Match History
Everton - 60 wins
Draws - 27
Wolves - 45 wins

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Should be a good game. A loss would be unacceptable. I predict a draw but we should be looking to beat them.

Not sure about that mate. Wouldn't say a loss is unneceptable. A lot of people think they will finish higher than you.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not sure about that mate. Wouldn't say a loss is unneceptable. A lot of people think they will finish higher than you.

They're a direct rival, we're at home, they played Thursday and we put in a shite loss in our last league game so yes another defeat would be unacceptable.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

They're a direct rival, we're at home, they played Thursday and we put in a shite loss in our last league game so yes another defeat would be unacceptable.

I know what you mean mate but I don't think loosing to a team that may well finish higher than you is unnacceptable 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I know what you mean mate but I don't think loosing to a team that may well finish higher than you is unnacceptable 

That's the sort of attitude that sees you finish in the same position every season though which is what needs to change at Everton. It's all about mentality. Our aim is to get closer to the top six and Wolves are good but we have no business calling a home defeat to them acceptable in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That's the sort of attitude that sees you finish in the same position every season though which is what needs to change at Everton. It's all about mentality. Our aim is to get closer to the top six and Wolves are good but we have no business calling a home defeat to them acceptable in the slightest.

It's not about mentality it's about being realistic. I wouldn't expect that attitude from the players. Even if it were man city away I would expect the players to expect to win. However fans can be more realistic. I would love arsenal to beat spurs tomorrow however I wouldn't say loosing is unecceptable. Doesn't mean I think the players should think that 

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's not about mentality it's about being realistic. I wouldn't expect that attitude from the players. Even if it were man city away I would expect the players to expect to win. However fans can be more realistic. I would love arsenal to beat spurs tomorrow however I wouldn't say loosing is unecceptable. Doesn't mean I think the players should think that 

I don't see any way you can phrase this which is going to convince me to call Everton losing at home to Wolves "acceptable". We should be very unhappy if we lose tomorrow.

51 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't see any way you can phrase this which is going to convince me to call Everton losing at home to Wolves "acceptable". We should be very unhappy if we lose tomorrow.

Probably best to agree to disagree then mate.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Probably best to agree to disagree then mate.

I get what you're saying. I'm not saying it would be disgraceful but I can't agree that it would be acceptable.

34 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Everton lose and silva's head is on the line according to the Liverpool echo. 

Everton fans hate the Echo's football coverage. It's embarrassing that this is even being mentioned when we had a decent season last year and we've lost one game this season. Not the manager's fault that most of our signings came in late and Delph, Kean, Iwobi have all been unable to start a league game yet and Gbamin has picked up a bad injury.

Will be interesting to see how Everton develop this season, they don't look very dangerous but I think Kean and surprisingly to some Iwobi will give them more going forward than we're used to. Feel like this could still end in a Wolves win however

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I get what you're saying. I'm not saying it would be disgraceful but I can't agree that it would be acceptable.

Everton fans hate the Echo's football coverage. It's embarrassing that this is even being mentioned when we had a decent season last year and we've lost one game this season. Not the manager's fault that most of our signings came in late and Delph, Kean, Iwobi have all been unable to start a league game yet and Gbamin has picked up a bad injury.

The Echo is a fucking shadow of what it used to be, in pretty much every respect - not just the sports journalism. It’s an actual travesty tbh. But I think their coverage of Liverpool and Everton used to once be top notch and now it’s a fucking shambles

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Echo is a fucking shadow of what it used to be, in pretty much every respect - not just the sports journalism. It’s an actual travesty tbh. But I think their coverage of Liverpool and Everton used to once be top notch and now it’s a fucking shambles

Their Everton podcast is alright to be fair, when you get the journalists sat discussing games and news. I obviously don't see the hard copy of the paper very often but their online stuff is poor, clickbait headlines on Twitter followed by fairly uninteresting quotes or stories on the website.

• Subscriber

Just noticed Wolves haven't got a league win yet.

D0WnIQyX0Ac4MLM.thumb.jpg.8293e2e75b18e48e5d7f4e0bab85a3c8.jpg

8 minutes ago, Machado said:

Wolves haven't lost a game since May at Anfield, woah. This includes Europe and pre season.

Hmm, friendlies are meaningless, so that consists of early Europa cannon fodder, two games with Torino and three league games, all of which they've drawn, so let's just say it sounds a lot more impressive the way you put it.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Just noticed Wolves haven't got a league win yet.

D0WnIQyX0Ac4MLM.thumb.jpg.8293e2e75b18e48e5d7f4e0bab85a3c8.jpg

Hmm, friendlies are meaningless, so that consists of early Europa cannon fodder, two games with Torino and three league games, all of which they've drawn, so let's just say it sounds a lot more impressive the way you put it.

All I'm saying is if you ask a Wolves fan at random when was the last time they lost, it's likely they'll have to look it up. Their form is fine for a club of their size.

L5aLA62.jpg

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Machado said:

Should I ask why Walcott is not even making the bench?

Might have an injury because Silva seems to still like bringing him off the bench but for me he isn't better than Richarlison, Iwobi or Bernard so he shouldn't be in the squad.

• The title was changed to Everton 3-2 Wolves - Sunday 1st September, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived