talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

I just think it’s funny that coked out 40something thinks that doing that’ll make them play any better.

Moshiri’s era of Everton has led to their fan base defaulting to toxic as fuck 90% of the time, which to an extent is understandable because Moshiri’s run the club so hilariously poorly that it’s reasonable to question if he’s a Liverpool fan. Weirdly, the thing that sort of snapped the toxicity and got the fans united with the players was points deductions.

Everton need Moshiri gone and you’ll stop seeing the fans be so fucking angry all the time.

But no sense in being super toxic to these players and the management: Everton are probably going to be shit for as long as Moshiri owns them. The squad is crap & you’ve got a manager who’s specialty is ugly football with the hopes of staying up.

Dyche and the blueshite players aren’t the blueshites enemy, the owners are.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just think it’s funny that coked out 40something thinks that doing that’ll make them play any better.

Moshiri’s era of Everton has led to their fan base defaulting to toxic as fuck 90% of the time, which to an extent is understandable because Moshiri’s run the club so hilariously poorly that it’s reasonable to question if he’s a Liverpool fan. Weirdly, the thing that sort of snapped the toxicity and got the fans united with the players was points deductions.

Everton need Moshiri gone and you’ll stop seeing the fans be so fucking angry all the time.

But no sense in being super toxic to these players and the management: Everton are probably going to be shit for as long as Moshiri owns them. The squad is crap & you’ve got a manager who’s specialty is ugly football with the hopes of staying up.

Dyche and the blueshite players aren’t the blueshites enemy, the owners are.

Correct in that this all filters down from Moshiri.

These fans are cunts and shouldn't have been shouting abuse at these players but when you've got Holgate on £80k a week and Maupay on £60k a week at the club for multiple years while contributing nothing giving it back after a 4-0 drubbing, you can see why they're pissed off and they're probably also drunk as fuck. It's not the fault of those players though. Of course they're going to see out those contracts instead of taking a paycut to go elsewhere and play. The fault is on the people who brought them to the club and offered them that money.

Moshiri is an absolute cancer. He's tried to sell the club for over a year and all he's succeeded in doing is creating more debt by taking money off MSP, 777 and Dan Friedkin who didn't end up completing their takeovers and are now owed money by the club.

By all accounts, if we can survive one more year without relegation or administration then the cash flow from the new ground should allow us to start digging our way out of the hole. It's going to be another long season though. Our fanbase sells out home and away all season and deserve better than the shambles of this last decade. Any fanbase would be equally toxic when subjected to the same imbalance of expectations vs reality that we've had for this long.

Side note - is it normal for a top flight team to be getting a train back from London to Liverpool? Are we so skint we can't afford the petrol for the team coach to do the journey? Seems mental to me and asking for this sort of trouble.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Side note - is it normal for a top flight team to be getting a train back from London to Liverpool? Are we so skint we can't afford the petrol for the team coach to do the journey? Seems mental to me and asking for this sort of trouble.

I think a lot of clubs have switched to taking trains when it's convenient too so they can claim they're "going green" and having "minimal carbon footprint" - but I think coaches are still used when there's not a convenient way by train.

There's other clubs, though, who don't give a fuck about the optics of sustainability and just fly private to every match lol.

It's not nice being in & around a club where much better has been known. I think perhaps how Everton did reasonably well last season many would have been expecting better to start this season. Yet the bottom 6 or 7 already forming it seems.

But going out of the way to give personal abuse to players is out of order. I've heard lots of Micah Richards stories of his time at Villa. I heard Stan Collymore's TalkSport rant at the time to a few named players & in general. (And Lescott did deserve a bit to be fair) Yet, I do not remember anyone in any media mentioning the owner (Randy Lerner) The only person I have heard talk about the owner since has been Tim Sherwood, who told a story of telling the owner it was a relegation battle squad. And he was right. And there are just a few clubs where that's just more difficult to accept, comprehend & deal with.

Edited by Reluctant Striker

DCL's contract is going to expire at the end of the season. You also have the old boys Ashley Young, Coleman, and Gueye whose contracts are ending. Keane, Holgate, Doucoure, and Maupay as well. Harrison & Lindstrom also only on loan. All according to transfermarkt.

Some could obviously re-sign but ideally Everton would want to replace these players anyway including DCL who rarely seems to perform.

A major squad refresh is needed and with Everton's financial situation it's going to be difficult to do. They better hope some academy prospects are ready to step up.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

DCL's contract is going to expire at the end of the season. You also have the old boys Ashley Young, Coleman, and Gueye whose contracts are ending. Keane, Holgate, Doucoure, and Maupay as well. Harrison & Lindstrom also only on loan. All according to transfermarkt.

Some could obviously re-sign but ideally Everton would want to replace these players anyway including DCL who rarely seems to perform.

A major squad refresh is needed and with Everton's financial situation it's going to be difficult to do. They better hope some academy prospects are ready to step up.

Everton are desperate to cash in on Calvert-Lewin as he's been offered a lucrative new contract and has no intention of signing it.

Unfortunately he skewered a potential move to Newcastle earlier this summer. He's been left in limbo because he and his representatives are bold enough to ask for £140k a week after hitting single figures last season either side of a 15-20 game run without scoring and spent almost two full years in the physio room before that. He's lucky Everton have offered him a figure not far off being in that ball park. Newcastle have turned their noses up at his demands.

In light of the developments with John Textor this week I did some digging on his other clubs, and he's drifted from "his hearts in the right place" to "he's too erratic to own a football club" for me.

He's put the whole Lyon team up for sale as he needs to raise 100m euros to appease FFP. He's spent over 100m euros on players this summer (about 50m on Forest backup players to help them hit PSR!?!). I know a lot of this will be amortised, but it's an odd approach to take.

He's also facing a six year ban from Brazillian football after making allegations of corruption.

Kieran Maguire recently compared him running Everton to that of Cellino running Leeds United. 

There's a lot of red flags here.

• Subscriber

If he turns out to be a lunatic as well then I don't know if I can be fucked anymore.

It'll be such Everton for us to have two of the worst owners in this history of English football back to back and to go into administration or something the week before the UK government actually passes some legislation to stop British football clubs from being ruined as the play things of moronic billionaires and venture capitalists.

No point getting knickers in a twist until any of this actually happens though. Textor is supposedly looking to raise funds to complete an equity backed takeover whereas most of our other suitors have been looking to fund it through borrowing which just piles yet more debt on the club. Textor also has to find a buyer for his shares in Crystal Palace before he can have anything to do with us.

I remain far from convinced that this latest takeover attempt will even go through.

Emotional and charged fan reacts. It’s a bit of a non-story really, though some will want to peddle their opinions about Everton, their fans, football fans in general or adult men between the ages of 18-45. That’s no defence of the bloke, either, he shouldn’t be shouting at people in public, regardless of their wealth and/or status. 

As for Everton, they’re the Tele Football League’s turd that won’t flush. Think Sunderland for the last 3-4 years of their stay in the division, though throw in an even worse owner than Sunderland had. Unlike Sunderland, it feels as though some real financial turbulence could be afoot if this is the year they’re finally flushed. 

• Subscriber

A real shame this. Everton offered Calvert-Lewin a new contract that would have made him the joint highest paid player at the club alongside Pickford which in my opinion is a very generous offer.

Calvert-Lewin joins a new agency last season to see what else might be out there for him. It turns out Newcastle may have been interested but they didn't value him anywhere near the wages he and his agency have convinced themselves were reasonable to ask for. Arsenal are keeping tabs on him as a potential 3rd choice striker but he isn't even their first choice for that. Chelsea keeping tabs as well but he won't be first choice there either.

The only other links I've seen are Wolves and Brentford (not sure how reliable) who don't offer him the European football he wants and surely wouldn't pay him more than Everton have offered him. Maybe he'd move because he's fed up of living on Merseyside/up North?

Either way, he now looks set to stay at Everton with a damaged relationship with the fans and a choice between signing the contract and committing to the club when everyone knows it isn't his first choice, or waiting until January to see if he can scrape around for something then.

He could have gone to Newcastle and it probably would have been a decent move for him. But it's another case of a greedy agency pricing their client out of a move I think, and now he's left with no options.

I'm not sure what the issue is? Every club accepts offers for players that would rather stay.

Joachim Anderson for example said the way Palace treated him was cold. He's nearly 29 and is about to make a guaranteed six million over the next six years from the never ending pay roll of The Khan Family. We did him a favour.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dave said:

I'm not sure what the issue is? Every club accepts offers for players that would rather stay.

Joachim Anderson for example said the way Palace treated him was cold. He's nearly 29 and is about to make a guaranteed six million over the next six years from the never ending pay roll of The Khan Family. We did him a favour.

Textor has tried to have a fire sale at Lyon by all accounts after they've got themselves into the FFP hot water.

He was the driving force behind Mangala's loan to Everton and trying to get Nuamah to move to us as well.

I think if you're trying to force players out to this extent you have to draw a line as well. Especially at that age. There's a way of moving players on when it's needed to benefit the club.

The whole multi-club ownership model and owners using one club to do another one of their clubs a favour with a player or a loan or a fee to soothe the accounts just doesn't sit well with me overall, even though this one ended up with Fulham instead.

21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Textor has tried to have a fire sale at Lyon by all accounts after they've got themselves into the FFP hot water.

He was the driving force behind Mangala's loan to Everton and trying to get Nuamah to move to us as well.

I think if you're trying to force players out to this extent you have to draw a line as well. Especially at that age. There's a way of moving players on when it's needed to benefit the club.

The whole multi-club ownership model and owners using one club to do another one of their clubs a favour with a player or a loan or a fee to soothe the accounts just doesn't sit well with me overall, even though this one ended up with Fulham instead.

I'm well aware of Lyon's financial troubles and the Mangala debacle, I mentioned it on the last page!

With this though I don't think Textor has done anything wrong. I doubt Dobbin, Kellyman, Anderson, Gallagher etc envisaged they'd be used as pawns to cook books when coming up through the club's academy but needs must. Nuamah only joined Lyon last summer (through some clever accounting with Textor's Belgian side) and given his ceiling likely saw them as a stepping stone, it's really not as deep as people are making it out to be.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dave said:

I'm well aware of Lyon's financial troubles and the Mangala debacle, I mentioned it on the last page!

With this though I don't think Textor has done anything wrong. I doubt Dobbin, Kellyman, Anderson, Gallagher etc envisaged they'd be used as pawns to cook books when coming up through the club's academy but needs must. Nuamah only joined Lyon last summer (through some clever accounting with Textor's Belgian side) and given his ceiling likely saw them as a stepping stone, it's really not as deep as people are making it out to be.

Fair enough, I'm just not getting good vibes overall. I don't think you read many stories about players getting this upset about being forced to leave though! 

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Fair enough, I'm just not getting good vibes overall. I don't think you read many stories about players getting this upset about being forced to leave though! 

I think his time at Lyon is enough of a red flag now for me to think hes not going to be a steady owner any PL football club needs. He's caught the football bug and behaving irrational. 

I had sympathy for him at first when the previous dictator did everything to freeze club funds because he no longer had total control, but his transfer dealings have been bizarre this summer. Sending Forest 57m euros for two backup players, one who has already been loaned to Everton, when you have your own transfer problems is just odd behaviour. Then there's paying 28.5m euros for Nuamah who you're also trying to immediately get rid of. 

Kiran Maguire compared him to Massimo Cellino, which should be alarming to anybody.