Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Arda Turan Charged Over Fight


Recommended Posts

Turkish prosecutors have charged Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan over an alleged fight with a prominent singer, asking for the footballer to be sentenced to 12-and-a-half years in jail.

Prosecutors charged Turan, who is currently on loan at Istanbul Basaksehir, with sexual harassment, unlicensed possession of weapons and causing intentional injury over an alleged fight with singer Berkay Sahin, the state-run Anadolu news agency said.

Sahin, who goes on stage by his first name Berkay, was also charged, with prosecutors demanding up to two years in jail.

Turan, 31, had last week been summoned to an Istanbul police station to give a statement about the incident, which took place outside an Istanbul nightclub and reportedly left Sahin with a broken nose.

The attacking midfielder, who won 100 caps for the national side, joined Basaksehir last season on loan from Barcelona, where he had largely endured an unhappy spell on the bench after joining from Atletico Madrid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Signed for Barcelona at the wrong time, when they were under an embargo which meant that he wasn't the player they signed when it come to his debut. 

A shame.

Ah I forgot that he didn't really get any game time and had to just train and not play for them. Shame really he was very good at Atletico from what I remember eventhough he had a short fuse back then too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Ah I forgot that he didn't really get any game time and had to just train and not play for them. Shame really he was very good at Atletico from what I remember eventhough he had a short fuse back then too.

Turks,  Iranians and Arabs are all short fused with latter two being racist as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

What in the world happened with this guy? He was so good as a midfielder and now all this. 

I don't usually enjoy watching a player's career plummet, but I enjoyed watching Turans'. Mercenary and deserves every bit of demise he gets in his football career. 

Nothing he accomplished at Barca even comes close to what Atletico triumphed in 2013. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I don't usually enjoy watching a player's career plummet, but I enjoyed watching Turans'. Mercenary and deserves every bit of demise he gets in his football career. 

Nothing he accomplished at Barca even comes close to what Atletico triumphed in 2013. 

In hindsight had he stayed at Atletico you'd imagine he would have enjoyed far more success than benching it at Barca. That midfield was extremely good and he was like a dog off a leash chasing people down and his work ethic couldn't be questioned (probably why Simeone liked him so much too).

Edited by Mel81x
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

In hindsight had he stayed at Atletico you'd imagine he would have enjoyed far more success than benching it at Barca. That midfield was extremely good and he was like a dog off a leash chasing people down and his work ethic couldn't be questioned (probably why Simeone liked him so much too).

Atletico in 2014 was arguably the best well drilled team we've faced in European competition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

In hindsight had he stayed at Atletico you'd imagine he would have enjoyed far more success than benching it at Barca. That midfield was extremely good and he was like a dog off a leash chasing people down and his work ethic couldn't be questioned (probably why Simeone liked him so much too).

Apparently he hated doing that so that is why he left!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Apparently he hated doing that so that is why he left!

He indeed went public with a comment like that when he transferred from Atleti to Barça... Arda was punished for that stem end and was the reason he didn't feature for almost three months.

He thought at Barcelona it was Disneyland and that there was no work ethic behind the manner in which they play.  A massive error because there is work to be done, a lot of work as much as at any other club only that it is done in a different manner.

He only has himself to blame for what has occurred with his career and he knows this.  He was unfortunate toward the end of his Barcelona career because he started to work and provide with whT he was signed for but then had a series of injuries and the club moved on because there wasn't enough to bite on so as to have the required faith in his time at the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/10/2018 at 12:24, Cannabis said:

Signed for Barcelona at the wrong time, when they were under an embargo which meant that he wasn't the player they signed when it come to his debut. 

A shame.

It was only 6 months? You make it sound like it was years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I hope I'm not the only one to see the irony in this post 😂

Pakistanis in general have an inferiority complex for obvious reasons so us being racist is unlikely as for short fused Pathans are hot headed but again they are Iranic people racially. As for the Terrorist part i have no answer.   

Edited by Azeem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...