football forum

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Final round of 2nd round fixtures on 3-7-11 and 15 June. 

Most interesting group are C with Iran, Bahrain, Iraq all either can finish top or crash out. All SE Asian groups is interesting but i expect Vietnam to win it. 

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

Some important results

Thailand 2-2 Indonesia 

UAE 4-0 Malaysia 

UAE, Thailand and Malaysia tied at 9 points. UAE has a game in hand

Australia 3-0 Kuwait

Suenchittawong played for Thailand and impressed. He's quite highly-rated in our U23 team. Glad he's played internationally and performing well.

Skocic's a better manager than Wilmots for Iran... but I do think that lineup is pretty diabolical. Hajsafi hasn't looked good for Iran in a very long time, no idea how he keeps starting. Nourallahi as a lone DM always looks bad and Ezatolahi, probably the best midfielder in the side, is on the bench.

They're looking pretty shit out there against Bahrain tbh

Taremi makes it 3-0! I think that's probably the 3 points in the bag. Massive result, I think that'll knock Bahrain down to 3rd place from first!

Still need to get a result from Cambodia (which I think is likely because they won 14-0 last time they played xD) and Iraq (which will be a much tougher match).

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Doesn't Qatar automatically qualify? Why are they in a qualification group?

@nudge @McAzeem @Stan - tagging you 3 because you're the 3 people I'd think would maybe know the answer to this 

They've qualified but this is being used as part of Asian Cup qualification:

The qualification process involves four rounds, where the first two rounds double as the qualification for the 2023 AFC Asian Cup. Despite qualifying as hosts, Qatar are participating in these two rounds to seek Asian Cup qualification. They would have acted as qualifiers for the cancelled 2020 AFC Solidarity Cup.[2]

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

They've qualified but this is being used as part of Asian Cup qualification:

Cheers!

By the way @Danny - you'll be happy to hear that Brentford's own Ghoddos being substituted on at half time turned the game around for Iran. I hope he starts in the next two matches.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Cheers!

By the way @Danny - you'll be happy to hear that Brentford's own Ghoddos being substituted on at half time turned the game around for Iran. I hope he starts in the next two matches.

What streams are you using to watch these matches? I can't find any reliable ones.

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

What streams are you using to watch these matches? I can't find any reliable ones.

I've only watched the Iran games, but you can watch those at: www.persianleague.com - under the live TV section. The broadcasts are all in Farsi because they're taken from IRIB 3 (the sports channel on their national tv) - they're currently showing Germany v. Latvia.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've only watched the Iran games, but you can watch those at: www.persianleague.com - under the live TV section. The broadcasts are all in Farsi because they're taken from IRIB 3 (the sports channel on their national tv)

I'd love to watch it though, even if it's in Farsi. I'm currently reading a book on the Iranian Revolution :91_thumbsup:

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yesss... join me and become an Iran fan

If only I cared about learning Farsi. Arabic? Absolutely...Farsi, ehh...not too much.

Iran does some from incredible chess players though :91_thumbsup:

Just now, Eco said:

If only I cared about learning Farsi. Arabic? Absolutely...Farsi, ehh...not too much.

Iran does some from incredible chess players though :91_thumbsup:

We've got Arabs in Iran too xD - join us!

Also I think you replied before my edit went through. What's the book you're reading?

Archived