The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL 3-1 PERÚ

football forum

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, José said:

Bolivia 1-0 Peru (Moreno 28' P)

Hmmm where have you gone for Guerrero’s beauty of a goal?

I don't know how anyone can say Guerrero is not a top forward. He carries this team on its back at times. We were awful but that first half goal he scored is what helped us turn the game around I reckon.

Farfan today became Peru's second all time top scorer. Both of them have been playing together since the 1990's when they were part of Alianza Lima's youth setup.

That last goal though was so important. Now we are at a +2 goal difference and losing to Brazil only 1-0 should cut it. Try to keep the score down. If we can get anything from that, even better but I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

What a result from Venezuela, drawing Brazil 0-0. 

These are South Korea of 2002. They've conceded 4 or 5 goals this tournament and all of them have been ruled out. Unreal luck.

Brazil looks awful. Since the defeat to Belgium, Tite looks totally lost. It´s like we´ve regressed to where we were in 2016 and Peru could again eliminate us from Copa America. At this point, I want Brazil out. We need a different coach. 

The only positive is Everton Cebolinha, who´s showing he can play for Brazil. Good stuff. He will probably start against Peru. 

9 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Brazil looks awful. Since the defeat to Belgium, Tite looks totally lost. It´s like we´ve regressed to where we were in 2016 and Peru could again eliminate us from Copa America. At this point, I want Brazil out. We need a different coach. 

The only positive is Everton Cebolinha, who´s showing he can play for Brazil. Good stuff. He will probably start against Peru. 

We are one of your 4 competitive home losses in history, with a 3-1 win in Minas Gerais in 1975. That was with our team full of legends though. I don't see anyway we will be your 5th loss. You'll be fine. Brazil will beat us 3-0.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, El Profesor said:

What was the verdict on Richarlison in the last two games? Saw he was off at half time last night...

51 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What was the verdict on Richarlison in the last two games? Saw he was off at half time last night...

He’s not looked too good. 

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

He was better in the first match when he was our most dangerous player. Yesterday, he didn't look as good, but the whole team is a mess. 

Richarlison is really liked and rated by the average brazilian fan.

Scaloni isn’t up to it. His subs are very uninspiring. Two games in a row his substitutions killed Argentina’s momentum. 

That’s Argentina out. No way Colombia fields a strong XI against Paraguay. 

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Scaloni isn’t up to it. His subs are very uninspiring. Two games in a row his substitutions killed Argentina’s momentum. 

That’s Argentina out. No way Colombia fields a strong XI against Paraguay. 

Ridiculously they'll probably still go through if they beat Qatar, as they'll have more points than Japan regardless of their result. Don't like this system where the best 3rd place team goes through and think Argentina will be battered by Uruguay or Chile.

They had it in the Euros too, even though we have plenty of teams in it. It meant a dire tournament with teams knowing they could lose 1-0 twice and still go through. It mean dogs like Republic of Ireland got through and even Portugal the champions shouldn't really have been there. This rewarding of mediocrity is destroying football.

21 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Colombia are guaranteed to finish top of their group. If they lose their remaining game then Argentina are out. They know what they have to do...

Have I misunderstood something, if Argentina win and Paraguay win they then they finish 3rd in the group and will qualify because Ecuador and Japan can only get 3 points, Argentina would have 4?

EDIT: Depends on what happens tonight actually.

11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Have I misunderstood something, if Argentina win and Paraguay win they then they finish 3rd in the group and will qualify because Ecuador and Japan can only get 3 points, Argentina would have 4?

EDIT: Depends on what happens tonight actually.

Forgot about the 2 best 3rd placed teams going through. In that case Argentina will probably be okay.

Argentina's performances are a testament to how much poor coaching can drag a team down. Look at that squad, its dream-like. Armani, Aguero, Dyabala, Otamendi, Zaba, Messi, but somehow not an ounce of chemistry in that team.

• The title was changed to Copa América 2019 - Final - BRAZIL v PERÚ
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived