talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forums

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We know his views moved further to the right. As a 17 year old he made a $15 donation to a democratic PAC, by 18 he had registered Republican.

image.thumb.jpeg.da670a57d604788d5dc5ca4441b51d64.jpeg

guess he didn’t make that $15 minute donation either

• Subscriber

I've been reading how this shooter wasn't allowed into the rifling club at his high school because he was such a bad shot or something.

My takeaway here is, what the fuck is a country that has rifling ranges in high schools? Fucking insane.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Coma said:

Possibly the fucktards standing there pumping their fists and chanting USA don't have the necessary motor skills or the requisite minimum number of firing neurons to recognize their lives were in danger.

Or maybe they're just used to gunfire considering there are probably one billion guns registered to the mouth breathers that attend these events.

Maybe if you chant USA USA USA hard enough hypoxia prevents secondary motor functions.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Coma said:

Possibly the fucktards standing there pumping their fists and chanting USA don't have the necessary motor skills or the requisite minimum number of firing neurons to recognize their lives were in danger.

Or maybe they're just used to gunfire considering there are probably one billion guns registered to the mouth breathers that attend these events.

Maybe if you chant USA USA USA hard enough hypoxia prevents secondary motor functions.

• Subscriber

A part of me still thinks this was staged.  Trump obviously discounted the lives of security and staffers during the insurrection so why wouldn't he do the same now?  It would not surprise me if it came out that there were some far-right motives behind this.

Edit to add that the unfortunate father that lost his life at the rally is being touted as a hero.  I'm sure his family will double-down for Trump, which would be the exact reaction that lunatic would want.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I've been reading how this shooter wasn't allowed into the rifling club at his high school because he was such a bad shot or something.

My takeaway here is, what the fuck is a country that has rifling ranges in high schools? Fucking insane.

Gun ranges and rifling clubs at school, lmao what the fuck

20 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Not saying it was staged, yet can't see how former political assasination attempts constitute that one isn't staged?

*recent assassination attempts, an indication of a trend of increased violence in politics

Edited by Azeem

This tweet by the guy who died in the Trump shooting has gained traction. He replied to Piers Morgan's tweet about the devastation in Palestine that 'they'll get over it' like the Japanese did (after the nuclear bombings). Says much about him as a person but think his family should be left alone at this time. 

46 minutes ago, Azeem said:

This tweet by the guy who died in the Trump shooting has gained traction. He replied to Piers Morgan's tweet about the devastation in Palestine that 'they'll get over it' like the Japanese did (after the nuclear bombings). Says much about him as a person but think his family should be left alone at this time. 

So far the shooter's death seems the worst one.

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
On 15/07/2024 at 04:04, Coma said:

A part of me still thinks this was staged.  Trump obviously discounted the lives of security and staffers during the insurrection so why wouldn't he do the same now?  It would not surprise me if it came out that there were some far-right motives behind this.

Edit to add that the unfortunate father that lost his life at the rally is being touted as a hero.  I'm sure his family will double-down for Trump, which would be the exact reaction that lunatic would want.

I was kind of thinking the same in allot of ways but I also someone make the point that Trump particularly likes to surround himself with sycophants and that includes his security detail. It wouldnt be surprising at all if they weren't particularly good at their jobs xD

On the one hand Im shocked its taken this long for an attempt on his life on the other I actually think assassinating him at this point would probably do more harm. The magaism is rampant and with or without him thats carrying on. If he was taken out it would undoubtedly become a rallying point for allot of people on the fence about him and the retrumplicans in general and likely be a boon to the election. The worry isnt really as much Trump as hes dumb as balls and really is mostly in it for himself, the worry is more who replaces Trump if something like this was successful. Take JD Vance for instance (his most likely VP still at this stage) hes far smarter then Trump, hes already flip flopped and backflipped over himself trying to become a Maga lord now and threw away his spine along with the texts and recordings and public records of him denouncing Trump and even comparing him to possibly Hitler. Im far more scared of power hungry cretins like him and De Santis as they have brains and know what their doing is wrong but doing it anyways. 

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I was kind of thinking the same in allot of ways but I also someone make the point that Trump particularly likes to surround himself with sycophants and that includes his security detail. It wouldnt be surprising at all if they weren't particularly good at their jobs xD

On the one hand Im shocked its taken this long for an attempt on his life on the other I actually think assassinating him at this point would probably do more harm. The magaism is rampant and with or without him thats carrying on. If he was taken out it would undoubtedly become a rallying point for allot of people on the fence about him and the retrumplicans in general and likely be a boon to the election. The worry isnt really as much Trump as hes dumb as balls and really is mostly in it for himself, the worry is more who replaces Trump if something like this was successful. Take JD Vance for instance (his most likely VP still at this stage) hes far smarter then Trump, hes already flip flopped and backflipped over himself trying to become a Maga lord now and threw away his spine along with the texts and recordings and public records of him denouncing Trump and even comparing him to possibly Hitler. Im far more scared of power hungry cretins like him and De Santis as they have brains and know what their doing is wrong but doing it anyways. 

Trumpism would die with Donnie Dump, no one had the charisma or whatever the fuck he has. It’s a populist ideology built on a personality cult and without the unifying personality it’d splinter and cannibalise itself once a leadership spill happens. It doesn’t have a centralised or codified ideology at all, the only things it has in this capacity are think tank manifestos tacked on as a +1.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Trumpism would die with Donnie Dump, no one had the charisma or whatever the fuck he has. It’s a populist ideology built on a personality cult and without the unifying personality it’d splinter and cannibalise itself once a leadership spill happens. It doesn’t have a centralised or codified ideology at all, the only things it has in this capacity are think tank manifestos tacked on as a +1.

Im not sure really, I could see it either way. The playbook has been created and clearly worked to some degree. If his replacement for arguement sake just keeps using the same trumpisms and repeat the garbage I dont think they would lose any support really. We're actually seeing some of the trickle down of Magaism in our politics here at the moment, and this is partly why I kept tabs on things...inevitably it was going to happen. Most politicians are slaves for power and if thats whats working or thats what would seemingly work they would sell their souls no problem. If they where going to cut ties and had decided it was over it would have happened after the last election and they would have gone in a different direction. On the other hand its easy to change directions if hes out of the picture and his sway is gone  :what:

It will be interesting to see what happens if they lose this coming election. The Republican party is mostly all in on this. 

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Im not sure really, I could see it either way. The playbook has been created and clearly worked to some degree. If his replacement for arguement sake just keeps using the same trumpisms and repeat the garbage I dont think they would lose any support really. We're actually seeing some of the trickle down of Magaism in our politics here at the moment, and this is partly why I kept tabs on things...inevitably it was going to happen. Most politicians are slaves for power and if thats whats working or thats what would seemingly work they would sell their souls no problem. If they where going to cut ties and had decided it was over it would have happened after the last election and they would have gone in a different direction. On the other hand its easy to change directions if hes out of the picture and his sway is gone  :what:

It will be interesting to see what happens if they lose this coming election. The Republican party is mostly all in on this. 

It doesn't matter if they do or don't continue with the Trumpism, that isn't the point. The point is that they are self-interested and without a tentpole they splinter and factionalise, with every drongo trying to replace the leader they'll grind each other out until either the movement collapses and is replaced or someone unites them but only after crushing a lot of opponents and weakening their ally pool. It's taken Trump well over a decade to amass this support not just popular but internal support, it took years of consolidation for even his VP to coalesce to Trumpism.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

This Vance fella he's picked for his running mate seems like a charmer, calling the UK the first Islamist state with nuclear weapons now that Labour have won. Not dangerous or racist at all.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

This Vance fella he's picked for his running mate seems like a charmer, calling the UK the first Islamist state with nuclear weapons now that Labour have won. Not dangerous or racist at all.

The guy is an absolute dickhead. 99% of the policy he supports is basically the worst possible position a politician can have on any given issue.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Spike said:

There's idiots who think that Trump is working behind the scenes with JFK Jr. - even though JFK Jr. has been dead for 25 years (just googled it and today's the 25th anniversary, weirdly). I think if he kicks the bucket a few of them will do some mental gymnastics to convince themselves he's not really dead and is guiding some other politician behind the scenes.

That's the weirdo q anon idiots - which aren't the entirety of his base, but they do make up a decent portion.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There's idiots who think that Trump is working behind the scenes with JFK Jr. - even though JFK Jr. has been dead for 25 years (just googled it and today's the 25th anniversary, weirdly). I think if he kicks the bucket a few of them will do some mental gymnastics to convince themselves he's not really dead and is guiding some other politician behind the scenes.

That's the weirdo q anon idiots - which aren't the entirety of his base, but they do make up a decent portion.

These guys think Trump works.

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Seems to be breaking all over the place but apparently Biden tested positive for Covid. 

Meanwhile Schumer and Jeffries seem to be pushing for him to step out of the race. I think Biden's going to be pushed out in the coming days.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The guy is an absolute dickhead. 99% of the policy he supports is basically the worst possible position a politician can have on any given issue.

No wonder Trump chose him. 

Sounds like a dangerous human being, let alone politician.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Meanwhile Schumer and Jeffries seem to be pushing for him to step out of the race. I think Biden's going to be pushed out in the coming days.

I had heard Pelosi was pushing too. The first domino was a huge chunk of funding... follow the money. Looks like it will probably happen.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stan said:

No wonder Trump chose him. 

Sounds like a dangerous human being, let alone politician.

It’s actually a weird choice because he’s basically a mini-Trump like DeSantis, but with less of a personality that gives off “ew wtf is wrong with him.”

Typically, candidates pick a running mate that cover for their weaknesses (Obama was criticised for inexperience & foreign policy - picked Biden to make up for that; Trump used to not poll that great with the religious right so he picked a zealot in Pence to bring them on board, etc). Trump’s not really done that. He mostly appeals to the base.

Maybe the thought is a guy who came from poverty to becoming a senator and writing a bestselling book that got a movie adaptation is a story that might pull middle American swing voters.

For me, a guy coming from poverty and then becoming a prominent politician in the party that makes life as tough as possible for the working class just makes me think he’s a cunt.

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I had heard Pelosi was pushing too. The first domino was a huge chunk of funding... follow the money. Looks like it will probably happen.

Yeah Pelosi apparently said she's concerned if Biden doesn't pull out, it's likely they lose the house.

Polling indicates that with Biden staying or pulling out, at the moment they're likely to lose the presidency anyways. But Biden not being in the race seems to increase the likelihood of democrat turnout to the point where they can likely keep the house.

• Upvote 2

On 17/07/2024 at 13:59, RandoEFC said:

GSjjUaDXQAASKU5.thumb.jpeg.a280bd5b0f03e74832da3423d891bea4.jpeg

Surely this can't be real?