talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

In other news, 

This one's out of nowhere and that's a big fee. I know nothing about him but I have looked at his goals record and this looks like a very odd move at that price unless he has loads of untapped potential. @Machado thoughts?

The most hard working striker I've ever seen but probably not a €45M one.

He doesn't even start regularly for us. Comes mostly off the bench. Partly because of the formation and style of playing we use, which doesn't bring the best out of him, but also due to him not being exactly the most technically gifted striker, unlike our other two strikers.

However he was still key to our last two League and CL campaigns, scoring crucial goals in several occasions, even last minute goals. He always comes through in the clutch. In that aspect he is kind of amazing. Rarely disappoints when it comes to scoring when you really need it. The fans love him for that. The last thing you'll get from him is a lazy performance.

Despite sometimes being sloppy on the ball, he's got everything a striker needs, from pace to hold up play. For me he's more suited to play in the Premier League than in the Portuguese League, however in terms of weekly goal delivery as a starter and under pressure, I don't feel confident saying that it's worth investing that much money on him.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It looks as if Lukaku could be off to Manchester United and this could pave the  way for Morata to go to Chelsea and Conte get his personal wish. 

I thought he wanted Lukaku at any price

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

I thought he wanted Lukaku at any price

Your board wanted Lukaku. Conte from what I've read in the Italian press over the past couple of months has been looking at  players in Serie 'A' and Morata. The thing is that Morata had apparently given his word to United and the stalling by Real Madrid with the price has made Mourinho go in for Lukaku.

To be honest, Lukaku is more of a Mourinho type striker (if he can make him work for 90 minutes) than Álvaro Morata. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Your board wanted Lukaku. Conte from what I've read in the Italian press over the past couple of months has been looking at  players in Serie 'A' and Morata. The thing is that Morata had apparently given his word to United and the stalling by Real Madrid with the price has made Mourinho go in for Lukaku.

To be honest, Lukaku is more of a Mourinho type striker (if he can make him work for 90 minutes) than Álvaro Morata. 

If he didn't want him then fair enough, not sure how well Morata would fit in. He is a totally different striker to Costa

16 minutes ago, True Blue said:

If he didn't want him then fair enough, not sure how well Morata would fit in. He is a totally different striker to Costa

Neither do I mate. All I'm saying is the stories that have emerged in Italy but I have no idea as to how Conte would play with Morata es he is totally different.

But these are rumours remember!

Chalobah close to Watford deal. Only 5 million. Five fucking million.....

Think this is where I give up now. No player will make it here, with or without Mourinho. Fully expect to only have youth players in our squad to meet the HG quota rather than bleeding them in. 

Can fully assume our board are now planning how much and who to sell Abraham to when he hits the ground running. 

22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Chalobah close to Watford deal. Only 5 million. Five fucking million.....

Think this is where I give up now. No player will make it here, with or without Mourinho. Fully expect to only have youth players in our squad to meet the HG quota rather than bleeding them in. 

Can fully assume our board are now planning how much and who to sell Abraham to when he hits the ground running. 

I'm so disappointed we're not taking advantage of your academy players.

• Subscriber

Leicester are confident of winning the race to sign Iheanacho, according to Percy our most reliable bloke.

That would be a lovely signing.

We still want Sigurdsson and Gibson, unlikely to get either although Gibson is probably more down to us not paying their asking price.

If Middlesbrough are taking the piss then fair enough. If we're penny pinching then we need to pack it in. Michael Keane would be a Leicester player if not for us penny pinching last summer. That is the truth.

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bakayoko set to be announced at the weekend. Reason for the delay were issues with his medical. 

That would be a good step, really have high hopes for him. He could be crucial in the link up with Kante.

7 minutes ago, True Blue said:

That would be a good step, really have high hopes for him. He could be crucial in the link up with Kante.

Yeah. Kante needs a more dynamic partner, of which neither Matic nor Cesc can attribute. 

In the last week we've been linked with about another ten players I've never heard of and I couldn't care less.

I want my crap club that rely on developing homegrown players back.

• Subscriber

Hope this is bollocks. Found it shocking when Liverpool were bidding for him at a price like that, not going to change my stance on that if we're doing it. Seriously, van Dijk is clearly a very good defender but even in this market, probably worth something in the £30-40m range. Just because Liverpool and Man City have shown a public interest the price has gone absolutely through the roof. If I was spending £65m on a centre half, even the way prices are now, I'd be expecting a Puyol or a Chiellini standard player which Virgil van Dijk is nowhere near proving that he is.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

The salty meter would go up to 11 if we signed him - I'm all for it xD

To be honest there's probably some truth in this, I can see us going for another defender as Jagielka is too old, Williams isn't good enough and Koeman doesn't seem to have a lot of faith in Funes Mori. I see no reason why he wouldn't want a fellow countryman and someone who has signed in the past at Southampton, if this is all true then I expect things to roll quickly.

£65 million is too much. We're getting absolutely rinsed if we pay that.

Archived