• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2018/19 - Third Round Match Chat - 4-8th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That's twice there's been wind at a football match that affected 11 of the players on the pitch but not the other 11. Someone should probably call a scientist or something, this could be big news.

Except he said it affected everybody on the pitch and both teams lost a lot of balls. 

Why do people get so hung up on what was just a tiny part of his answer to a question?xD  Absolute bores

Is he wrong in saying it didn't help? Has he said that was the reason we lost? No to both.

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Except he said it affected everybody on the pitch and both teams lost a lot of balls. 

Why do people get so hung up on what was just a tiny part his answer to a question?xD 

Is he wrong in saying it didn't help? Has he said that was the reason we lost? No to both.

This again? Gotten very precious under the attention of this title race you lot. My post was very clearly just me being a cunt. Why don't you quote Marc or Cicero who actually could have been interpreted as not entirely taking the piss, even though I'm absolutely certain that they were? I mean I'm sure it's not because I have an Everton badge next to my name and you like to make out we're obsessed with you :D.

Klopp got some stick a while ago for seeming to blame the wind for a Liverpool defeat, I don't remember the quote on that occasion or how much it got twisted to make it somewhat memorable but the fact he mentions it again is mildly commentworthy as a joke. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that he's actually "blaming the wind" for the loss.

This is one of those things where if Klopp gets called out on it people are 'obsessed' or 'hung up on it', yet imagine another manager, say Mourinho when he was United manager, made a comment like that, he'd be subject to three pages of ridicule before the interview was even finished, no doubt with you guys at the heart of it (which isn't a criticism).

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This again? Gotten very precious under the attention of this title race you lot. My post was very clearly just me being a cunt. Why don't you quote Marc or Cicero who actually could have been interpreted as not entirely taking the piss, even though I'm absolutely certain that they were? I mean I'm sure it's not because I have an Everton badge next to my name and you like to make out we're obsessed with you :D.

Klopp got some stick a while ago for seeming to blame the wind for a Liverpool defeat, I don't remember the quote on that occasion or how much it got twisted to make it somewhat memorable but the fact he mentions it again is mildly commentworthy as a joke. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that he's actually "blaming the wind" for the loss.

This is one of those things where if Klopp gets called out on it people are 'obsessed' or 'hung up on it', yet imagine another manager, say Mourinho when he was United manager, made a comment like that, he'd be subject to three pages of ridicule before the interview was even finished, no doubt with you guys at the heart of it (which isn't a criticism).

I quoted Marc. Didn't see Cicero's post. I've not mentioned anything about being obsessed.

• Administrator

Replays:

Tuesday 15th January
Blackburn vs Newcastle, 19.45 (BT Sport)
Luton vs Sheff Weds, 19.45
Stoke vs Shrewsbury, 20.00

Wednesday 16th January
Southampton vs Derby, 19.45 (BBC One)

• Administrator

0-2! Cal Roberts scores from close range after good work down the wing from Murphy. Murphy's shot blocked but gets round the defender second time round and crosses it for Roberts.

• Administrator

Isaac Hayden hits the post with a header from a corner.

Chris Sutton always seems apoplectic about everything! As if he's annoyed about anything and everything that happens on the field. Makes it so difficult to listen to his commentating. He just had a go at Bennett who was on the post for that header, exclaiming 'What was the guy on the post doing?!' without realising that if Bennett did block it, it most likely would have been with his hand or arm xD. Proper melt.

18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Righto... trying to blame me for years of Cup failure that even you admit is not a priority for you.. xD

See you in Court... :ph34r:

It's a priority for me. It's not for Rafa. He's tried hard to get us knocked out whilst remaining professional. Unfortunately for him his attempts led to his personal nightmare, a replay. Now maybe another nightmare of his extra time.

3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not sure how many would play against us but hoping the replay knackers a few of Newcastle's players for our game.

2 of the starters definitely, max 4.

Just looking at that Newcastle team tells you all you need to know.

Makes you wonder though how clubs coped in the past when they pretty much sent their full teams out for cup games bar maybe a couple changes.

Sad really that the modern day footballer is underworked and overpaid whilst ex footballers who played pretty much most the games in a season struggle financially.

Never right...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived