Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Favourite Caucasian Groups


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Isn't it only the Americans who still call white people "Caucasian"?

For me, and I'm pretty sure for the most part of the normal world, Caucasian means people from the Caucasus... 

Well I must not be from your normal world. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Well I must not be from your normal world. 

Yeah, I should probably have put it better, haha, but the term is seriously retarded. You use it in Australia, too? Guess it's a thing in the English speaking world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, I should probably have put it better, haha, but the term is seriously retarded. You use it in Australia, too? Guess it's a thing in the English speaking world.

I am not a fan of the term. I’ve definitely seen it used here. Less and less though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Isn't it only the Americans who still call white people "Caucasian"?

For me, and I'm pretty sure for the most part of the normal world, Caucasian means people from the Caucasus... 

We use it too, thought all people did. :o Wonder why did it spread so far and it's still widely used in quite a few parts of the world since the meaning is so off given people from the Caucasus are not particularly white neither?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

We use it too, thought all people did. :o Wonder why did it spread so far and it's still widely used in quite a few parts of the world since the meaning is so off given people from the Caucasus are not particularly white neither?

It spread because of "scientific" racism theories which claimed that the purest, most beautiful form of the white race originated from the Caucasus Mountain in modern Georgia. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...