talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Uruguay's defending is almost immaculate and their unit seems to capture exactly what's required against the opposition of the day in mere minutes. Defensively they remind me so much of Simeone's Atleti when they're on song because they're comfortable defending and inviting the opposition to attack them and then take advantage of gaps in the opposition's midfield and defence. This without going into the fact they're the best in the tournament at set-pieces and have players up front that can kill you in a second. Their weakness is if the opponent capitalises on Uruguay's blatant periodical speculation and makes the "Churruas" chase the game and start to feel desperate... We haven't really seen that as of yet.

Uruguay are going to take some beating! 

I'm not sure if we will beat them, but they struggle against fast sides that pass the ball around a lot. Japan proves that point for me, who managed a draw.

Unfortunately Peru have not been playing the same football as the World Cup. We've not been horrible but definitely a lot more direct. If we play like we did in the World Cup, we have a chance. I am more worried about Cavani than Suarez though.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Brazil got the toughest possible match they could get. Paraguay has been a real thorn for Brazil since the turn of the century. Just look at the head to head. Paraguay has won 6 times since 2000 (I'm counting penalty wins too)

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

How the hell did Argentina avoid Chile/Uruguay/and Brasil 

Argentina are on the same side of the bracket as Brasil. I'm not sure they'll beat Venezuela anyways. We'll see what happens but it's a lot more even than it would normally be.

58 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Also, Brazil got the toughest possible match they could get. Paraguay has been a real thorn for Brazil since the turn of the century. Just look at the head to head. Paraguay has won 6 times since 2000 (I'm counting penalty wins too)

How many victories does Paraguay have in Brazil during that period?

Just now, SirBalon said:

How many victories does Paraguay have in Brazil during that period?

I think just 1, but it was a friendly. In competitive games, Brazil has only lost 4 times ever (as I keep mentioning)

I still think Brazil will win, because as I said before Brazil at home is a different beast. However, if Paraguay can manage a draw which is possible, then another penalty loss for Brazil isn't out of the question.

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I think just 1, but it was a friendly. In competitive games, Brazil has only lost 4 times ever (as I keep mentioning)

I still think Brazil will win, because as I said before Brazil at home is a different beast. However, if Paraguay can manage a draw which is possible, then another penalty loss for Brazil isn't out of the question.

Brazil are obviously the favourites but this is football mate.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Brazil are obviously the favourites but this is football mate.

I said before the tournament that the only 3 teams I could see potentially knocking out Brazil are Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay and all 3 because of history. I don't believe anyone else has a chance.

4 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I said before the tournament that the only 3 teams I could see potentially knocking out Brazil are Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay and all 3 because of history. I don't believe anyone else has a chance.

I can’t see Argentina being able to muster the performance required for that mate. There is a total block there amongst other issues as Menotti says.

Has anyone seen the video where Dani Alves tries to cheer up Pedro Gallese after his mistake? I will link it later as I’m on mobile but its an incredible bit of footage. There were also about 5 Peruvian players who went up to him and told him to keep going. What a united group of players we have.

37 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Bosnia scoring an own goal so Argentina could advance from the group stage

Followed by 

One great goal by Messi after 80 minutes of shit performance against Iran

3-2 win vs Nigeria after they got tired

Extra time goal vs Switzerland after they got bored

One early goal vs Belgium when they were not interested at all

winning on penalties in one of the most boring matches of an exciting tournament 

40 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Bosnia scoring an own goal so Argentina could advance from the group stage

If we're gonna go down that route in cup football then we have to change maybe 50% of the winners mate.

The curious thing is that anything positive that Argentina has achieved has to be down to chance, luck or an error of judgment but Argentina's failures are down to 1 element of 22.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If we're gonna go down that route in cup football then we have to change maybe 50% of the winners mate.

The curious thing is that anything positive that Argentina has achieved has to be down to chance, luck or an error of judgment but Argentina's failures are down to 1 element of 22.

Jesus i was just joking mate xD

12 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Anyone but Brazil, Uruguay and Chile winning it would be a success.

Chile has not been that good mate xD

I would change them to Colombia.

10 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Chile has not been that good mate xD

I would change them to Colombia.

Reason I mentioned them mate is because they won the last 2, so it would be boring if they won another, which I doubt anyway as other sides look alot better than them this year.

I'm all for Colombia winning it as I find them to be very likeable. They have a great chance as well as they have been one of the better sides in the tournament.

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

Reason I mentioned them mate is because they won the last 2, so it would be boring if they won another, which I doubt anyway as other sides look alot better than them this year.

I'm all for Colombia winning it as I find them to be very likeable. They have a great chance as well as they have been one of the better sides in the tournament this year.

I disagree still, many Chileans are very surprised at how they've been performing. They've been better than they expected. They also want to overtake their rivals Peru in Copa America wins. We both have 2, and for decades we've been mocking them for having no trophies. 

I would personally be very surprised if they beat Colombia.

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I disagree still, many Chileans are very surprised at how they've been performing. They've been better than they expected. They also want to overtake their rivals Peru in Copa America wins. We both have 2, and for decades we've been mocking them for having no trophies. 

I would personally be very surprised if they beat Colombia.

Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia and Uruguay will all be in the semis. I can't see it any other way.

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia and Uruguay will all be in the semis. I can't see it any other way.

I'm not entirely sure if Argentina will beat Venezuela, but I think they increase their chances significantly if they play the lineup they did vs Qatar. It was also working in the Paraguay game before Di Maria was subbed on for Lautaro.

In other news, Carrillo will apparently be back for the Uruguay game. I give us a chance to win if we play our on-the-ground short passing lineup (with Flores and Carrillo). Will still be tough though.

17 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Has anyone seen the video where Dani Alves tries to cheer up Pedro Gallese after his mistake? I will link it later as I’m on mobile but its an incredible bit of footage. There were also about 5 Peruvian players who went up to him and told him to keep going. What a united group of players we have.

Here is the video. Don Dani Alves!

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

I'm not entirely sure if Argentina will beat Venezuela, but I think they increase their chances significantly if they play the lineup they did vs Qatar. It was also working in the Paraguay game before Di Maria was subbed on for Lautaro.

In other news, Carrillo will apparently be back for the Uruguay game. I give us a chance to win if we play our on-the-ground short passing lineup (with Flores and Carrillo). Will still be tough though.

I don't get how Di Maria still manages to find his way into their line-ups as he's always been the weak link for them and the most wasteful and greedy player.

One thing I don't get is how the understanding between Messi and Aguero has pretty much non-existent, even though the 2 of them are close mates and always travel with the national team together. The best combination seen for Argentina over recent years was during the qualifiers for the 2014 World Cup where Messi and Higuain connected like a dream.

• The title was changed to Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL v PERÚ
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived