Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Open Note to Mexico

tbf, I'm pretty sure @Teso dos Bichos wanted Mexico to go out (earlier) so that Osorio would be fired.

He's probably as happy as @Spike

• Upvote 1

football forum

Mexico can't handle South American teams.

I think they've only won 1 competitve game against South America in the last 9? 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Mexico can't handle South American teams.

I think they've only won 1 competitve game against South America in the last 9? 

144bb2e82b0e15f61a585f42d30c0db0--commen

Literally lmaoing at Chicanos, Mexicans are alright.

football forum
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

144bb2e82b0e15f61a585f42d30c0db0--commen

Mexico 0-2 Brazil

Mexico 1-1 Venezuela

Mexico 3-1 Uruguay

Mexico 1-2 Ecuador

Mexico 3-3 Chile

Mexico 0-0 Bolivia

Mexico 0-1 Uruguay

Mexico 0-1 Peru

Mexico 1-2 Chile

I might have missed one, but from my counting that's the last 9 competitive encounters between Mexico and South America. Appears they can only do it vs shithouse Europeans :ph34r:

football forum
Just now, Cicero said:

They almost beat Argentina a couple years ago

I said competitive though. They beat Paraguay and Chile in 2016 but in friendlies.

I believe you're talking about the 2-2 no?

México never gets past the Round of 16. Great football nation, quality league and historied and proud teams. It´s a shame.  

They always have good teams but in my opinion they miss an elite forward, who can decide a game in one play. México miss a true great like Messi, Messi miss an organized side to support him like México. At times, the world is unfair. 

México´s participations in World Cups since 1994. Always out in the Round of 16, 5 goals scored, 14 conceded.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They almost beat Argentina a couple years ago

That Maxí Rodríguez goal in extra time in 2006, man, México never gets a break.

This is the story of mexican footall: "Jugamos como nunca, perdimos como siempre." (We´ve played like never before, we lost as always).

Ignore the trolls @Teso dos Bichos

Your nation did you proud amigo.

A famous win against Germany, qualification from a very difficult group and then a valiant loss against the tournament favourites.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Ochoa had another unreal tournament. Such a shame he hasn't seemed to get his club's right in Europe, moving to Malaga was such a bad decision after the last World Cup. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Marc said:

A famous win against Germany, qualification from a very difficult group and then a valiant loss against the tournament favourites.

giphy.gif

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Marc said:

sorry but where are the trolls here?

Just now, Cannabis said:

You just quoted one :ph34r:

robbie-savage-birmingham-city_1vt6gwnojd

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Will @Teso dos Bichos get a notification every time you post?? xD

He will get 1 per post. If you tag someone 100 times in 1 post, that user only gets 1 notification. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

He will get 1 per post. If you tag someone 100 times in 1 post, that user only gets 1 notification. 

Oh that's a shame. Well, take a screenshot of your notifications for us @Teso dos Bichos so we can see how it looks.

I should end all my posts with, do you agree mate? xD

@Teso dos Bichos -

Osorio's post game was very interesting, very Klinnsman like in saying that if the NT is going to improve, more players need to head to Europe. 

Agree? 

• Upvote 1

These threads just get funnier by the day o.O.

• Haha 1

football forum
1 hour ago, Eco said:

@Teso dos Bichos -

Osorio's post game was very interesting, very Klinnsman like in saying that if the NT is going to improve, more players need to head to Europe. 

Agree? 

Don't take my word from Mexico point of view, but back in 2015 I began telling family and friends that if Peru want to qualify for the World Cup, the players need to be in South America or Mexico, because in Europe they get little game time. Ideally at Brazil or Argentina. I was spot on as that's what happened after the 2016 Copa America and we qualified for the World Cup, I think Klinsmann was correct at the time he said that but now the MLS is much improved, and the players are OK where they are.

43 minutes ago, Blue said:

Don't take my word from Mexico point of view, but back in 2015 I began telling family and friends that if Peru want to qualify for the World Cup, the players need to be in South America or Mexico, because in Europe they get little game time. Ideally at Brazil or Argentina. I was spot on as that's what happened after the 2016 Copa America and we qualified for the World Cup, I think Klinsmann was correct at the time he said that but now the MLS is much improved, and the players are OK where they are.

That’s not just with players from other continents. The same goes on the domestic scene here in Europe with very young seemingly talented players leaving their home clubs and even worse, their league chasing fame and fortune to then either stay in academies, loaned out for what seems forever or playing bit parts at best.

Not only has that destroyed an a immense amount of young European talent in the past three decades, but has also gone on to destroy once great clubs and leagues in some cases. 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

@Teso dos Bichos -

Agree? 

I don't think there's anything controversial about what he's said. If more players in the national team are playing in better leagues regularly, the likelihood that the national team is better is much higher. I like Liga MX, it's an entertaining league and it's got an appreciation for more than just the ultra-physical style of play that permeates the MLS; there's lots of technically adept players in the league. But so much of the Mexican national side play in Liga MX or MLS and the standard of those leagues has them less ready to take on players that are used to a higher level of competition and have more physical stamina. Mexico started really well against Brazil. But they very rapidly tired out - they can play good stuff, but not as consistently and for a full match against top quality opposition.

Playing in bigger leagues in Europe (or at a big Argentinian/Brazilian side) with more of a balance between technical ability & physicality as opposed to MLS or Liga MX would go a long way for the Mexican national team. Same with the US side really. Also Iran. And Saudi Arabia. Probably Australia too. Also South Korea and Japan. And pretty much every national team that's in a similar situation.

Look at Denmark, Sweden, or Croatia - good players and good sides, Denmark have 2 players from their domestic league. Sweden have no players playing in Sweden. Only Croatia's 3rd choice keeper plays in Croatia.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Thanks mate.. I'll take beating Germany over losing to Denmark any day. 

I'm sure anyone who isn't German would want that