talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I only saw highlights.

I’m not surprised he’s not the player he used to be. Because look at his career lol. But at United when he does get on the pitch he looks like he’s never ever going to score, with Chile he’s scoring.

Maybe he needs to leave Europe or at least the big leagues, so he’ll at least score again

He is looking better for Chile I will give you that, but he's not been a star player this Copa.

In the Copa America Centenario, he was unreal. Carried Chile to that Copa win. When I compare that Sanchez to the one here, there is a huge gap in class.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

He is looking better for Chile I will give you that, but he's not been a star player this Copa.

In the Copa America Centenario, he was unreal. Carried Chile to that Copa win. When I compare that Sanchez to the one here, there is a huge gap in class.

There’s also a noticeable gap in what his waist size used to be and what it is now xD it’s funny how he looks so much fatter than a few years ago.

But if were making half a million every week & my job was to turn up to training - I’d probably eat like a king too and be able to run a lot of the weight off, but not all of it. Probably what’s happened with him too

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Brazil look mediocre... How about the argument that everyone else is below that par?

I don't necessarily agree with either argument. Brazil looked mediocre until yesterday where Everton Cebolinha started and dominated the game, just as he did in his sub appearances. However, 1 good game is not enough to convince me. I still think they will win the Copa but I don't think it will be in the most convincing of manners.

Peru on the other hand, lost the game on their own. 2 errors for the first 2 goals was enough to put us in panic mode and just look incompetent for the rest of the game, opening the gate for Brazil. We were actually looking OK in the first 15. After Firmino's goal, things just went out the window for us. 

Colombia and Uruguay are both looking really good I'd like to think.

To add to that, I think if we miraculously go through as best third, Gareca will make changes and we will look a lot better from there. That result was needed because the ego of our players was beginning to become inflated.

I hope Gareca makes some changes assuming we go through. Otherwise it might be time for a new manager. As much as I love Gareca and think he is a legend here, some things begin to get stale and our players aren't THAT young either, so after this if he stays I do hope he looks at some of the younger guys. What Colombia did, what Chile didn't do.

16 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Peru on the other hand, lost the game on their own.

After disagreeing with me on my argument that Brazil are mediocre and that everyone else is below their par... Explain what I've quoted mate?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

After disagreeing with me on my argument that Brazil are mediocre and that everyone else is below their par... Explain what I've quoted mate?

I said I didn't necessarily agree. 

Even if we were at our best, we still probably would have lost yesterday. 1-0 loss perhaps. Brazil at home is a different beast. The only reason they lost to Germany is because they are Germany, a team capable of matching Brazil in their own home.

25 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I said I didn't necessarily agree. 

Even if we were at our best, we still probably would have lost yesterday. 1-0 loss perhaps. Brazil at home is a different beast. The only reason they lost to Germany is because they are Germany, a team capable of matching Brazil in their own home.

So then you didn't lose on your own.

Just now, SirBalon said:

So then you didn't lose on your own.

We did and we didn't.

First 2 goals were silly mistakes that eventually demoralized the whole team and opened the gates for Brazil.

From there, Brazil were excellent.

4 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

We did and we didn't.

First 2 goals were silly mistakes that eventually demoralized the whole team and opened the gates for Brazil.

From there, Brazil were excellent.

I'm confused. Ok mate.

Still... It's been a great tournament all the same and beats what the Euros have become by a long margin.

Just now, SirBalon said:

I'm confused. Ok mate.

Still... It's been a great tournament all the same and beats what the Euros have become by a long margin.

I am talking about the flow of the game. We likely would have lost regardless but we were doing OK until we made 2 mistakes and conceded 2 goals. After that we were awful and Brazil were really good. However, it was just 1 game and I want to see them in the knockouts before saying they have been good.

It looks like a Brazil vs Colombia in the final if the bracket is set up that way.

Carlos Quieroz is probably one of the greatest international football coaches right now if he takes Colombia to WC 2022 he will have set the record for taking the most individual nations to the World Cup.

3 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

It looks like a Brazil vs Colombia in the final if the bracket is set up that way.

Carlos Quieroz is probably one of the greatest international football coaches right now if he takes Colombia to WC 2022 he will have set the record for taking the most individual nations to the World Cup.

He's got them playing like a machine too. Colombia were pretty rough in Pekerman's final years, and now they look like what they were in his early reign (2012-2014). 

I still think Brazil will win the whole tournament just because of their home record, but I agree it should be a Brazil vs Colombia final.

Uruguay's defending is almost immaculate and their unit seems to capture exactly what's required against the opposition of the day in mere minutes. Defensively they remind me so much of Simeone's Atleti when they're on song because they're comfortable defending and inviting the opposition to attack them and then take advantage of gaps in the opposition's midfield and defence. This without going into the fact they're the best in the tournament at set-pieces and have players up front that can kill you in a second. Their weakness is if the opponent capitalises on Uruguay's blatant periodical speculation and makes the "Churruas" chase the game and start to feel desperate... We haven't really seen that as of yet.

Uruguay are going to take some beating! 

• The title was changed to Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL v PERÚ
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived