The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham - Saturday 22nd February, 2020

football forum

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Storts said:

I mean it’s a fair point 

I understand where someone is coming from if they say Spurs are "supposed" to lose at Stamford Bridge with that line up, but let's not pretend they created chance after chance but didn't have a striker who could finish them.

That quote is just a fancy way of amplifying the importance of Chelsea having Giroud, Abraham and Batshuayi, as if we're talking about world class players. Giroud made no shots on target, let alone goals or even assists in that world cup so I'd be wary of bringing that up xD

Spurs fielded a world cup winning goalie while Chelsea fielded one with 5 international appearances which is an equally silly stat to bring up.

Apparently because it was reviewed by var they are not allowed to give retrospective punishment. Which does seem a bit odd because even the referee's admit they don't have all the angles so the wrong decision could always be made with it.

I haven't seen it but by all accounts it was a terrible decision.

3 hours ago, Machado said:

Mourinho: "Look at Chelsea they played a World Cup winning striker up front, England’s second striker on the bench, and Belgium’s second striker in the stands. We had no strikers on the pitch, no strikers on the bench and two in the hospital."

Classic Mourinho after a big loss. I've always wondered if he comes up with these on the spot xD

I think he has a notepad with all the excuses ready. To be fair klopp is just as bad

• Subscriber

I didn't see any of the game apart from a replay of Lo Celso's foul.

I'm not going to repeat what is obvious and what everyone else has already said but I joked months ago that they were making as big of a pigs ear of implementing VAR as possible because they didn't want it and they want us to hate it so we'll shut up about having technology in football. I can't fully bring myself to believe it because of the Occam's Razor of shit referees still being shit referees with the benefit of multiple replays, but I'm not joking as much as I was originally.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham - Saturday 22nd February, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
4 hours ago, Machado said:

Mourinho: "Look at Chelsea they played a World Cup winning striker up front, England’s second striker on the bench, and Belgium’s second striker in the stands. We had no strikers on the pitch, no strikers on the bench and two in the hospital."

Classic Mourinho after a big loss. I've always wondered if he comes up with these on the spot xD

He does it all the time. Hate the fukka. 

Chelsea with a deserved win at home against Spurs. It was a vital win for Chelsea, in that they beat their closest rivals for that 4th Champions League spot in the league. They have now distanced themselves from Spurs in the league by 4 points.

I agree with those pointing out Giroud's movement and his general intelligence on the field of play. He's strong in the air, has a good shot and he creates opportunities for his team with his clever decision making. Abraham is a fantastic young striker, who physically has all the attributes to become one of the greats. But he doesn't yet have that experience of Giroud. There's a very good reason why Giroud has played 97 international matches for France, while scoring 39 goals for his national team. He's a quality centre forward for any team to have.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He does it all the time. Hate the fukka. 

He's the biggest whinger around and the master of excuses. 

He's claiming that Spurs don't have any strikers, yet Pochettino did great last season when he also had Kane out. Lucas Moura stepped up and scored a bloody hattrick in a Champions League semi-final against a great Ajax side. Lucas Moura also scored a hattrick in the league among other goals that he scored. Even if we look beyond Moura, they also have  the Irish lad Troy Parrott, one of the most highly rated young forwards in the country. So this no forwards or no strikers line, is a load of cobblers and just one of many sad excuses by Mourinho.

Giroud will have his limitations if you rely on him too heavily but there's no doubt that Lampard should have used him a lot more than he has done so far this season. Perhaps the fact that he looked like he was going to be going in January played a part in Lampard's decision making but still, Abraham should have been given more rest and Batshuayi less playing time.

Pleased with the performance, everyone was top notch. Giroud good but that is not something that surprised anyone. Shame that we made the game more difficult by conceding but we always do. The game should have been killed off with Los Celso malicious challenge but VAR fucked us twice in a week this time with no consequences. After Bayern we end the very hard run of fixtures. Next three in the league are Cherries and Villa away and Everton home between those two. Have to make the best of it as we can't allow no more slips. Happy to see Ruben in the team hope too see him sooner rather than later.

On 23/02/2020 at 02:33, Cicero said:

Usually i'm in agreement with the implementation of VAR, but why the fuck couldn't Oliver go and see the stamp?

Who ever was in the VAR room during today's match needs to be sacked. End of. 

I hate to say it, I really do....but I agree with Garth Crooks 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

David Coote dropped from premier league duty this weekend. 

Nice to see they are taking action. 

Nah it's just because he's 4th Official on Sunday :( 

Archived