talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru

football forum

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’m in Italy at the moment and the commentator on Mediaset keeps on repeating, “la Francia gioca un calcio di confusione”. I totally agree. 

what does that mean?

Just now, Blue said:

We are lucky we aren't 3-0 down to be honest. France are clicking here. That doesn't excuse our poor playing out of defends.

Should be on the scoresheet. I'd say 2-1 or 3-1 would reflect the way the first half went.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Blue said:

We are lucky we aren't 3-0 down to be honest. France are clicking here. That doesn't excuse our poor playing out of defends.

Peru should have scored, and France maybe with another goal or two if the ball had been struck correctly. 

Peru is still impressing me, but you are right, they needed that Half-Time. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

what does that mean?

Should be on the scoresheet. I'd say 2-1 or 3-1 would reflect the way the first half went.

France plays a football of confusion. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

what does that mean?

Just now, Eco said:

Peru should have scored, and France maybe with another goal or two if the ball had been struck correctly. 

Peru is still impressing me, but you are right, they needed that Half-Time. 

At the end of the day, "should" doesn't matter. If we don't score we're going out of the competition and we'll be remembered as a minnow.

Just now, Blue said:

At the end of the day, "should" doesn't matter. If we don't score we're going out of the competition and we'll be remembered as a minnow.

while correct that you will go home unless you score, I doubt you'll be remembered as a minnow. Every true fan knows that Peru were unlucky in game 1, and are holding pretty well against a top team in France. Plus, Peru isn't coming out and parking the bus so all fans respect you for that. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

what does that mean?

France play a very confusing type of football.

To be honest my opinion is based on what they're saying here which is there's no structure to their play and just moments of individual football based on containing at the back.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Feel for Umtiti. Knee to the quad one of the worst injuries to experience. Such a deep muscle bruise and doesn't go away for a while. 

It reminds me of being at school, when you used to run up to people and knee them. it fucking hurt that.

We'd call it the "tiger knee".

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Matuidi is just unecessary when you have Kante. Put on Rabiot 

Rabiot has a terrible attitude and for that was not selected for the WC. He is the type of player that'd refuse to be subbed on because he isn't starting, and a player that refuses to start if it isn't his favourite position.

I wonder how shitty France would be if their players with dual eligibilty played for the other choice. I think out of them all only Griezmann, Giroid, Pavard, Lloris would remain. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I wonder how shitty France would be if their players with dual eligibilty played for the other choice. I think out of them all only Griezmann, Giroid, Pavard, Lloris would remain. 

Hence why Benzema isn't there. There's a lot of that or at least that's what they allude to in France.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Infact on comes one of those... Fekir first said yes to Algeria and on the deadline day the FFF gave him, he changed his mind. How can you federate someone like that. 

• The title was changed to Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived