• Juventus - Dybala Mandzukic Ronaldo
    • Manchester City - Aguero Sane Sterling
    • Barcelona - Dembele Messi Suarez
    • PSG - Cavani Mbappe Neymar

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/09/2018 at 19:43, Happy Blue said:

The thing with opinions, every cunts got one!  ...which 3 have collectively scored the most goal's last season? that's the best front 3

Not necessarily. It depends on how much service they are getting as well

15 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Barca front 3, especially now Dembele has improved this season. Lol at those of you who thought he would be leaving.

He has improved tremendously and doesn't resemble the Dembélé of last season at all.  He still hasn't even reached half of what he's capable of though!

As for the possibilities of Dembélé having departed Barcelona in the summer transfer window just gone, well it was a very very close run thing and according to a few that really are in the know of what goes on at the Camp Nou, he looked more out than in.  The player didn't think he could cut it at Barça and wanted a fresh start.  There were the rumours of Arsenal being very close to signing him but again according to those that know, it was actually PSG who were the closest and had that move occurred, Neymar would've been given his freedom card to move to Real Madrid as PSG wanted to make a French front-line.

It all changed with first a meeting with the coach Ernesto Valverde where he promised the player that this would be his jump to higher things at Barça while days later with the player more convinced of staying had his mind totally made up when he was invited to join Messi, Piqué, Suárez and Sergi Roberto in Ibiza for a weekend on a yacht.  He was a bit of a loaner last season and would either refrain from going to these meet-ups that the players have once a month or when he did go he wouldn't mix with the guys and stay in one corner so to speak.

It just goes to show mow much of a mental issue sport is even if you do have an abundance of natural talent.  The same as I've been saying in the Alexis Sánchez debate thread.

36 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Your back-up front three is superior to your first font three mate.

That's a fair point actually - its up for debate. Jesus is in no way better than Aguero, but you can make a very strong case for the other 2.

Personally I like Sane better than Bernardo and Sterling better than Mahrez, but it's not mental to say the backup front 3 is better.

32 minutes ago, Blue said:

That's a fair point actually - its up for debate. Jesus is in no way better than Aguero, but you can make a very strong case for the other 2.

Personally I like Sane better than Bernardo and Sterling better than Mahrez, but it's not mental to say the backup front 3 is better.

The only one in @Happy Blue's I would have from his first front three is Sané.

Agüero for me is right now a waste of space and I know that may sound controversial but for me he is stopping the progression that I have a very big inkling Guardiola would love.  The thing is that El Kun keeps producing in the Premier League and that's something that can't just be dismissed even by a hard-head (cabeza dura) like Pep.  But we all know at the top end where things are measured, Agüero has always bottled it!  Always! 

As for Mahrez v Sterling?  Give me Mahrez all the time because he produces something Sterling fails to offer consistently which is an end product.  Mahrez will never score as many as Sterling but the Algerian offers more in terms of a production chamber for his front men than Sterling's very hit and miss end product.

28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I had to edit that last post of mine 4 times in grammar mistakes my iPad made.  Bloody hell... Off comes the predictor! >:(

haha. I use the Samsung Swype feature with similar results. Main issue is the dictionary just has way too many words... miss a normal word by half a millimetre and suddenly I'm using obscure words i haven't spoken out loud in my entire life...! 😬

In terms of raw talent the Barca are the "best" front three. Suarez might be past it, but even a past-it Suarez is a hell of a player. Dembele though still inconsistent, is imo the most talented player in the world besides Messi, and the only one who might come close to him. 

Collectively, Liverpool is the best in my opinion. City are also in with a shout, but you also have to say that City benefit from much more creative midfielders than Liverpool. City's front three is mostly just about running in behind and getting goals/assists, with De Bruyne and Silva obviously the main creators, whereas Liverpool's front three all mix-up their games amazingly from moment to moment.

On 25/09/2018 at 17:54, Panna King said:

Loyola Farfan Carillio  :ph34r:

Loyola's not even a forward mate, but he has attack minded qualities so I guess it still doesn't matter much :D

As much as liverpools front three have excellent cohesion its hard to go past Barcelona.

A front three with Messi and Suarez in it would be best in the world even if Paul Konchesky was the third player. 🤔

Archived