talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.98146cbc390c3005db30730a43af42f8.png

Frank Lampard: Chelsea appoint former midfielder as manager

Chelsea have appointed former midfielder Frank Lampard as their manager on a three-year deal.

Lampard, 41, has left Championship side Derby County to take over at a club where he spent 13 years as a player.

He succeeds Maurizio Sarri, who left Stamford Bridge in June to take charge of Italian champions Juventus.

Lampard led Derby to the Championship play-off final, where they lost to Aston Villa, in his first season as a manager.

The former England international made 648 Chelsea appearances, winning 11 major trophies with them.

He takes over with Chelsea under a transfer embargo after the club were given a two-window transfer ban by world governing body Fifa - a decision they are appealing against at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48632172

On 05/07/2019 at 11:07, Cicero said:

Reckon this is what we'll see against United. Not too terrible

Kepa

Dave---Christensen---Luiz----Emerson

Jorginho

Kante------Kovacic

Pedro-----------------------Pulisic

Giroud

Pulisic is still at the Gold Cup, I know it ends tonight, but won't he want close to a month off?  Will not give him much training time with Chelsea.  

While we are on the question of Pulisic, how much of the loss of the offense that Hazard created will he pick up?  (Thinking of my fantasy team). 

21 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Pulisic is still at the Gold Cup, I know it ends tonight, but won't he want close to a month off?  Will not give him much training time with Chelsea.  

While we are on the question of Pulisic, how much of the loss of the offense that Hazard created will he pick up?  (Thinking of my fantasy team). 

I think @Cicero has said before (and I've seen this said by lots of Chelsea fans elsewhere on the internet tbh) that Pulisic is most likely more of a long term replacement for Willian/Pedro. I think given his stats last season and comparing them to Hazard's, expecting him to pick up that same sort of contribution is unlikely. But I think that he'll have a better season than his last year at Dortmund - and because Hazard is gone and because he was so important to how they played... those goals will have to be replaced and my guess is they'll probably be spread around the team more. So no one player will really be replacing Hazard, it'll take a team effort to come close to replacing him. If Chelsea play well, I suspect Pulisic will get his share of replacing Hazard's contribution - but I suspect that it'll be spread out amongst the other Chelsea attackers as well.

• Upvote 2

13 more players joined the pre season, we have well over 30 players now. Pulišić and Miazga should also join after finishing their Gold Cup campaign.

Full team at the moment:

Kepa Arrizabalaga
Willy Caballero
Cesar Azpilicueta
Davide Zappacosta
Kurt Zouma
Ethan Ampadu
Marcos Alonso
Andreas Christensen
David Luiz
Emerson Palmieri
Mateo Kovacic
N’Golo Kante
Jorginho
Danny Drinkwater
Ross Barkley
Tiemoue Bakayoko
Kenedy
Pedro
Mason Mount
Izzy Brown
Lewis Baker
Kasey Palmer
Michy Batshuayi
Olivier Giroud
Tammy Abraham
Fikayo Tomori
Trevoh Chalobah
Dujon Sterling
Lucas Piazon
Jamie Cumming
Marc Guehi
Conor Gallagher
Ike Ugbo
Billy Gilmour
Ian Maatsen

Edited by True Blue

On 08/07/2019 at 18:51, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think @Cicero has said before (and I've seen this said by lots of Chelsea fans elsewhere on the internet tbh) that Pulisic is most likely more of a long term replacement for Willian/Pedro. I think given his stats last season and comparing them to Hazard's, expecting him to pick up that same sort of contribution is unlikely. But I think that he'll have a better season than his last year at Dortmund - and because Hazard is gone and because he was so important to how they played... those goals will have to be replaced and my guess is they'll probably be spread around the team more. So no one player will really be replacing Hazard, it'll take a team effort to come close to replacing him. If Chelsea play well, I suspect Pulisic will get his share of replacing Hazard's contribution - but I suspect that it'll be spread out amongst the other Chelsea attackers as well.

Yea, I don't think anyone in their right mind could think he would just plop straight in and be the new Hazard, that kind of talent is fairly rare but with Hazard gone now the whole team will need to be stepping up because he is no longer around to save the day... Hard to replace but not impossible to get by without.. I have seen lot's of good stuff from Pulisic but against opposition that one might expect him to shine against so can't read too much into that but he does look like a decent player when he is on his game so will add something new to the side.. hopefully he has a decent season and settles quickly.. 

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Have to agree with JFH that Bats looks hungry... 

Only positive this first half. Can only assume that with the lack of quality we have at ST, Lampard will keep Giroud, Bats, and Tammy to keep them competitive. 

Couldn't get a lot from that to be honest...  The only standout for me was Batshuayi who seemed to be putting in a lot of effort to be part of the long term plan, some decent effort in places but equally some poor ones but it's only a rust remover... so many more players to come back yet as well, plenty of games to come yet

90% of the players won’t ever be used. The likes of Piazon, Baker, and Brown need to leave. They aren’t kids anymore. 

Man that was a tough watch. A chance to make a name for yourself in front of Lamps and the majority didn’t look bothered. Just hope Lampard isn’t a ‘nice guy’. 

Love the fact that our official page went to a meltdown after a pre season draw with a B to C squad Jesus Christ. In the first it was okay i guess, Drinkwater fairly struggled against Bohemians think we should give a youngster a chance and let him leave on his huge wages. In the second the kids were poor, perhaps it was a too young team but apart from Gilmour none showed much promise. The older should be sold the younger should be kept on loan. No reason to keep a player who is already 23 or 24+ but didn't improve. 

Edited by True Blue

39 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Love the fact that our official page went to a meltdown after a pre season draw with a B to C squad Jesus Christ. In the first it was okay i guess, Drinkwater fairly struggled against Bohemians think we should give a youngster a chance and let him leave on his huge wages. In the second the kids were poor, perhaps it was a too young team but apart from Gilmour none showed much promise. The older should be sold the younger should be kept on loan. No reason to keep a player who is already 23 or 24+ but didn't improve. 

Internet, brings out the stupid in many. And every club has those morons. 

@topic

Piazon is still alive. Remember him being good on FM. 

• Upvote 1