talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The banshees of Inisherin 8.5/10

great film, it’s an Allegory for the Irish civil war and it’s a brilliant one. 

That movie is next on my list. I absolutely loved loved loved "In Bruges", so the director - actor constellation is a must watch for me, plus the trailer looked fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Mummies  6/10

As kids films go it was okay, the key thing was it was watchable whilst my daughter enjoyed it. Nothing worse than sitting for nearly 2 hours in kids film nightmare.

Trolls springs to mind!

• Subscriber

Glass Onion: A Knives out something or rather - 6/10 Definitely not as good as the first. Has its moments and some of the over the top jokes and Edward Norton in general are pretty good and enjoyable but overall fairly forgettable. 

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

I really want to watch Super Mario, everything about it looks perfect but the fact that Mario doesn't speak with an Italian accent is unforgivable and I can't look past it.

His voice sounded pretty "it's a me! Mario!" to me.

2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I really want to watch Super Mario, everything about it looks perfect but the fact that Mario doesn't speak with an Italian accent is unforgivable and I can't look past it.

He sounded like Mario does.

Trust me it delivers on every level.

• Subscriber

John Wick 4 - 10/10 - I will watch everything they ever make involving this character or world. I cant wait for the spinoff's to hit the screen. The world building is something else. As for the movie itself they keep finding ways to make the action over the top and interesting. The locations and cinematography is top notch and they keep outdoing themselves in every installment on that front. The new characters introduced and bad guys where all awesome, I love me some Donnie Yen. Cant say too much about the story without spoilers but I will note a little more detail below for those that have seen it.

Ballerina is set to come out in the near future as a movie and The Continental as a series, supposedly Keanu is listed in Ballerina as a credit and timeline it takes place between the second and third installment if memory serves. I guess seeing how those go might pave the direction they take the franchise forward.

I think they left the door wide open for Keanu's return. Its ambiguous how it ends and its absolutely on purpose. It was absolutely poetic in how the final scene goes down, from the duel itself to the backdrop in the sunrise. The fact that it was Cane and the fact that he shot him in seemingly somewhat harmless places points to the fact that John survives. I have to thank rewatching the franchise before going in but in the beginning of the second movie the doctor gets John to shoot him twice and the two spots are seemingly exactly the spots he gets tagged in the duel with Cane. It would seem to make sense given their relationship and how Cane helped John get up the stairs near the end that they would have came up with the idea to take out the Marquis doucher, win win. If this being the case the funeral is for John the assassin as hes finally done, finally out. A funeral for the assassin that was John Wick. So this is why I think they could leave the character alone, he ran his course and then some and without things getting stale or repetitive imo. It could be a good option to move on from the character. That being said I know this one exploded the box offices so I guess we'll see what they do.

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Everything Everywhere All at Once - 7.5/10 Batshit crazy. Absolutely something worth watching, a completely unique way of taking on a pretty interesting topic. These guys got some good drugs.

I felt like I was on drugs watching it... xD

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Everything Everywhere All at Once - 7.5/10 Batshit crazy. Absolutely something worth watching, a completely unique way of taking on a pretty interesting topic. These guys got some good drugs.

I both loved and hated it. Batshit crazy sums it up really well xD

But I must say it is refreshing to see something so unique.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, nudge said:

I both loved and hated it. Batshit crazy sums it up really well xD

But I must say it is refreshing to see something so unique.

The hotdog fingers is just a giant wtf from me xD The rock universe was ridiculous but also kinda funny..  Im glad movies like this are being made I guess is my main takeaway and the success it received should only help to keep them around. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Memory (2022) - Liam Neeson - Action/Thriller  7.5/10

Not bad seen better by Neeson, though.

Spoiler

When Alex, an expert assassin, refuses to complete a job for a dangerous criminal organization, he becomes a target. FBI agents and Mexican intelligence are brought in to investigate the trail of bodies, leading them closer to Alex.

• Subscriber

Fast X - 5/10 - Im a glutton for punishment I guess. Ive seen them all so I figured for some mindless entertainment lets keep er going. Outside of Jason Momoa who was pretty great, the movie falls pretty flat. With some good lines and the ever growing long list of A listers involved there wasnt much else to sink your teeth into. Dont worry though it sets up at least 1 or 2 more movies built off where they went O.o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...