talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England 5-3 Kosovo - Tuesday 10th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've got tickets for tonight through work so I'll be popping along as it's just down the road.

Actually quite up for seeing England as opposed to previous years, especially seeing Sancho start. Haven't seen much of him.

If St Mary's can replicate anything like the atmosphere at Elland Road in the World Cup warm up game v Costa Rica I'll be happy.

Going for a 2-0 England win tonight. 

We as England fans shouldn’t really take winning games like the qualifiers we typically face, with relative ease for granted, winning football matches is ultimately the most important thing and you can only win against what’s put in front of you, however, I do hope we get a bit of a test and get asked some questions here tonight by Kosovo.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mistake by Keane. Kosovo 1 up. 

Shite from Keane. What is he thinking? Surely he knows Maguire was just chased down? 

It was a bad ball from whoever the midfielder was (Barkley?) to Keane as well to be fair. Still should have dealt with it better though

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It was a crap ball from Maguire, a crap ball from Barkley and a crap ball from Keane. All were equally culpable. 

Nothing wrong with Maguire's ball to Barkley?! 

Anyway, 3-1. Comical own goal from their right back. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Can't cheer that third goal. I know you don't have to put it out but just can't cheer an own goal when a kosovan player is down

He got up as the move was happening. 

Not a head injury so no sympathy from me. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Weird one this, I don’t think Kosovo have been awful. We’ve played worse sides in this group and done this to them.  

We’re absolutely deadly on the counter. Utterly ruthless. 

The space they leave a) behind their defence and b) between defence and midfield is just too much to handle. 

If they press to close that gap for b), they get punished. If they sit back, they get punished. 

I agree they've not been awful. Just far too much quality for them to manage. 

• Subscriber

Sterling genuinely up there as one of the best players in the world.

Sterling Kane Sancho has the potential to be the best front three in the world. It's already right up there.

Shame we don't have any defenders. Promising midfielders coming through though 

Tell you what, that Declan Rice lad is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen in a while. And that's a pretty terrible fucking error from him there, absolutely unforced as well.

A bit worrying that we've got some players capable of making shocking errors that'll lead to a side like Kosovo scoring twice on us.

• The title was changed to England 5-3 Kosovo - Tuesday 10th September, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived