talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Highly Recommended Products

football forums

Sandtex Masonry Paint...

Just sitting out the back and it's raining and I got to thinking about how good a job the exterior paint does on the house since I did it about 3 years ago now... Still looks as good as new!! I went with Sandtex Masonry Paint simply because it was on a deal at the time but the house had badly flaking paint on the corners where the wind and rain lashes away at it constantly and when you apply it it's like painting on a very thin layer of rubber but I have to say it's an outstanding product, Due to the flaking there were one or two parts of the house that were showing signs of damp getting in but since I put that on it's just disappeared and not come back.. Might be a bit expensive depending where you get it from but well worth it for me.. Obviously most of my recommendations are probably going to be DIY related but feel free to throw in any product that you feel has either served you well or been well worth the money... B|

Image result for sandtex masonry paint

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Samsonite bags. Haven't ever had anything as durable (and comfortable). Bought one over 10 years ago and pretty much used it every day in all weather conditions and it didn't even have any wear at all...

• The title was changed to Highly Recommended Products
  • Administrator

Sennheiser in-ear earphones. 

Had gone through other products - Phillips & Sony mainly - relatively quickly because they weren't that reliable, durable and ended up breaking, either at the jack or the actual earphone malfunctioning.

I've had Sennheiser CX1.00 noise cancelling in-ear earphones for a good couple of years now and just love them. Really good sound quality across different types of music. Great bass quality as well. 

61YlirWFkWL._SL1500_.jpg

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Samsonite bags. Haven't ever had anything as durable (and comfortable). Bought one over 10 years ago and pretty much used it every day in all weather conditions and it didn't even have any wear at all...

I notice you didn't put up a picture??? If I end up going out and buying the wrong ones for any future holiday I will hold you personally accountable... B|

Related image

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Stan said:

Had gone through other products - Phillips & Sony mainly - relatively quickly because they weren't that reliable, durable and ended up breaking, either at the jack or the actual earphone malfunctioning.

I've had Sennheiser CX1.00 noise cancelling in-ear earphones for a good couple of years now and just love them. Really good sound quality across different types of music. Great bass quality as well. 

That's a great shout because its a price vs quality combination that is absolutely durable and great return on investment. I can't really own in-ears anymore just because they make my ears hurt when I wear them. The nice thing about them is the more you wear them in the better they sound.

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

That's a great shout because its a price vs quality combination that is absolutely durable and great return on investment. I can't really own in-ears anymore just because they make my ears hurt when I wear them. The nice thing about them is the more you wear them in the better they sound.

Definitely. Comfortability is another important factor and it helps that there's different size ear-buds that it comes with. Most headphones come with that choice though to be fair.

They were only £25 I think as well.

• Subscriber

If you're into making music or can't play with a band but know loads of instruments and want to simulate it. I can't ever not recommend this to anyone. 

7940154_800.jpg

For the price you pay the versatility, ease of use, mobility and ease of introduction into any kind of setup is ridiculously good. It also has one of the most timeless designs you'll ever seen in music technology because when you see most things that have this kind of a shell you can only say one name BOSS. I have another BOSS pedal I purchased in '98 and it works till today and yes it has a few scratches but the internals have never ever had to be tinkered with it and it has slotted itself onto many pedal boards.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

If you're into making music or can't play with a band but know loads of instruments and want to simulate it. I can't ever not recommend this to anyone. 

7940154_800.jpg

For the price you pay the versatility, ease of use, mobility and ease of introduction into any kind of setup is ridiculously good. It also has one of the most timeless designs you'll ever seen in music technology because when you see most things that have this kind of a shell you can only say one name BOSS. I have another BOSS pedal I purchased in '98 and it works till today and yes it has a few scratches but the internals have never ever had to be tinkered with it and it has slotted itself onto many pedal boards.

I was going through the products I own thinking which ones I'd highly recommend... and it was all music gear & I figured nobody gave a fuck xD, good to see you've beaten me to it and just went ahead and posted something. Boss shit is all... boss. I've never owned a looper outside of that Mooer and my Helix though.

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Do you think they are falling over themselves to get down B&Q for paint mate?? I think not.. xD

Probably not to be honest, but I do know that I'm going to have to paint our walls soon and I saw the post to kick the thread off and I thought "nice one, I'll buy some of that shite"

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was going through the products I own thinking which ones I'd highly recommend... and it was all music gear & I figured nobody gave a fuck xD, good to see you've beaten me to it and just went ahead and posted something. Boss shit is all... boss. I've never owned a looper outside of that Mooer and my Helix though.

We almost ruined another thread on here because of pedals I figured just post one time here and see how it goes. 

• Subscriber

And that post reminded me of something else. Weber ... 

GUEST_496f6f5d-64a0-44ff-a309-473b6a8f98

You don't need something big and they have things that are smaller but I will only say this. You buy one and i guarantee you'll never buy another again.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I used to be all in on Sennheiser until I bought a (quite expensive) pair of their Momentum 2.0 in-ears which were annoyingly poorly designed. The wire's unnecessarily long, so gets caught on everything, and the inline control is too close to the ear, so it snags on my shirt collar every time I turn my head. Little things you might not think about, but they genuinely make a really big difference in use. More importantly, they died in one channel in less than a year.

Since then, I bought a pair of 1More Triple Driver in ears (I'd never heard of them but did a bit of research) and I'm blown away by the sound quality. The Sennheisers were really good, but this is something else. It's so clear. They come with loads of tip adapters and other extras as well. Great effort. Would recommend.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Probably not to be honest, but I do know that I'm going to have to paint our walls soon and I saw the post to kick the thread off and I thought "nice one, I'll buy some of that shite"

The one I used is for the exterior of the house mate.. make sure you get interior paint for that job, Sandtex does actually contain sand so anything on the inside of the house would look as rough as fuck... xD Better to be going for Dulux or something along those lines for indoors.. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I used to be all in on Sennheiser until I bought a (quite expensive) pair of their Momentum 2.0 in-ears which were annoyingly poorly designed. The wire's unnecessarily long, so gets caught on everything, and the inline control is too close to the ear, so it snags on my shirt collar every time I turn my head. Little things you might not think about, but they genuinely make a really big difference in use. More importantly, they died in one channel in less than a year.

Since then, I bought a pair of 1More Triple Driver in ears (I'd never heard of them but did a bit of research) and I'm blown away by the sound quality. The Sennheisers were really good, but this is something else. It's so clear. They come with loads of tip adapters and other extras as well. Great effort. Would recommend.

If my Sennheiser ones ever fail on me I'll check them out!

Forgot to mention as well that the microphone is decent too - not too close to the ear and hangs around my left manboob. Perfect really.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

The one I used is for the exterior of the house mate.. make sure you get interior paint for that job, Sandtex does actually contain sand so anything on the inside of the house would look as rough as fuck... xD Better to be going for Dulux or something along those lines for indoors.. 

But it says "ultra smooth" on it.

I wonder how fuming my fiancé would be if I painted the inside of our house with exterior paint xD

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But it says "ultra smooth" on it.

I wonder how fuming my fiancé would be if I painted the inside of our house with exterior paint xD

Exactly... last thing I want is you coming on here giving me loads of abuse because your living room wall ended up looking like the sahara desert including a 'real sand' texture feature... xD

When you paint it on the outside it is quite smooth to be honest but given the roughness of outdoor brick compared to a smooth plastered indoor wall of a house I don't suppose you can see all the imperfections or roughness until your missus accidentally rubs up against it and gets sandpaper burns all down her arm.. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I notice you didn't put up a picture??? If I end up going out and buying the wrong ones for any future holiday I will hold you personally accountable... B|

Related image

xD I bought it in 2008 so it's an old model and I had trouble finding a pic online... That's how it looks like (mind you mine is in a better shape even a decade later). That said, I've just read that the quality of Samsonite went downhill lately so probably you're better off not buying it, after all xD

originali-samsonite-kuprine.jpg

1 hour ago, nudge said:

xD I bought it in 2008 so it's an old model and I had trouble finding a pic online... That's how it looks like (mind you mine is in a better shape even a decade later). That said, I've just read that the quality of Samsonite went downhill lately so probably you're better off not buying it, after all xD

originali-samsonite-kuprine.jpg

So now you are not recommending it??? xD

Folks in England where do you go for bargain products? Once a year I go Cheshire Oaks for clothes. But like T.K.Maxx it can be hit and miss. For a variety of options the big Home and Bargain stores are really good, from foods, toiletries and electrical stuff. You can pick up some really good stuff at top prices. 

For aftershaves I go on allbeauty.com or Notino.co.uk, you can get all the top brands like Creed and tom ford at huge discount, reason is because they are based in Guernsey and don't have to pay tax.

I’d recommend a kettle. You can put cold water in it and if you press a certain button , after a few minutes it becomes boiling hot water. From there you have a plethora of options. Teas, coffees, hot chocolate, it really is a product I would highly recommend. 

• 3 years later...

Archived