• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Burnley 0-3 Liverpool - Saturday 31st August, 2019

football forums

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Listened to this game on the way back from our game.

Sounded quite boring/even in the first half before the fortuitous goal to go ahead. Then just sounded like Liverpool had total control and same goes for the 2nd half. Burnley didn't sound threatening at all. Barnes was marked out the game before he came off.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Listened to this game on the way back from our game.

Sounded quite boring/even in the first half before the fortuitous goal to go ahead. Then just sounded like Liverpool had total control and same goes for the 2nd half. Burnley didn't sound threatening at all. Barnes was marked out the game before he came off.

Burnley were playing pretty well, but then we started upping the pace and making more chances and that deflected cross. Then after that... all us. They had one good chance very early on, but they haven’t been up to much.

Rodriguez almost scored there though. Hope we finally keep a clean sheet though.

These last couple of matches though look like we are comfortable playing our game against sides that want to park the bus and scrap it out. Seems like our midfield is always up for a scrap and our fullbacks and front 3 will maintain the quality we come to expect.

We wear teams out, I love it.

57 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Trent’s also pulled off some brilliant defending in that first half. Not bad for someone who “can’t defend”

You could have becenbauer  as a defender and teso would still say he is shit

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You could have becenbauer  as a defender and teso would still say he is shit

It’s funny because I also rate Wan-Bissaka (although I don’t think he’s as complete) and I think it’s fucking great that England have Walker for now and Trent + Wan-Bissaka for the future. Trent’s is looking like he’s developing into the ideal modern right back - he’s probably the best crosser of the ball in our squad (except maybe Robertson). Wan-Bissaka looks like the ideal old school traditional right back. I’m actually gutted United signed him. I think he’s going to have a great career and both of them provide good options for England.

But I feel incredibly lucky we’ve got Trent as a local lad coming through the ranks who’s one of our best players at such a young age.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s funny because I also rate Wan-Bissaka (although I don’t think he’s as complete) and I think it’s fucking great that England have Walker for now and Trent + Wan-Bissaka for the future. Trent’s is looking like he’s developing into the ideal modern right back - he’s probably the best crosser of the ball in our squad (except maybe Robertson). Wan-Bissaka looks like the ideal old school traditional right back. I’m actually gutted United signed him. I think he’s going to have a great career and both of them provide good options for England.

But I feel incredibly lucky we’ve got Trent as a local lad coming through the ranks who’s one of our best players at such a young age.

I think Trent has a lot of talent that is being developed exceptionally well by Klopp. Might not do quite  so well with another manager

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think Trent has a lot of talent that is being developed exceptionally well by Klopp. Might not do quite  so well with another manager

Well the way that Klopp likes to create width from the fullbacks is great for attacking fullbacks like TAA and Robertson. I don’t think it’d be possible without our midfield 3, because it’s always 3 very hardworking players for us in the middle that do a lot of the legwork for everyone else.

• The title was changed to Burnley 0-3 Liverpool - Saturday 31st August, 2019
13 minutes ago, Rick said:

Very good that, pleased with the clean sheet an all. 

Salah needs told, him blatantly ignoring Mane standing wide open to try and get himself a goal is infuriating. 

Ehh... I don’t think the Salah Mane thing is a big deal. Yeah Mane would have been in a better position to score, Salah also made the time and space for a good opportunity just fluffed his composure at the end. It’s not like Mane’s never done the same thing.

I don’t think Salah’s selfishness or Mane’s frustration are bad. The front 3 is just hungry as fuck for goals - Klopp was laughing as Mane was furious at being subbed off after. I think he loves them “playing angry” and always looking to score. He didn’t seem to think it was a big deal in the post match interview either.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why wasn’t TAA yellow carded for kicking the ball away?

I can't remember the last time I saw a player booked for kicking the ball away. It just isn't punished anymore for some reason, and it definitely isn't because players have stopped doing it. Some of the more snide teams really take advantage of it. Not sure if they still do, but Leicester used to do it all the time

As for this Mane and Salah thing, I really don't have a problem with it. Salah's always seemed to me like one of those players who gets less likely to score the longer he goes with a goal. I'm more than happy for him to be selfish and try to buy himself a goal when the game's already won

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ehh... I don’t think the Salah Mane thing is a big deal. Yeah Mane would have been in a better position to score, Salah also made the time and space for a good opportunity just fluffed his composure at the end. It’s not like Mane’s never done the same thing.

I don’t think Salah’s selfishness or Mane’s frustration are bad. The front 3 is just hungry as fuck for goals - Klopp was laughing as Mane was furious at being subbed off after. I think he loves them “playing angry” and always looking to score. He didn’t seem to think it was a big deal in the post match interview either.

I'm not arsed about Mane being angry, I just want players to make the smart decision when it comes to it. When your team mate is wide open, pass to him. Don't take a shitey pot shot on your weak foot. 

Though, we scored three goals in the end so I'm just nitpicking haha. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I can't remember the last time I saw a player booked for kicking the ball away. It just isn't punished anymore for some reason, and it definitely isn't because players have stopped doing it. Some of the more snide teams really take advantage of it. Not sure if they still do, but Leicester used to do it all the time

As for this Mane and Salah thing, I really don't have a problem with it. Salah's always seemed to me like one of those players who gets less likely to score the longer he goes with a goal. I'm more than happy for him to be selfish and try to buy himself a goal when the game's already won

Did we xD ?!

The Salah selfishness thing is something we've seen before, and is a little bit of a concern. He needs to work on it for sure because ultimately selfishness is a bad look and the true best players know when to pass as well as shoot.

His assist stats have dropped away since coming to Liverpool but manes aren't great either, it's the way we play with those two often being the finishers of attacks.

• Subscriber

Missed the game but was hearing that Firmino is the first Brazilian in the league to ever reach 50 goals? Also, not worried about Salah not passing it as hes always going for goal because when they get their heads up they do play the interchange so its not worrying. I think he also felt like he should have been on the score sheet yesterday having missed two chances (the pass from Hendo and the first one which came off the side bar) which is why he was trying to go it alone.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Missed the game but was hearing that Firmino is the first Brazilian in the league to ever reach 50 goals? Also, not worried about Salah not passing it as hes always going for goal because when they get their heads up they do play the interchange so its not worrying. I think he also felt like he should have been on the score sheet yesterday having missed two chances (the pass from Hendo and the first one which came off the side bar) which is why he was trying to go it alone.

Yeah I thought Coutinho managed 50 but MOTD showed he only got 41. 

I've always rated Firmino. Does the hard work that opens up spaces for Salah and Mane. I know as a triumvirate in attack they're very attacking and fluid which is difficult enough for defences anyway but Firmino seems to put in the harder yards and be more nifty with his feet which helps with those quick passing moves. Plus he loves a finish from outside the box too. A very rounded striker in contrast to the speediness and skilful side that someone like Salah offers. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived