talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Devine and Drinkwater sent off for a couple of dodgy tackles going in and then some handbags ensuing... both deserved sendings off

Hahaha was quite funny, how long did that ref take to sort it out though 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Just seen the incident. That Spurs player is a right cunt isn't he? Goes in 2-footed then rolls round like prime Neymar when Drinkwater retaliates xD. What a twat.

I mean it was awful tackle but Drinkwater too, as bad as each other. 

Devine is class too, signed from Wigan this summer only 16 playing U23 football already. Top talent 

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

I mean it was awful tackle but Drinkwater too, as bad as each other. 

Devine is class too, signed from Wigan this summer only 16 playing U23 football already. Top talent 

Devine was worse.

2-footed on a stationary player. Clearly OTT. Drinkwater should know better than not to retaliate as a senior/experienced player but Devine was worse. 

Both did deserve red.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Devine was worse.

2-footed on a stationary player. Clearly OTT. Drinkwater should know better than not to retaliate as a senior/experienced player but Devine was worse. 

Both did deserve red.

I mean pointless arguing the merits of it, but drinkwater as a senior pro, reacting with a shocker of his own is definitely worse. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

It really isn't. 

xD

Oh come off it. One of them is a 16 year old kid, who made a bad tackle, (although did win the ball) but shouldn’t have been so reckless.

The other is a league winning senior professional that should know a lot better than petulantly reacting and trying to break the other guys leg. 

Both reds but drinkwater needs to take a long hard look at himself after that. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Storts said:

xD

Oh come off it. One of them is a 16 year old kid, who made a bad tackle, (although did win the ball) but shouldn’t have been so reckless.

The other is a league winning senior professional that should know a lot better than petulantly reacting and trying to break the other guys leg. 

The 2-footed tackle is worse cos its more dangerous than a kick out in retaliation :what:

If we're talking petulance then of course Drinkwater's is worse. 

You could arguably say Devine is worse anyway for his pathetic rolling around after the kick out xD :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Storts said:

xD

I've seen it loads of times where the senior pro's tired of being hacked to bits during the U23 match and does something petulant.

Is it a bad look from Drinkwater, 100%... but I do understand why players get upset and lash out when it happens in a youth match. I feel like it's sort of embedded into the culture of youth football, to show you can get stuck in against someone who's made it beyond the level they're at... but that doesn't make it right.

I can't defend him, but I don't really blame him either.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

20201217_185653.thumb.jpg.6eaefcdd811d62d9ce1b19264b95ef90.jpg

I never said it was a good tackle or wasn't a sending off - although he does actually win the ball, but clearly out of control, two footed etc and a clear red. 

Great player though, would be playing week in week out in League one as a 16 year old if he'd stayed at Wigan

Edited by Storts