talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@Viva la FCB the news from south western BC are worrying, hope you stay safe!

Im ok as im in the lower mainland, quite close Vancouver basically, thanks for the wishes though. It is sad to see the devastation and it doesnt look like its done yet.

On 22/03/2017 at 09:32, nudge said:

oh cool, I hope he joins, I need a HSV fan to laugh at when we thrash them on Easter Sunday :ph34r:

Seriously though, there are still a few people missing; Chadwell, Torsten, Joel, jobosno. Teo is not joining us then, I take it?

looks like I fell off posting on TFF right around the time the site went away - tried to find it a few times over the years but wasn't able to find where everyone went until now, LOL

good to see some of the same faces are still around

• Wow 2

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, jobosno said:

looks like I fell off posting on TFF right around the time the site went away - tried to find it a few times over the years but wasn't able to find where everyone went until now, LOL

Wow, I certainly didn't expect this! Better late than never though, even if it took you more than four years :4_joy:

Welcome back, mate! Not great times for our clubs, huh. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jobosno said:

The_Return_of_the_King_Banner.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jobosno said:

Welcome back!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Was looking through German mythology tonight, and came across the Beerwolf, which honestly sounds like a nickname given to @nudge after a night of heavy drinking. 

That's my middle name. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's my middle name. 

I could totally see this being you - except shouting your middle name (and being a chick).

INGA BEERWOLF! INGA BEERWOLF!

And then you throw back your head, look to the sky, and howl like the wild animal you are. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

I could totally see this being you - except shouting your middle name (and being a chick).

INGA BEERWOLF! INGA BEERWOLF!

And then you throw back your head, look to the sky, and howl like the wild animal you are. 

tenor.gif

I love your imagination xD

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this, but last night I watched Angela's conference with President Biden and this morning we have seen the awful scenes in Dusseldorf as the Rhine has got bigger and bigger.  I have sat many times on the banks near the Parliament building when Summer has been kind and know that Tommy's residence is not too far away.  I hope he knows that we are all wanting to send him our best and really hope that he and family are not affected too much at the moment.  So frustrating that we cannot do anything other than offer words due to the present problems, but, my young friend, we are thinking about you!:x

Edited by SchalkeUK

23 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this, but last night I watched Angela's conference with President Biden and this morning we have seen the awful scenes in Dusseldorf as the Rhine has got bigger and bigger.  I have sat many times on the banks near the Parliament building when Summer has been kind and know that Tommy's residence is not too far away.  I hope he knows that we are all wanting to send him our best and really hope that he and family are not affected too much at the moment.  So frustrating that we cannot do anything other than offer words due to the present problems, but, my young friend, we are thinking about you!:x

Thank you, but luckily I'm not really affected. In the east and south of Düsseldorf, things have been worse, but still nothing compared to what's going on in the Eifel region. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I vomit by the thought that this could be our next chancellor. 

217837989_1185786238554343_6072374967804

Who do you want? 

I'm looking into them now. Crazy to think Merkel won't be leader of Germany as she's been doing it for so long and appears to have done a fantastic job, though I'm sure others think differently. 

10 hours ago, Eco said:

Who do you want? 

I'm looking into them now. Crazy to think Merkel won't be leader of Germany as she's been doing it for so long and appears to have done a fantastic job, though I'm sure others think differently. 

Anyone but him. But SPD's Olaf Scholz has the charisma of a potato sack. The media makes sure to discredit the Green candidate Annalena Baerbock any chance they get. So it's very likely that we'll end up with that buffoon Laschet. :(

I know who I'm going to vote for, just to piss off all the old shitheads. 

6 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

@Eco went to the Van Gogh experience today. You where right, absolutely amazing to see. Well worth going to and I was kinda just tagging along as I feel like i havent been to an event in like 2 years xD

Yeah man - it's a lot to take in, especially the room with all of his paintings moving...just overload on the senses. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Eco said:

Meanwhile you have Angela Merkel visiting the region, holding hands with the prime minster of Rhineland-Palatinate, who suffers from multiple sclerosis and usually can't walk far without a wheelchair. 

1-format1012.jpg

Years ago I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'm going to miss Merkel as our chancellor, especially if you see what might follows. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Tommy said:

Meanwhile you have Angela Merkel visiting the region, holding hands with the prime minster of Rhineland-Palatinate, who suffers from multiple sclerosis and usually can't walk far without a wheelchair. 

Years ago I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'm going to miss Merkel as our chancellor, especially if you see that might follows. 

I'm still not sure what people dislike so much about Merkel. She's respected across the world, led Germany through some 6 U.S. Presidents and remained on great terms, rose the GDP and I think she did well with all the Brexit shit. 

I wish she could come here and lead our country for a decade, although the way politics are here, I wouldn't wish that for anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Eco said:

I'm still not sure what people dislike so much about Merkel. She's respected across the world, led Germany through some 6 U.S. Presidents and remained on great terms, rose the GDP and I think she did well with all the Brexit shit. 

I wish she could come here and lead our country for a decade, although the way politics are here, I wouldn't wish that for anyone. 

Some six years ago I was asked to address a group of English and German Friends when we visited the Parliament with the Members representing the Ruhr area in the building on the Rhine in Dusseldorf.  The UK was having its usual argument about the EU and we were, under David Cameron, in a bit of a mess.  My largest round of applause was when I suggested that those in Germany who were not too happy with her leadership could have an exchange - we take Angela and they could have David.  I often wonder where we would be now if that had happened - not many politicians get the respect she does - not only at home but from other people and countries.  I hope your next choice is a good!

• Upvote 3