talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

8 hours ago, Spike said:

I was really confused because I thought you were talking about a Japanese movie named Perfect Days

That's definitely on my list as well! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2024 at 09:14, OrangeKhrush said:

Air,  the story of Nike and Michael Jordan,  very good movie with a very polished cast of actors and actresses. 

Yeah good film. Didn't know he was the first athlete in history to receive royalties off of his branded products. 

His mother always knew he'd ascend to greatness. 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Yeah good film. Didn't know he was the first athlete in history to receive royalties off of his branded products. 

His mother always knew he'd ascend to greatness. 

NBA drafts have the highest success rates, that said that draft class was elite level players and then there was Melvin "dinner bell"Turpin.

I think the acting class was elite,  it is the perfect role for Matt Damon

Edited by OrangeKhrush

Operation Fortune, it was good not memorable, the tried formula of oceans 11 on rinse and repeat but nevertheless it wasn't cringy, it probably is a watch once movie but it's a lot better than the Meg and Meg 2 tripe Statham has got himself into .

I have also been binging on Harry Potter, went from the Prisoner of Askaban, order of Pheonix, goblet of fire, half blood prince and now need to make my way to the deathly hallows.

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Operation Fortune, it was good not memorable, the tried formula of oceans 11 on rinse and repeat but nevertheless it wasn't cringy, it probably is a watch once movie but it's a lot better than the Meg and Meg 2 tripe Statham has got himself into .

I have also been binging on Harry Potter, went from the Prisoner of Askaban, order of Pheonix, goblet of fire, half blood prince and now need to make my way to the deathly hallows.

Statham seems to churn out shite constantly. I went to see the Beekeeper a few weeks back. It was absolutely pathetic.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Devil said:

Statham seems to churn out shite constantly. I went to see the Beekeeper a few weeks back. It was absolutely pathetic.

I enjoyed The Beekeeper! :D Completely over the top, unbelievable, formulaic, but also entertaining and fun enough... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devil said:

I will agree there,  his movie resume is full of movies that haven't really hit the spot,  he is a bit of a one trick pony but even when you are you need to choose your projects better.  He is way to hit or miss. 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

I enjoyed The Beekeeper! :D Completely over the top, unbelievable, formulaic, but also entertaining and fun enough... 

Didn't enjoy it Nudge, I get you should take these movies how they come but I kind of lost sight of whether he was good or bad in the end as he was just killing everyone.

When he walked up to the special forces outside the tower block and just joined in their conversation on how to get in the building I'd had enough. It was beyond ridiculous.

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I will agree there,  his movie resume is full of movies that haven't really hit the spot,  he is a bit of a one trick pony but even when you are you need to choose your projects better.  He is way to hit or miss. 

His early stuff with Guy Ritchie was excellent, he played the cockney wide boy so well.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Devil said:

Didn't enjoy it Nudge, I get you should take these movies how they come but I kind of lost sight of whether he was good or bad in the end as he was just killing everyone.

When he walked up to the special forces outside the tower block and just joined in their conversation on how to get in the building I'd had enough. It was beyond ridiculous.

For me it was the case of a movie being completely silly, but also knowing EXACTLY that it's silly, and not taking itself seriously at any point xD a proper fun action B movie, kind of reminded me of all the silly action B movies from the 80s & 90s. I think it's my "guilty" pleasure, only I don't feel guilty about it lol.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Faithfully Yours (2022) - Thriller - Bracha van Doesburgh, Nasrdin Dchar, Gijs Naber - 7.5/10.

Best friends Bodil and Isabel, apparently happily married, sneak off for secret affairs using each other as an alibi. But when Isabel is killed when they were supposed to have been together. Bodil gets caught up in her own web of lies.

• Subscriber

I too saw The Beekeeper and completely agree with nudge. The perfect Bee movie. It was full of puns and corny lines and over the top action. What more can you want or expect from this going in!?! Even the sales team in the beginning ripping off his neighbour was just so diabolical putting her on hold laughing as he drains her account, man it was just so good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I too saw The Beekeeper and completely agree with nudge. The perfect Bee movie. It was full of puns and corny lines and over the top action. What more can you want or expect from this going in!?! Even the sales team in the beginning ripping off his neighbour was just so diabolical putting her on hold laughing as he drains her account, man it was just so good. 

Fuck yes! I generally think people have way too high expectations when it comes to movies.

Either way, now you have to watch Dune :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fuck yes! I generally think people have way too high expectations when it comes to movies.

Either way, now you have to watch Dune :ph34r:

Absolutely! Not all movies are made to be academy award winners or blockbusters. Im here for it.

It actually releases today in theatres... dont worry its at the top of my list to see here in short order. I wanted to rewatch the first but I just dont know how it will hold up outside of theatres so I never ended up doing that. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Absolutely! Not all movies are made to be academy award winners or blockbusters. Im here for it.

It actually releases today in theatres... dont worry its at the top of my list to see here in short order. I wanted to rewatch the first but I just dont know how it will hold up outside of theatres so I never ended up doing that. 

I didn't rewatch the first part, and I absolutely loved the first one! it's a masterpiece...

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, nudge said:

I didn't rewatch the first part, and I absolutely loved the first one! it's a masterpiece...

Thats what I remember! It feels like it was forvever ago now but in theatre's it was an awesome experience. Cant wait.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Thats what I remember! It feels like it was forvever ago now but in theatre's it was an awesome experience. Cant wait.

Oops I meant I loved the second one and it's a masterpiece, lol. 

• Like 1