Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Brighton 1-3 Liverpool - Wednesday 8th July, 2020

Kick-off 20.15

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p     VS     155.png

Head to Head
Brighton - 4
Draws - 8
Liverpool - 18

Reverse Fixture
Liverpool 2-1 Brighton

Would like to see a good bit of game time for the younger lads in this. I’d be tempted to try Trent in the midfield for this with Neco Williams at the back. 

• Upvote 1

I don't see Trent in midfield any time soon and I don't know why people keep suggesting it.

I do think he'll rest the two full backs in one of the next two (not necessarily same game). Which is a chance for Williams to get some game time

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Would like to see a good bit of game time for the younger lads in this. I’d be tempted to try Trent in the midfield for this with Neco Williams at the back. 

I'm intrigued by the idea of this but frankly I don't want him starting to dream of moving out of a position he's among the best in the world in.

Neco Williams does warrant further minutes tho so it could be possible.

Definitely I'd like to see some rotation now, I'm not really interested whether we beat cities points really anymore'.

Test out your squad players. More time for Naby and Minamino.

Trent is amazing going forward, but nowhere near the same defensively. That can’t be argued surely? 

That’s why I’m suggesting it. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Trent is amazing going forward, but nowhere near the same defensively. That can’t be argued surely? 

That’s why I’m suggesting it. 

But part of the reason he's so good at full back is because he gets more space and time on the ball. Having Salah occupying players on the right helps and he knows the midfielders will cover if he's further forward.

Maybe in time when there's a change of system he might move there but I don't see why he would at the moment.

Don't like Chamberlain in the front three

Wouldn't be a bad idea to try out alternative systems either. These remaining games are a free hit and the perfect chance to try shit on the field.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Don't like Chamberlain in the front three

I dont either, would rather play Minamino.

Give 'em the sympathy win. If not for the love of the sport but for big Matty Ryan.

What an absolute gift for Salah xD 

Easy street and good pressing.

Lovely strike from Henderson.

Lol if you asked Liverpool to specify the exact opposition gameplan they would want to come up against, Brighton have found it. 

• Haha 2

Brighton should have scored there.

Alisson does well to just about get something on that from Maupay. 

Keita has been unreal, made 3 or 4 great chances just by nicking it and launching counters. 

The kind of performances you associate with his time at Leipzig. 

Should have stepped up to defend that.

Quality goal from Trossard. Brighton have deserved that based on last 15-20 mins.

Good goal from Brighton. Their rightback has had a really good half tbh, Neco Williams clearly has a lot of potential... but he's clearly not as good defensively as TAA, Robertson, or Milner.

Williams has been decent on the ball but aside from the last ditch block he's not having a good time defensively. To be fair, he's not getting much help from Chamberlain either. I think that's where Mane is underrated in that position, in helping out the full back

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Good goal from Brighton. Their rightback has had a really good half tbh, Neco Williams clearly has a lot of potential... but he's clearly not as good defensively as TAA, Robertson, or Milner.

And he's playing on his wrong side. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

And he's playing on his wrong side. 

Yeah - I'm not all that surprised though. Figured at least one of our fullbacks would be getting a rest here - and at this stage of the season (where the season's over for us) it makes more sense to go with Neco at leftback than Milner.

Robertson coming on for Neco. Bit early I think but then again Neco has had issues defensively. 

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Robertson coming on for Neco. Bit early I think but then again Neco has had issues defensively. 

I imagine Klopp has plans to play him in the remaining games and didn't want to risk him getting a red with how poor he had been and that Lamptey was doing well against him going forward.

Salah looks to his right and makes a pass to Mane and its goal number 3 but he goes it alone.

Just now, Mel81x said:

Salah looks to his right and makes a pass to Mane and its goal number 3.

Don't think he could get the ball from under his feet

Just now, Mel81x said:

Salah looks to his right and makes a pass to Mane and its goal number 3.

Does have a Sturridge-esque selfish tendency sometimes. I suppose he can back it up with the amount of other goals and assists he gets though!

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Don't think he could get the ball from under his feet

Think its actually the first touch after the pass that pushes it incorrectly and allows the defender to track back. If he pulls it back he still gets a chance to square it. Can't complain really because this isn't the first time hes done it.