Everton vs Brighton
Leicester vs Southampton
Man Utd vs Norwich
Wolves vs Newcastle

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Dan said:

I completely unironically think we won't win this.

It's not unreasonable to think that a side that you absolutely humiliated, that has subsequently picked up a lot of form since that time, might want to get 3 points to make up for that humiliation.

Having said that... I fully expect it to be 3-1 to Leicester (Ings scoring for Southampton).

• Administrator

Kasper

Pereira - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Choudhury 

Praet - Maddison

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Time to give Tielemans a rest. Poor last night and has looked leggy for about a month now, perhaps longer. Praet has looked controlled and composed most of the time in midfield whenever he's played.

Choudhury simply has to play. With Ndidi out for a few weeks it's time for Choudhury to be first-choice DM until Ndidi comes back. He was quality when he came on last night and we need someone defensive in midfield to give the flair players in the side less defensive responsibility. Rodgers admitted his mistake last night in not playing him and that he should have played from the start. 

Perez is good support for Vardy and does a similar job to Maddison but just further up and wider in the pitch. Wouldn't be surprised to see Barnes or Gray start but would prefer the former. Iheanacho is a good option to come in off the bench and has shown he can provide a good impact. He and Vardy seem to play well together but it's hard to have them both playing in a 4-3-3.

Ings is dangerous for them. He's on fire recently. I think we have to forget about what happened in October. Southampton have moved on from it and it'll be a totally different game to then, certainly won't happen again on Saturday. In fact wouldn't be surprised if Southampton are defensive (not as defensive as Villa last night) and try and catch us on the break. Norwich did it and took the lead so Southampton could set up similarly. 

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's not unreasonable to think that a side that you absolutely humiliated, that has subsequently picked up a lot of form since that time, might want to get 3 points to make up for that humiliation.

Having said that... I fully expect it to be 3-1 to Leicester (Ings scoring for Southampton).

Not to mention they're actually quite good away from home and we're wobbling a bit at home too. Ndidi is a massive loss, for me as big a loss as Vardy would be (and we still won without Vardy), that's how important I think he's been.

3-1 to Leicester would make it 12-1 on aggregate, which matches a record that's been managed twice, not entirely sure what games they were though.

• Subscriber

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Praet - Choudhury - Maddison

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Back to basics but Tielemans needs a bit of time out. He looks a bit unfit to me. If we're struggling he's a good option to come on. Choudhury has to start though, he cannot set the midfeld up like that again.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Pressure building. Need a point at least really. 

Do you see it? Me and my Dad have joined a last man standing at his work and we've gone for Wolves, out of a choice of all 20 teams.

On 10/01/2020 at 11:05, RandoEFC said:

Pickford

Sidibe - Mina - Holgate - Baines

Gordon - Davies - Bernard? I dont know I'd literally rather play with ten than see Delph, Schneiderlin or Sigurdsson here - Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin - Kean

No excuses.

FB_IMG_1578715191762.jpg

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Didn't even notice me and @Stan had posted the exact same team. I've been told that that is the exact XI as well.

Happy with that then! Good Maddison is fit after his knock too. 

16 hours ago, Dan said:

Do you see it? Me and my Dad have joined a last man standing at his work and we've gone for Wolves, out of a choice of all 20 teams.

If Andy Carroll starts and Dubravka has a good day then it's not impossible, we've got good experience this season in theft and robbery. Dummett should be back as well. 

• Subscriber

A little bit of a chance with the grinning gnome dropping Jones, Lingard and no sign of wanker young but why Mata & Pereira over young Greenwood or James? nice to see Williams in the team.

25d12137-680e-4c62-a98b-2cade908596b.png

Benched thank fuck: Phil Jones, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard and Mason Greenwood 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived