talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

David Brooks Signs for Bournemouth

The marker seems to have been set in regards to what prices Championship clubs are willing to sell their assets with a flurry of deals happening over the last week or so. This one could be the biggest yet.

I hate the whole Bournemouth mantra and their style of football but every window I find myself getting jealous of some of the players they sign. Some of them don't work out but when they've signed Mings, Cook, Ritchie, Adobe, Wilson and now possibly both Brooks and Tierney I see them signing players that I could easily get behind at Palace.

I hope it's a large fee as this deal could have big implications for Sheffield United. Losing a young creative talisman like Brooks who was so important to their great early season form last year could have big implications on a squad who looked capable of being outside contenders for promotion.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the figure ive read mentioned is around 12m.

I think Brooks will be some player in the next few years - he only has to look at whats happened to Cook over the last 12 months to know hes in safe hands there.

Additionally, as a Welshman im happy to see him making the step up

image.jpg

The 20-year-old Wales international, who has agreed a four-year contract, scored three goals in 30 league appearances for the Championship side.

The Bournemouth Echo reported the Cherries will pay a fee of £10m, potentially rising to £11.5m.

"We've seen enough to suggest he could be outstanding at this level," said Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe.

"He is technically very good, has huge potential and will fit our philosophy in terms of how we want to play."

Brooks represented England at under-20 level but switched allegiances to Wales - the country of his mother's birth - and won the first of his three senior caps in a friendly fixture against France last November.

Club record in received transfer fee for United.

Some top british talent has emerged from our setup over the years, Brooks had a great season for us, burst on the scene, will be interesting to see his development from here.

50 minutes ago, DNA said:

image.jpg

Some top british talent has emerged from our setup over the years, Brooks had a great season for us, burst on the scene, will be interesting to see his development from here.

Welcome back to the forum mate. 

On 7/1/2018 at 14:38, Cannabis said:

We were linked with him last summer, interested to see how he does with Bournemouth to see if we were right or not to cool our interest. 

What's he like @DNA?

Quick feet, great dribbler, reads the game well, shown some nice link up play. Away game against Sheff Wed was his standout performance, which put him on the map, guy was moving past people like Neymar at times. He just looked light years ahead of everyone on the pitch and to say we were looking promotion favourites for the first quarter of the season, that is quite a statement for someone of his age. Begrudgingly lil' old Bournemouth is a good move for him (Everton too big) and the money was right, so fair play.

• Administrator
On 01/07/2018 at 14:16, DNA said:

image.jpg

hope he does well and follows in the footsteps of other youngsters from that part of the world - Walker, Maguire, Naughton, Jagielka all regular Premier League players now. 

• 6 months later...
39 minutes ago, Dan said:

He's been a cracking signing for them. I'm pissed off we paid more for Ghezzal than they did for him.

While it would have been a big ask, I'm disappointed that we didn't push the boat out to get him, especially as we bought Reid and Murphy for not much less. 

I'm a big fan of his he has to be in the run in for young player of the year I can see why big clubs are looking at him and playing with top players can only improve him plus he can easily bulk over time. That said even with the physique he has I think he can make it as a top player.  I wish Newcastle had went in and got him he's at a top club for him in Bournemouth and he's improving all the time under Eddie Howe. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

I would of looked good against us that night. Fuck me we were appalling. 

You might have been appaling and it was similar to when Tottenham beat you 3-1 they could have scored 5 or 6 that day but Brooks was terrific he run rings round your defence he always looks a threat he's got great technical ability I think he's going to be a superb player. David Luiz for all he has good games when he plays as a 2 in the main he cannot do it he always seems to get found out.

Archived