talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

DeBruyne and Salah obviously stealing the headlines, but Hazard is quietly getting back to his absolute best. 

I did say last year that this season along with the world cup, will define him as a player. Looks to be at a new level playing behind the striker, and this is still the same man who had a broken ankle during pre-season. 

Improved a lot, but as i always state he is good when the team is good, very rarely caries the team when we are shit. Saying this he is much better behind Morata than he was on the wing and this season is a prime example. He equaled Zola's record of 80 goals for the club in all competitions. Zola scored two out of the 80 from the spot, while Hazard scored nineteen from the spot.

Edited by True Blue

Michael Emenalo isn't blameless for some of the things that have happened in the past but to put all the blame on him and use him as a scapegoat as some fans have done is baffling.

I love it when these types of interviews come out, always interesting to hear from people that work within the club and when they reveal stuff about how the club is run. He genuinely nearly convinces me here about why the loan system is good and why the way in which we treat the young players is better. I've never understood why the fans hate him, well I do, but they have always been misinformed for me.

Class.

https://talksport.com/football/chelsea-fc-exclusive-michael-emenalo-says-andreas-christensen-can-be-stamford-bridge-great

Our loan system isn't bad, plenty of players came out and said it did good things for them, prime example Christensen for his time in Germany. He came back matured played in a good team and was one of their best players. Obviously Conte decided he is the better option to Luiz who is either off in the summer or just not good enough. Very pleased with Andreas obviously not perfect makes some mistakes but with only 21 years of age he has loads of time to grow. In a time where players switch clubs very often i don't see him staying for a very long time but then you never know he might just become a Chelsea great like the great prophet Emenalo predicted.

Edited by True Blue

Ok, much to write.

Seen the weekend game a few times now. On the whole, their goal woke us up and from that point on we were impressive without scoring the amount of goals that should have been between the two sides. Sorry Cicero, your guy was outbattled by a little bloke for the first goal allowing the ball to become a bit like a pin ball as it finally ended up in our net. As much as I have been impressed with Christenson with the ball at his feet where he is well above average, when defending up tight he goes to ground far too quickly, pretty much folds like a pack of cards. I suggest he gets in the weight room. In his defence, I dont think it helps the continued changing of the back 3 by the manager. I think Moses will hope for Richie to be marking him for the rest of the season. I dont think I have seen him have such the upper hand over a guy for at least a season. Kante is in a class of his own and it must be said Drinkwater fits in, just does not seem to have that final pass, or finishing ability we would hope for. He could get better. Cesc was cesc, Hazard looked a million dollars, just cant finish for Toffee and needs to be taken off Penalties. Morata scored with his head again and continues to fall over far too often, although he should have got a penalty from the keeper in the first half. Good win, Newcastle are very poor.

Onto the crap being spoken by weakminded fools on Bakayoko. I am sure I dont need to point out to fellow Chelsea fans the agenda both the TV media and Written media have when speaking of our club. While Bakayoko has been pretty abysmal in front of goal over the last few games he has started, for anybody to talk down about the rest of his game is pretty much trying to fuel the weakminded into something that is wrong. He is a very powerful player who I believe, as well as the club is a HUGE upgrade on the guy who played there last season. When you hear the media dickheads talking his last few performances down, just think back to the games he played when he first came into the team, Tottenham at Wembley for instance. Outstanding prospect who will just get better with a season under his belt like all players new to this country.

Michael Emenalo.

For a long time I believed him to be the Spy in the camp, reporting directly to Roman. I was told that many of the players did not trust him during his early years and very few of the managers agreed with the many players he put forward as signings. As the years rolled and he saw off manager after manager, things are said to have got better with him and he became a well liked man at the club.

He even won Jose over when he returned to the club. Emenalo, on hearing Jose was returning offered his resignation to Roman, stating Jose would not want to work with him and it would be best if he moved on allowing Jose a free hand to start. As we all know Roman turned him down and Jose is said to have been very impressed with his offer and tried to make the relationship work from the start.

Granted over his time he made a few good signings, but for every good, there are 2 or 3 poor. We won alot of trophies while he was at the club so he couldnt have been all bad and I wish him well in Monaco. This move I find interesting when you think back to the side someone at Monaco put together last season, pretty much from scratch on the cheap n found themselves in the CL SF.

Lastly, news that Hazard, who kept bringing up his new contract at the start of the season when he had a busted ankle, has now refused to sign the new contract offered him, preferring to wait till the end of the season. I guess we better keep an eye on Real's season as we can do with a change of manager there.

'Well - average'  defending doesn't give you 5 clean sheets in 7 games and be undefeated. Nah I've seen Terry make those mistakes plenty. Using your arms as leverage for a header, especially against a small attacker, leads to a foul. Seen Terry commit them and Terry avoid them, just as Christensen did at the weekend. Poor positioning on his part but he wasn't the main culprit as to why Newcastle scored. 

Hazard avoiding a new contract is nothing new. He's said last summer he is waiting how the season pans out. Could stay or he could go. Just hope he realises it's not all sunshine and rainbows at Real. And if so, Real better fork over that cheque book and/or Asensio. 

The Bakayoko haters can fuck off, he did have a terrible game against Liverpool even i wrote it on here. Still to call him a bad player and a flop is premature he didn't have a single season in the Premiership. He will grow under Conte, he is very physical and that is perfect for the league, he needs to get better in passing and decision making. For me the currently worst thing he does is lose the ball and putting the team in a dangerous position.

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Probably saying all this even at Real i can't ever see Hazard getting Ballon de OR in his career.

He continues to play behind the striker, who knows. Looks more involved than at LW, which is what he needs to become great. 

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

The Bakayoko haters can fuck off, he did have a terrible game against Liverpool even i wrote it on here. Still to call him a bad player and a flop is premature he didn't have a single season in the Premiership. He will grow under Conte, he is very physical and that is perfect for the league, he needs to get better in passing and decision making. For me the currently worst thing he does is lose the ball and putting the team in a dangerous position.

Some comparing him ot Mikel xD

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He continues to play behind the striker, who knows. Looks more involved than at LW, which is what he needs to become great. 

Some comparing him ot Mikel xD

Mikel was a good player for us, people were used to the likes of Essien, Lamps and Ballack banging the goals in etc. Mikel always did a solid job, even tough he was error prone at times it was not as common or severe as "fans" suggest. Made a total of 372 appearances for the club, our shitty fan base can claim what they like all things combined he was decent for us.

57 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Mikel was a good player for us, people were used to the likes of Essien, Lamps and Ballack banging the goals in etc. Mikel always did a solid job, even tough he was error prone at times it was not as common or severe as "fans" suggest. Made a total of 372 appearances for the club, our shitty fan base can claim what they like all things combined he was decent for us.

Disagree completely. He held us back tremendously after 2013, where we should've shipped him off and brought in Chalobah. 

Always played it safe and was a deer in headlights under pressure. Far, far too passive. Remember reading a stat where Mikel was the only player in the team to play more backwards passes than forward. Wasn't technically gifted, wasn't a defensive powerhouse, didn't read the game at the top level .

In all honesty, he was just 'there'. Still can't believe we held on to him for that long. Wish we kept Tiago and never bought him. 

Edited by Cicero

It is funny reading all these opinions by Chelsea fans on Bakayoko. 

Everyone is saying how good he is but yet there is one fan saying his shooting is poor, another saying his decision making is lacking, another saying he gives the ball away in dangerous areas too often and another saying he’s sometimes weak on the ball. 

Anyone actually reading these assessments could only come to the conclusion that he’s absolutely shite xD

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It is funny reading all these opinions by Chelsea fans on Bakayoko. 

Everyone is saying how good he is but yet there is one fan saying his shooting is poor, another saying his decision making is lacking, another saying he gives the ball away in dangerous areas too often and another saying he’s sometimes weak on the ball. 

Anyone actually reading these assessments could only come to the conclusion that he’s absolutely shite xD

Or raw?

15 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD Fucking right, bout time someone else said it besides me. From the very beginning I said it, Monaco was the only winner out of that deal.

And how are Monaco doing in the league and Champions League? xD

• Subscriber

Looks like Zidane is pushing hard for Hazard in January, possibly in a swap for Bale. How would you feel about that? Losing Hazard mid season would be a blow but adding Bale could push you on if he's fit. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Looks like Zidane is pushing hard for Hazard in January, possibly in a swap for Bale. How would you feel about that? Losing Hazard mid season would be a blow but adding Bale could push you on if he's fit. 

Looks like it. Reckon him playing beneath Kane will push Real to catch up to Barca in the league

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Would be nice if Bale was ever fit

5 hours ago, Storts said:

I don't particularly like it but Bale isn't a bad player by any stretch of the imagination. It is a trade off between nuance and brute force though.