• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Win The Premier League!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

There’s one on the dock road opposite the 3 sisters. Always nip in on my lunch if I’ve got a meeting down there.

To the 3 sisters or the Sainsbury's? 

• Subscriber

You can't really blame them for the gatherings after what's gone on across the country over the past month. Objectively, yes, it's not what they should be doing but it's forgivable. 

The rubbish is out of order though. It was one chubby bellend sending fireworks at the Liver Building and there's enough clear footage of him that he'll get nicked. Then there's probably a few dozen bell ends cheering him on in the various videos. The people of Liverpool tend to have a pretty strong moral compass when it comes to being precious over their own city regardless of which side they support so I'm actually surprised the fireworks nonce didn't get lamped for what he was doing.

The worst part is that the building wasn't lit up blue because of anything to do with Everton, it's red, white and blue lights because it's Armed Forces Day today. You can see a bunch of red lights on the building in every single picture or video clip so it's weird that so many people seem to instantly accept the lazy theory of Moshiri lighting it up blue in a petty reaction to Liverpool's title celebrations.

At the end of the day though, aside from the fireworks dickhead this is all pretty low level civil disorder which doesn't need to be made any bigger than it is. It's just a bit cringeworthy seeing some journalists on social media dancing around the clear evidence of what the video footage shows and saying it was a "stray firework" that hit the building, and the aforementioned partisan morons who think it's alright but would cry foul if it was Everton fans or Man Utd fans or foreign fans visiting the city. Same idiots that call our fans "High horse FC" far daring to say it's bad to aim fireworks at the Liver Building.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with people celebrating and having a bit of a party in the streets of Liverpool when all safety measures have gone to shit anyway. If you can now mingle freely in Primark or travel 2+ hours to go to a beach, you can do what Liverpool fans have done. It might not be advised but everything has gone to pot now and it’s beyond reparable from the government but that’s another discussion.

The unacceptable bit is the fire at the Liver Building if it’s been set deliberately or was from the couple of videos that are going viral of what looks like people deliberately aiming fireworks at the building. 

You always see pictures of streets the morning after these kind of events of litter everywhere which doesn’t look good but from my experience of big events like this, bins get filled easily so there’s little option in the end. 

Just see it as people using this as a stick to beat Football with, again. 

Statistically a large majority continue to follow the main guidelines. Last reading I believe was upward of 75-80%. The more people that take the attitude that there's absolutely nothing wrong with breaking the rules now because Bournemouth beach was rammed the higher the risk is going to be. This isn't an absolute scenario where everyone follows or everyone does whatever they want. We may be able to avoid a second wave providing such high proportions of the population continue to dramatically reduce their exposure to others as they have done. Even with protests, football celebrations and beach going. Even with all of that increasing over time. It matters that people follow the rules. Yet evidence shows it doesn't matter that everyone follows the rules all the time. This reality is a problem. Who decides who can break and when. The point is we don't know. Therefore those breaking the rules absolutely should be condemned in the hope and expectation that doing so will actually keep adherence to a high enough level to save lives. If you promote the idea of legitimacy of Liverpool's celebrations you are willingly driving the UK to a higher level of risk. Freeing them from that condemnation and blaming the government and not the rule breaker will likely increase the number who stop following the guidelines. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

You can't really blame them for the gatherings after what's gone on across the country over the past month. Objectively, yes, it's not what they should be doing but it's forgivable. 

The rubbish is out of order though. It was one chubby bellend sending fireworks at the Liver Building and there's enough clear footage of him that he'll get nicked. Then there's probably a few dozen bell ends cheering him on in the various videos. The people of Liverpool tend to have a pretty strong moral compass when it comes to being precious over their own city regardless of which side they support so I'm actually surprised the fireworks nonce didn't get lamped for what he was doing.

The worst part is that the building wasn't lit up blue because of anything to do with Everton, it's red, white and blue lights because it's Armed Forces Day today. You can see a bunch of red lights on the building in every single picture or video clip so it's weird that so many people seem to instantly accept the lazy theory of Moshiri lighting it up blue in a petty reaction to Liverpool's title celebrations.

At the end of the day though, aside from the fireworks dickhead this is all pretty low level civil disorder which doesn't need to be made any bigger than it is. It's just a bit cringeworthy seeing some journalists on social media dancing around the clear evidence of what the video footage shows and saying it was a "stray firework" that hit the building, and the aforementioned partisan morons who think it's alright but would cry foul if it was Everton fans or Man Utd fans or foreign fans visiting the city. Same idiots that call our fans "High horse FC" far daring to say it's bad to aim fireworks at the Liver Building.

There’s video of that fat cunt not just shooting off fireworks at the building... but another video of him launching them right into a crowd of people that’s also there celebrating our title win.

That shit could take someone’s eye out, he was literally shooting them into a crowd of people.

Yeah it’s fucked up to be shooting shit at the city’s most iconic landmark and causing it to be set fire. I think it’s more fucked up to be shooting fireworks into people though.

So that fat bastard is a pretty horrible man and I suspect he’s going to get quite a few criminal charges from this.

Them blaming Birkenhead wools for shite like this always makes me laugh, apparently all the bad Merseysiders for any sort of incident are the little shits across the river like me. 

But yeah I don’t understand how so many people can be so partisan that they can’t just come out and quickly condemn the shitty actions of some people who’d obviously done things wrong. By silently sitting by and not saying a thing, it gives all of those people that like to shit on Scousers (aka, the rest of England) much more ammo to use. Whereas condemning a minority of people doing obviously wrong shit sends the message that behavior doesn’t represent us.

How shameful,  I would have loved to go out and celebrate but with the current Pandemic I wouldn't even risk it. I know all clubs have dickheads but when it's your own fans it is very shameful.

Hope the police catch the scum.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There’s video of that fat cunt not just shooting off fireworks at the building... but another video of him launching them right into a crowd of people that’s also there celebrating our title win.

That shit could take someone’s eye out, he was literally shooting them into a crowd of people.

Yeah it’s fucked up to be shooting shit at the city’s most iconic landmark and causing it to be set fire. I think it’s more fucked up to be shooting fireworks into people though.

So that fat bastard is a pretty horrible man and I suspect he’s going to get quite a few criminal charges from this.

Them blaming Birkenhead wools for shite like this always makes me laugh, apparently all the bad Merseysiders for any sort of incident are the little shits across the river like me. 

But yeah I don’t understand how so many people can be so partisan that they can’t just come out and quickly condemn the shitty actions of some people who’d obviously done things wrong. By silently sitting by and not saying a thing, it gives all of those people that like to shit on Scousers (aka, the rest of England) much more ammo to use. Whereas condemning a minority of people doing obviously wrong shit sends the message that behavior doesn’t represent us.

Yeah I saw that clip as well. It looked like he was aiming that one at the building too but it veered off into a crowd of people. Weird how he just picked up another one completely not arsed. Proper knuckle dragger.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Yeah I saw that clip as well. It looked like he was aiming that one at the building too but it veered off into a crowd of people. Weird how he just picked up another one completely not arsed. Proper knuckle dragger.

He’s a horrible bastard and I hope aside from whatever criminal charges he gets, that he’s also banned from Liverpool games forever. Along with any fucker launching fireworks at an icon of the city (and tbh a symbol of our club FFS, seeing as we use a Liver Bird on the badge).

At least this fat bastard looks pretty clearly identifiable from the video. Hope any others can be ID’d and punished as well.

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with people celebrating and having a bit of a party in the streets of Liverpool when all safety measures have gone to shit anyway. If you can now mingle freely in Primark or travel 2+ hours to go to a beach, you can do what Liverpool fans have done. It might not be advised but everything has gone to pot now and it’s beyond reparable from the government but that’s another discussion.

The unacceptable bit is the fire at the Liver Building if it’s been set deliberately or was from the couple of videos that are going viral of what looks like people deliberately aiming fireworks at the building. 

You always see pictures of streets the morning after these kind of events of litter everywhere which doesn’t look good but from my experience of big events like this, bins get filled easily so there’s little option in the end. 

I partially agree in that an precedent has been set, and it's unrealistic to expect any large group of people to behave more responsibly than they demonstrably have to. But there's a distinction between a lot of people going to the beach, to Primark, etc. individually or in small groups vs. explicitly going to the pier head or Anfield to gather with all the other Liverpool fans. In terms of the virus spreading it's meaningless, but the moral and legal distinction is real. I definitely understand the temptation to do it, but there we are. Completely agree on the litter thing. It's not ideal, but realistically what else can you do?

The fireworks aimed at the liver building are disgraceful and hopefully the law comes down on that guy. No doubt he's "not arsed about the Ev" while aiming fireworks at the city's most iconic landmark because it's got a bit of blue on it. Cretin

On 27/06/2020 at 09:54, LFCMadLad said:

yeah we will. When it was BLM protesters gathering though it was 'understandable' apparently?

I'm not saying it was ok to break social distancing but shorly you aren't saying football celebrations are as important  as civil rights protests?

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm not saying it was ok to break social distancing but shorly you aren't saying football celebrations are as important  as civil rights protests?

I think saving peoples lives by following social distancing is the most important thing! There is no excuse for anyone to be risking other people's lives regardless. 

On 27/06/2020 at 07:58, Smiley Culture said:

100%. Football is far more influential than people realize. It might be just a game, but people love it.

Drogba stopping a civil war, the whole Rashford thing, and a few other related stuff like Eric Murangwa being spared in the Rwandan genocide because he was a keeper. 

Archived