talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

On 8/18/2017 at 2:12 PM, carefreeluke said:

xD

Funny stuff... 

I suppose when you pay players huge sums of money and they are mobbed at airports etc for autographs and have their faces plastered all over the TV and back pages of the papers they are bound to get an inflated sense of self worth.... 

Conte sums the whole thing up there in the first couple of minutes.. Laughable

Defensive, but very effective and a wonderful return to the winning form n heart on sleeve of last season.

For those who have ridiculed the decision to allow Matic to join a so called competitor, number 14 answered all.

Very impressive! Two feet wonderful engine competitive young and cheaper than the slower one footed version we allowed to leave.

Obviously more can be said on todays game, will be interested in other Chelsea fans thoughts?

24 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Defensive, but very effective and a wonderful return to the winning form n heart on sleeve of last season.

For those who have ridiculed the decision to allow Matic to join a so called competitor, number 14 answered all.

Very impressive! Two feet wonderful engine competitive young and cheaper than the slower one footed version we allowed to leave.

Obviously more can be said on todays game, will be interested in other Chelsea fans thoughts?

Didn't see the game but it has further reinforced Alonso's importance to thr attack

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Didn't see the game but it has further reinforced Alonso's importance to thr attack

Absolutely, point well made.

I am sure our Cicero will continue to argue the Juventus Left Back would truly enforce us down that side, but I continue to ask the cost of him over a guy who for me continues to get better, especially as you point out, going forward. Cicero may well have a point himself, however we must question if Sandro ever wanted to come to us? I fear he will drop into the basket of players who have used us to boost their wages.

So if not Sandro, someone else from left field with a left foot, a bit like Alonso himself? I hope we do not use Dave left side other than in emergency.

Natural left foot is a must.

3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Absolutely, point well made.

I am sure our Cicero will continue to argue the Juventus Left Back would truly enforce us down that side, but I continue to ask the cost of him over a guy who for me continues to get better, especially as you point out, going forward. Cicero may well have a point himself, however we must question if Sandro ever wanted to come to us? I fear he will drop into the basket of players who have used us to boost their wages.

So if not Sandro, someone else from left field with a left foot, a bit like Alonso himself? I hope we do not use Dave left side other than in emergency.

Natural left foot is a must.

Bertrand or Shaw. 

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Bertrand or Shaw. 

I like many Chelsea fans would love to see Bertrand return. He being allowed to leave was another poor decision Jose made. Word has it Ryan would walk back to Chelsea given the chance to return, however I remember reading during the back end of the last winter window when it emerged Conti was a fan of Ryan, that we would only return if he was first choice Left Back/ Wing back.

Shaw is as big a Chelsea fan as you and I. I am sure he would love to escape the nightmare that is Manchester United and obviously Chelsea would be his ideal move. Couple of things. I have taken strong notice of his career since he came through at Southampton and I picked up early that he would suffer from weight problems. He reminded me of Kenny Sansom when he first came through into the professional ranks, babyfaced blubber full back who excelled coming forward and very beatable defending. Obviously Sansom, once penciled in at Arsenal turned into one of the very best left full backs this little island has produced, yet I am unable to say with any confidence if Shaw will tread that same path of success. Next time you get to see Shaw, check out the size of his arse against the rest of his body. It's huge and I suggest the boy will continue to become slower as his career progresses.

Much banter between my Chelsea friends and I with a couple pointing out no matter what Alonso does in the future of his career with Chelsea or elsewhere, his cult status has been sealed with yesterdays performance. xD

He was almost in tears at the back end of last season when an interviewer brought up the chances must have improved for him to gain a full cap for Spain. As I am sure you know, both his grand father and father have full Spanish caps. Judging by his reaction in that interview it would mean alot to him if he were to make it as the third generation Spanish cap.

Fingers crossed! :ay:

12 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

What did he do well yesterday but hit the post?

Well quickly off the top of my head.... In the 2nd half he broke away with the ball from the half way line and passed the perfect ball through to our 70M CF who promptly ruined the golden chance by running around his left foot.

In the first half it was his dangerous run across the Tottenham defence allowing the ball to find Dave who crossed to our 70M new CF who promptly almost killed the corner flag.

From Willian's free kick in the first half, David Luiz was fouled which allowed Alonso to score.

Add in a tremendous work rate running down lost causes and overall high tempo.... He'll do for me over dickhead twitter accounts who rival my last shit in football knowledge.

Now I know Willian is a pet hate of yours and I have said before here how frustrating he can be at times, but for now, the upside is enough to keep him around.

26 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Well quickly off the top of my head.... In the 2nd half he broke away with the ball from the half way line and passed the perfect ball through to our 70M CF who promptly ruined the golden chance by running around his left foot.

In the first half it was his dangerous run across the Tottenham defence allowing the ball to find Dave who crossed to our 70M new CF who promptly almost killed the corner flag.

From Willian's free kick in the first half, David Luiz was fouled which allowed Alonso to score.

Add in a tremendous work rate running down lost causes and overall high tempo.... He'll do for me over dickhead twitter accounts who rival my last shit in football knowledge.

Now I know Willian is a pet hate of yours and I have said before here how frustrating he can be at times, but for now, the upside is enough to keep him around.

For the record, I would keep him around as a squad player, I like him and I wouldn't go to the extents of what some do on Twitter however as a football fan I state what I see. The only thing you mention there really which was noteworthy is the pass to Morata. It was a difficult game for Willian to play in as much of the counter attacking threat fell on him without Hazard or Pedro but this isn't one game, that type of performance from him happens regularly. He was dispossessed or lost the ball over ten times on Sunday, his work rate has dropped since Mourinho as well. Willian is a good player but there's something wrong if you want to be a top team and he's starting for you every week (which he doesn't for us under Conte anyway) for me he's overrated by general football fans as he scores the odd good goal here and there.

Edited by carefreeluke

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Much banter between my Chelsea friends and I with a couple pointing out no matter what Alonso does in the future of his career with Chelsea or elsewhere, his cult status has been sealed with yesterdays performance. xD

He was almost in tears at the back end of last season when an interviewer brought up the chances must have improved for him to gain a full cap for Spain. As I am sure you know, both his grand father and father have full Spanish caps. Judging by his reaction in that interview it would mean alot to him if he were to make it as the third generation Spanish cap.

Fingers crossed! :ay:

Shouldn't even be allowed to play football though. He's scum

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd still like us to make 3 more signings but that is asking way too much at this rate. 

God knows what's going on, and it's evident even Conte doesn't know. 

Judging by our managers change of attitude & return to enthusiasm infront of the camera, I would say its been made "Crystal Clear" to him in the past week.

Baring in mind how we ended the window this time last year, we should be confident there will be signings.

However, the standard of those signings are very much up for debate. xD

Anyone here gonna run round their garden with their shirt over their head if Drinkwater turns up? :ay:

12 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Judging by our managers change of attitude & return to enthusiasm infront of the camera, I would say its been made "Crystal Clear" to him in the past week.

Baring in mind how we ended the window this time last year, we should be confident there will be signings.

However, the standard of those signings are very much up for debate. xD

Anyone here gonna run round their garden with their shirt over their head if Drinkwater turns up? :ay:

No but I might have to suppress a chuckle or two.

45 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

No but I might have to suppress a chuckle or two.

xD   ~ See why we carted off slow Matic at the weekend Mate? Bakayoko, Young Mobile Two footed outstanding engine AND less than we got for the bloke who we didnt play in the standard of games you are winning this season!

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

xD   ~ See why we carted off slow Matic at the weekend Mate? Bakayoko, Young Mobile Two footed outstanding engine AND less than we got for the bloke who we didnt play in the standard of games you are winning this season!

Actually I thought Bakayoko looked a bit clumsy, I know he is not match fit but, he sure crashed into a fair number of Spurs players.  He gave up the foul that led to the own goal and just after that gave up a foul on the edge of the box that Spurs should have down better from.    I would have to see him  play a few times more before I pass judgement.

There are all sorts of rumours passing through Europe's media (especially in Italy) that Antonio Conte could be on his way out of Chelsea FC.

Apparently the relationship between him and a number of the board has reached boiling point and could be at a stage of no return.  This could be just more unfounded rumours but it's now attached itself to practically every European national sports newspaper.  They're even mentioning replacements that could come in for Chelsea in the shape of Luis Enrique or Thomas Tuchel.