talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

To support the local breweries, some bakeries in my city now bake Altbier-Brot. So instead of water they use beer that the breweries would have to otherwise throw away due to the bars being closed during the pandemic. :o 

https://www.bild.de/regional/duesseldorf/duesseldorf-regional-politik-und-wirtschaft/baecker-helfen-brauerei-in-der-not-wird-aus-bier-jetzt-brot-75817156.bild.html

That's the solidarity you want to see in times like these...

Are you going to buy it???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some stories are too good to be true: in Northeim is a street where the police installed a speed trap a few days ago to control drivers respecting the walking speed limit in said streets. Two days later this trap had taken pictures of 52 pedestrians, who were caught because they were faster than what the police supposed to be walking speed.xD

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Some stories are too good to be true: in Northeim is a street where the police installed a speed trap a few days ago to control drivers respecting the walking speed limit in said streets. Two days later this trap had taken pictures of 52 pedestrians, who were caught because they were faster than what the police supposed to be walking speed.xD

Took me a while to get this. xD

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Also, how is no one helping or intervening? Makes me really angry. 

Usually through fear of repercussion from the racist/violent person.

• Sad 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Its all too common these days. People would rather get out their phones and record things instead of getting involved. I hate people. 

I partly agree.

But there's been several cases for Police (in UK anyway) where phone footage has been incredibly key and used as valuable evidence as opposed to it just being someone's word against another's. It has genuinely helped in criminal cases. If the person filming hasn't alerted police or some kind of security/official that can help, then yeah they're stupid, but these days it phone/video footage can be crucial.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Stan said:

I partly agree.

But there's been several cases for Police (in UK anyway) where phone footage has been incredibly key and used as valuable evidence as opposed to it just being someone's word against another's. It has genuinely helped in criminal cases. If the person filming hasn't alerted police or some kind of security/official that can help, then yeah they're stupid, but these days it phone/video footage can be crucial.

Take Tommy's example; thats not really something I would give a flying fuck about filming or handing to the police. Thats something that enrages me watching people stand by and do nothing but whip out their camera phones for. If one person stands up to him I would bet more people would think about standing up too. 

You are right in some cases for sure having things on film help but when thats the first reaction of seemingly nearly everyone these days it drives me nuts. 

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Take Tommy's example; thats not really something I would give a flying fuck about filming or handing to the police. Thats something that enrages me watching people stand by and do nothing but whip out their camera phones for. If one person stands up to him I would bet more people would think about standing up too. 

You are right in some cases for sure having things on film help but when thats the first reaction of seemingly nearly everyone these days it drives me nuts. 

Don't get me wrong I do understand and appreciate your point.

If I was on the receiving end of that kind of abuse or hatred I'd want to see other people stand up, distract, support, face up to him as well. Some people do have pure fear though when they see someone that enraged or abusive or offensive because they don't know how they'll be seen in that person's eyes. And prefer to stay out of focus or attention of the aggressor. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

If someone on Qoura has asked it it must be true ? :ph34r:

I don't stare. I can't even hold eye contact with my own reflection in the mirror. Just kidding, but I don't think Germans are particularly known for starring? Or maybe I'm in too deep and don't notice it anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nope. Saw it in Prime as well just a few days ago though :D 

Can your next Bundesliga Quiz Round include the question who the first black German National team player was? Because I have just learned that. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Can your next Bundesliga Quiz Round include the question who the first black German National team player was? Because I have just learned that. xD

That woud have been a good question, to be honest. I'll include it in the Round 256, to check if you still remember it :ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

to check if you still remember it :ph34r:

Most likely not. :ph34r:xD

Erwin Kostedde for the record. 1974. Much earlier than England for example had any black national players. :o 

But man, in that film they just showed a documentary from 1957 about single German mothers who had a child from a black man. And the reporter honestly asked the mother, if she wants to send the child to the circus when it's older, or why she simply doesn't give it up to adoption. :52_fearful: Different times. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1