:

I can see him going to City. He plays for the feeder club in Melbourne. Similar route to Mooy I reckon.

he won't go to City straight away. THey have better players in Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz in that midfield/attacking midfield role.

I can definitely see him playing for a Premier League team in the near future though.

• The title was changed to Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived