• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [26. Spieltag] - 16-18th May, 2020

football forum

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Absolutely, he's clearly not good enough for 1. Liga. 

Yes, he's probably not yet ready for 1. Liga, but he's only 21, so he could become better as he matures as a keeper. But he's clearly been out of his depth so far in this derby.

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Fair xD It's much more enjoyable if you just view him as a comic figure

I went past that point ages ago I think. He's just annoying now xD 

• Administrator

Dortmund celebrations at the end xD

Brilliant. Socially distanced salute to the wall and clapping the stands xD 

Also, I see McManaman called it the Riviera Derby (should be 'Revier') and also said Dortmund will have the bragging rights in the city, even though the 2 clubs are from different cities. The guy is on another dumbass planet!

Kept out for this game - my prediction of 4-0 was about right and the 04 performance was as inept as I thought it would be.  David has either to get rid of the dross or go himself - there was nothing learned from this that we did not already know - the Euro places fro next year are already gone and at least we have enough points in the bag to avoid the drop.  Time for a mini clear out and give the younger players their chance - sad for the young keeper, but how do you play behind a defence like that? -  particularly after your so-called international mid-fielder passes more to the opposition than to his own men!  Totally expected result!

I maintain what I said before the leagues stopped. This is the best Dortmund side since 2013. Hopefully they can hold onto their players for another year or two to develop. They will definitely be capable of another CL final run by then. This year I feel they weren't quite mature enough to take on a PSG or a Barcelona.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

What's the verdict then on the behind closed doors thing? Does it make it shite?

Not at all. It's just remarkably different to what we've been used to for as long as we've known football.

Some of the football seen earlier was normal and attractive, especially Dortmund which was my main focus to watch. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not at all. It's just remarkably different to what we've been used to for as long as we've known football.

Some of the football seen earlier was normal and attractive, especially Dortmund which was my main focus to watch. 

For me it still feels like a meaningless friendly though. Without fans in the stadium, there's just no emotion and I would personally find it impossible to get into if that was a regular thing.

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

For me it still feels like a meaningless friendly though. Without fans in the stadium, there's just no emotion and I would personally find it impossible to get into if that was a regular thing.

I get that and it's a lot around atmosphere, even more so in the big leagues where fans can almost make a game.

I think for me it's good to have major football back, under the conditions that the safety precautions have been met (more the testing in the lead up to games etc). Some of the rulings in the game almost seem a farce, as we've spoken about earlier. 

I don't think this will be regular in terms of years. There will come a time where fans will be back inside stadiums in their droves but for now, it's a case of bearing with football in this limited way before it goes back to 'normal'.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived