talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Do you ever watch local non league football?

football forum

There are some non league clubs near me. Bath fc and weston super mare are quite near. Wouldn't  want to go lower than  conference south because I'll be the only one there 😂 Does anyone ever go to watch local non league clubs? 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

yep, I've gone to a local derby match between AFC Rushden and Kettering last year.

Been to see Bedford Town a few times in recent years.

I remember between 2004 and 2008 it felt like I was non-league football at Leicester xD 

34 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

There are some non league clubs near me. Bath fc and weston super mare are quite near. Wouldn't  want to go lower than  conference south because I'll be the only one there 😂 Does anyone ever go to watch local non league clubs? 

Only did a couple times. I used to play indoor football at the local club, i was one of the starting strikers, until the cocksucking coach decided to put his son in my place. I left and never went back to play there again.

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

yep, I've gone to a local derby match between AFC Rushden and Kettering last year.

Been to see Bedford Town a few times in recent years.

I remember between 2004 and 2008 it felt like I was non-league football at Leicester xD 

Kettering get some decent support don't they?

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Only did a couple times. I used to play indoor football at the local club, i was one of the starting strikers, until the cocksucking coach decided to put his son in my place. I left and never went back to play there again.

Maybe you were just shit :ph34r:

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Kettering get some decent support don't they?

not sure. we saw the game at Rushden's stadium. 

Having a look at their attendances, they get about 800 average. 

We saw a cup game between the 2. Rushden won 3-2 which is pretty decent considering Kettering were a division above at the time.

25 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Fuck off you cunt! I was good and i was also doing well, bastard just replaced me to put his fucking son. I was having none of it.

You do realize I was joking don't  you?

• Subscriber

I've hardly ever done it but I think that'll change if this situation regarding overseas games contaminates the English game like I fear it might. I think that'll be the final straw for me and I'd struggle to be able to financially support it.

Leicestershire's clubs really do struggle though. I genuinely could not tell you who the next highest club in the county is without looking it up. My guess is Barwell - a village about 7 miles from me, of a similar size to the one I live in, population around 8,000, punching above their weight due to being propped up by a backer. I used to go and watch Hinckley United every now and then which is the town right next to Barwell, but they went under a few years ago and have now reformed in this bizarre situation where a club called Leicester Road FC uses their ground, and AFC Hinckley plays about 15 miles away in a village called Heather. Baffles me.

I just don't get how Loughborough hasn't got a decent side. The national sporting university, town bigger than the likes of Yeovil, Macclesfield, Torquay etc... and their local side Loughborough Dynamo I don't think has ever played above the 7th tier.

Been numerous times to non-league games over the years, as far down as the Essex Senior League (the 9th tier of English Football). There’s not too many near me that I’ve not been to. Cheshunt and Waltham Abbey are two I can think of but after them, I struggle to name more. 

10 hours ago, Berserker said:

Did you hit on her daughter ?

11 hours ago, Dan said:

I've hardly ever done it but I think that'll change if this situation regarding overseas games contaminates the English game like I fear it might. I think that'll be the final straw for me and I'd struggle to be able to financially support it.

Leicestershire's clubs really do struggle though. I genuinely could not tell you who the next highest club in the county is without looking it up. My guess is Barwell - a village about 7 miles from me, of a similar size to the one I live in, population around 8,000, punching above their weight due to being propped up by a backer. I used to go and watch Hinckley United every now and then which is the town right next to Barwell, but they went under a few years ago and have now reformed in this bizarre situation where a club called Leicester Road FC uses their ground, and AFC Hinckley plays about 15 miles away in a village called Heather. Baffles me.

I just don't get how Loughborough hasn't got a decent side. The national sporting university, town bigger than the likes of Yeovil, Macclesfield, Torquay etc... and their local side Loughborough Dynamo I don't think has ever played above the 7th tier.

Loughborough once beat arsenal 8.0. Our worst ever defeat. 

5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Been numerous times to non-league games over the years, as far down as the Essex Senior League (the 9th tier of English Football). There’s not too many near me that I’ve not been to. Cheshunt and Waltham Abbey are two I can think of but after them, I struggle to name more. 

How many people were there in a 9th tier game?

16 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

How many people were there in a 9th tier game?

Tiny. 

I walked into the second half of Enfield 1893 (who don’t actually play in Enfield) v Basildon United in pre-season in July. The crowd was 14, I think I was the only one there who wasn’t a relative of a player. 

Been to Redbridge FC a couple of times and the crowds must be 30 at most. 

Archived