talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool - Sunday 4th October, 2020

football forums

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

There will be some massive reaction to this and understandably so but Klopp will keep a level head about it. It’s unprecedented in modern times but you can explain how it’s happened. I don’t see Liverpool doing any more business tomorrow so they’ll have knuckle down. 

I thought Keita would do it but I think that’s maybe his last chance gone. Thiago will give you more control too. Give that Irish lad a chance in goal, Adrian looks abysmal.

Nah bollocks. Keita's class. He had a stinker today, but he was far from the only one and he's probably been our best midfielder since the restart. He'll be fine

Kelleher (that Irish lad) is total shit mate. Seriously

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

It’s not panic though, said about a CB for a while. The bad games from Gomez are coming more frequently. Fabinho and that high line is suicide against teams that play like Villa did tonight. More teams are going to exploit it, especially after this one. 

I agree we need a better back up keeper but Gomez is a young centre back and Klopp won't let that kind of performance happen again. The keeper is a big problem. From the distribution to his shot stopping. Villa don't try so many pot shots that result in deflections if Alisson is in goal. Alisson needs to keep himself fit or we need a better back up

11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

There will be some massive reaction to this and understandably so but Klopp will keep a level head about it. It’s unprecedented in modern times but you can explain how it’s happened. I don’t see Liverpool doing any more business tomorrow so they’ll have knuckle down. 

I thought Keita would do it but I think that’s maybe his last chance gone. Thiago will give you more control too. Give that Irish lad a chance in goal, Adrian looks abysmal.

Have you watched Kelleher? He's even worse, like proper crap

Just now, LFCMike said:

Have you watched Kelleher? He's even worse, like proper crap

No, but didn’t know if was worth a shot over Adrian.

Adrian wasn’t so bad at the start of last year but he can’t play the sweeper keeper and means you’ll have to set up differently. You can’t play that high line.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I agree we need a better back up keeper but Gomez is a young centre back and Klopp won't let that kind of performance happen again. The keeper is a big problem. From the distribution to his shot stopping. Villa don't try so many pot shots that result in deflections if Alisson is in goal. Alisson needs to keep himself fit or we need a better back up

What does "won't let that kind of performance happen again" mean? Because if Matip's out (and he often is) then Klopp has no choice but to leave Gomez in or seriously weaken the midfield by moving Fabinho back

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

What does "won't let that kind of performance happen again" mean? Because if Matip's out (and he often is) then Klopp has no choice but to leave Gomez in or seriously weaken the midfield by moving Fabinho back

He's quite good at coaching ya know? Gomez will get better. He's showed that he's a really good centre back over a long period of time. If we move Fabinho there then it's not a massive problem if players like Henderson and Thiago are available

Gomez has the worst game in a Liverpool kit. The worst. You can just say “Klopp won’t let it happen”...what, is he gonna get his boots on and get in the back line himself? You can’t be sure that Gomez isn’t going to have more terrible games (he’s had plenty) and considering he’s not entirely reliable himself when it comes to staying fit I’d say another CB is a reasonable request. 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, shut up said:

Grealish was class today. On his way to becoming one of the best players in the league. 

Not too sure about Gomez tbh, think Liverpool could do with another CB

Should be starting every game for England but no doubt group stage Gareth plays someone like Winks.

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Doesn't sound good about Alisson. Klopp said 'a few weeks'in his post match

I don't think we get Alisson back till the third game after the international break from what I gather. Lets just hope thats not the case.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He's quite good at coaching ya know? Gomez will get better. He's showed that he's a really good centre back over a long period of time. If we move Fabinho there then it's not a massive problem if players like Henderson and Thiago are available

‘Gomez will get better’ you don’t know that, looking over the years, more often than not it doesn’t happen.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Gomez has the worst game in a Liverpool kit. The worst. You can just say “Klopp won’t let it happen”...what, is he gonna get his boots on and get in the back line himself? You can’t be sure that Gomez isn’t going to have more terrible games (he’s had plenty) and considering he’s not entirely reliable himself when it comes to staying fit I’d say another CB is a reasonable request. 

No but he's pretty good at fixing mistakes. Have you not seen that since he took over? Gomez has had a few bad games recently but he's been boss in plenty of others. Him and Van Dijk barely conceded a goal in a couple of years.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Alisson bails out (that's not really the right term because it's part of the game plan, but we'll go with it) the high line so many times. Adrian just wasn't doing that tonight. I'm obviously not pinning all of this on him, because that's insane and so many players had stinkers, but Alisson stops at least 3 of those goals directly and we probably don't get in a position to concede a couple more in the first place. He really is so important to this team and while we obviously can't get another one as backup, we need to do better than Adrian. Someone who can do the sweeper keeper thing. This "what do you expect from a backup" attitude just isn't good enough if Alisson can't get over the injury issues (the medical staff will have a view on that). At that point, it's a player who's playing ~10 meaningful games a season for us and you wouldn't accept that level of drop off from any other position

I don't think it's an overreaction to say if you had Alisson you'd have probably won that game. Football's a game of ridiculously fine margins, if X doesn't happen Y doesn't happen, if Y doesn't happen Z doesn't happen etc... you played a game that needs a proactive keeper and you had one who was reactive, and shit as well, it was suicidal stuff. Villa scored three deflected goals earlier that they probably don't even attempt if Alisson is in goal.

Don't get me wrong, Liverpool were awful and Villa were superb, but that was a bit of a freak as well.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

‘Gomez will get better’ you don’t know that, looking over the years, more often than not it doesn’t happen.

Not sure where you're coming from here tbh. He's a 23 year old CB. He'll get better under Klopp

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Wanna swap? 😂

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Not sure where you're coming from here tbh. He's a 23 year old CB. He'll get better under Klopp

Wanna swap? 😂

You cannot prove that he will get better, how do you know he isn’t peaking already? How often do people say ‘he will get better’ and they never do? You are putting a lot of faith in a player that isn’t good enough now, being good enough in the future, well it is a shame then that football is played in the present. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

You cannot prove that he will get better, how do you know he isn’t peaking already? How often do people say ‘he will get better’ and they never do? You are putting a lot of faith in a player that isn’t good enough now, being good enough in the future, well it is a shame then that football is played in the present. 

You cannot prove he won't though. Klopp is pretty good at improving players. Gomez has had a few bad games recently but prior to that he was great and to most he was definitely the choice alongside VanDijk. He's had a few bad games but his previous form shows there's plenty to work with. Young players go through bad patches

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

In fairness, there's a difference between being good enough and playing well enough. Gomez isn't playing well enough often enough recently, but he's proven over the past few years that he absolutely is good enough.

Archived