talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

An opening ceremony just for the India Pakistan game after the tournament has started. Needles and pathetic

In the Asia Cup they introduced a reserve day just for Ind Pak game so it wouldn't get washed out.

BCCI turning an international game into backyard cricket, my yard my rules. All other spineless boards. 

Deserved loss. Two lucklustre performances and rightfully punished.

You got to question the bowling at the start again and the batting just isn't quite firing at the moment like we know we can do. They were always chasing the game and never felt fully on top at any stage.

They have made life very difficult for themselves now. With South Africa, Sri Lanka, India and Australia next, I think England really need to be winning three of those to stay in contention by the time that Pakistan game comes round at the end. On current form, that in itself looks a tall order.

Glad for Afghanistan though and tbh, the tournament needed something like this. Too many one sided games, not enough nail biters so we needed a big shock to get things going.

5 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

How can you go from world champions to loosing to Afghanistan? I don't even follow cricket and I know what an upset that is 

Because England picked winning instead of the 'spirit of the game' last WC. Maybe the felt spiritual today?

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Find it a bit odd Cricket matches have to be called off for rain, given that sport comes from England, were it, well, rains quite often.

It's more for safety. Becomes too slippy in the outfield and risk of injury to players. Light rain/drizzle it can continue, but anything more and it's too dangerous. 

Today's was paused for dust-storm/sandstorm and safety concerns due to parts of the stadium/roof banners coming down. Thankfully nothing serious!

• Upvote 1