talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

17 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

No way we are paying £30m mate, not when we can have him for free next summer. £15m-£20m is a more realistic price I think. 

No way your getting him for £15-20m, I can see other clubs coming in for him if he becomes available. If he does leave I'll be shocked if he goes for anything less than £25m. I mean Saido Berahino went for  £12m with like 6 months left.

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Selling Giroud would be poor from us. Offers something none of our other strikers do. An aerial threat that the other attackers play off of that can right score goals or set them up. Needs to remain an option for us.

Agree mate, he is another Arsenal player who fans love to dog on for no reason. I don't think we have ever really played to his strengths and he always give 100%. I can only assume if he does go it will be because he wants regular football.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I've always said Olivier Giroud isn't good enough for a club searching to compete for the top honours, I have also said that he's a great asset to have on the bench when needed. You need a strong squad and you need a diverse one too.

The problem isn't in the selling so much, but on how those players sold are replaced adequately. That detail has been terribly handled for many many years now. 

If rumours are to be believed, we're outbidding Real Madrid at the moment for Kilyan Mbappé (that in itself isn't enough when a club like Real are interested) and apparently Wenger is trying to convince the player that his best move is to Arsenal. 

The thing is that at so many of Europe's top clubs it's all about who leaves before we get a clearer picture on who may come and how big the boom will be on the signings. 

44 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Ox and Giroud off. Sanchez and Bellerin to go.

It's tough to see Arsenal being stripped of their assets.:ph34r:

Hope we don't become the new Liverpool where it's extremely rare to be in Europe and finish in the top 4 in the same season. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Selling Giroud would be poor from us. Offers something none of our other strikers do. An aerial threat that the other attackers play off of that can right score goals or set them up. Needs to remain an option for us.

At 30, I'm not that keen on the idea of him coming here. I think he would suit the style Koeman is looking for and would definitely score goals but we'll be looking for a replacement in 2 years. 

• Subscriber

I think Giroud would be a fantastic signing if he's going for around £20m. The rest of our summer business has seen us sign some very good players and adding depth to the squad but bringing in Giroud as a main striker would, for me, cover more than half of the goals we'll lose in Lukaku and have a bigger impact than Keane, Sigurdsson, Sandro or Pickford.

Even if we do have to replace him in two years I'd pay that fee for him.

• Subscriber

Barkley has gone back to odds on to join Tottenham (4/5).

Sanchez to Man City has the same odds.

Liverpool to sign Keita (4/9). Also Evens to sign Van Dijk.

Lukaku to Chelsea still 2/5 despite a lack of movement. 

Lacazette to Arsenal 1/20

Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool 11/10

Sandro to Chelsea 8/13

Morata to United 2/7

Andrew Robertson to Liverpool 1/5

Mendy to Man City 1/8

Charlie Taylor to Burnley 1/20

Dani Alves to City 1/20

Delph to Stoke 13/8

George Boyd to Sheff Wed 1/8

Sigurdsson to Everton 4/11

Perisic to United 5/6

Wilshere to West Ham 8/11

Hart to West Ham 7/4

Iheanacho to Leicester 4/9

Walker to City 2/7

Lucas Leiva to Gremio 5/4

Lucas Perez to Sevilla 7/4

Darmian to Juventus 8/11

Moussa Dembele to Everton 4/5

Matic to United 1/20

Patrick Roberts to Celtic 11/8

Mahrez to Arsenal 2/9

Bertrand to City 2/5

Sam Johnstone to Aston Villa 7/4

Stewart Downing to Brighton 5/2

Lemar to Arsenal 10/11

Tom Ince to Huddersfield 1/20

Deeney to Leicester 4/5

Rooney to Everton 1/2

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Barkley has gone back to odds on to join Tottenham (4/5).

Sanchez to Man City has the same odds.

Liverpool to sign Keita (4/9). Also Evens to sign Van Dijk.

Lukaku to Chelsea still 2/5 despite a lack of movement. 

Lacazette to Arsenal 1/20

Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool 11/10

Sandro to Chelsea 8/13

Morata to United 2/7

Andrew Robertson to Liverpool 1/5

Mendy to Man City 1/8

Charlie Taylor to Burnley 1/20

Dani Alves to City 1/20

Delph to Stoke 13/8

George Boyd to Sheff Wed 1/8

Sigurdsson to Everton 4/11

Perisic to United 5/6

Wilshere to West Ham 8/11

Hart to West Ham 7/4

Iheanacho to Leicester 4/9

Walker to City 2/7

Lucas Leiva to Gremio 5/4

Lucas Perez to Sevilla 7/4

Darmian to Juventus 8/11

Moussa Dembele to Everton 4/5

Matic to United 1/20

Patrick Roberts to Celtic 11/8

Mahrez to Arsenal 2/9

Bertrand to City 2/5

Sam Johnstone to Aston Villa 7/4

Stewart Downing to Brighton 5/2

Lemar to Arsenal 10/11

Tom Ince to Huddersfield 1/20

Deeney to Leicester 4/5

Rooney to Everton 1/2

From 1-10 verge, how verge is that?

• Administrator

we've also been linked with Victor Iborra, of Sevilla. Central midfielder with a bit of an eye for goal but also a bit of a presence too.

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It looks like Sandro Ramírez could be named an Everton player by the end of today or tomorrow from what they're saying in Spain. 

and apparently water is wet and the sky is blue!!

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I would say that anything connected to Phil Collins should be a + rep and not a - one. 

Hey, I would never have a pop at the Philmeister, but that [attempt at a] joke was just plain wrong. Felt dirty just reading it.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

we've also been linked with Victor Iborra, of Sevilla. Central midfielder with a bit of an eye for goal but also a bit of a presence too.

and apparently water is wet and the sky is blue!!

Hahaha true! Just saying what I've been reading though. :what:

As for Iborra... One of Rebel's favourite players. He's been brilliant for many years now. He's still very good and would be a great addition to your team. 

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha true! Just saying what I've been reading though. :what:

As for Iborra... One of Rebel's favourite players. He's been brilliant for many years now. He's still very good and would be a great addition to your team. 

only 14m euros as well apparently if it were to happen. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

A Premier League team buying a decent player for £5.3m right now is basically them getting him for free.

About the same value as 60K for Coleman. The fact that that's only a bit of an exaggeration tells you all you need to know about the market. 

Everton doing solid smart business. Every signing has been quality in my opinion. No guarantees they will work but there is a lot of potential in all their deals. 

Riyad Mahrez to us is getting thrown around a lot recently. Again very underwhelming, we have gone for a name again. Him and Lacazette will be about £80m and I don't think we have really improved. We have completely downgraded if Giroud and Sanchez go.

Archived