talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheff Utd 2-3 Man Utd - Thursday 17th December, 2020

football forums

• Administrator

How long does Wilder have left?

I get there's loyalty to him given the promotions and last season's performance but 1 point from 13 games is really poor.

There have been worse sides over the years who do end up getting relegated that don't do this badly.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Sheff Utd 2-3 Man Utd - Thursday 17th December, 2020
30 minutes ago, Stan said:

How long does Wilder have left?

I get there's loyalty to him given the promotions and last season's performance but 1 point from 13 games is really poor.

There have been worse sides over the years who do end up getting relegated that don't do this badly.

If it was me personally, I'd give him 2 matches to get 6 points. If he loses/draws the first of those matches, it's probably time for the sack.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If it was me personally, I'd give him 2 matches to get 6 points. If he loses/draws the first of those matches, it's probably time for the sack.

Their next 3 are Brighton, Everton & Burnley. If he doesn’t get at least 4 points from those three he should absolutely be sacked. 

43 minutes ago, Inverted said:

They've spent 25 mil on a striker the manager didn't want, and almost 20 mil on a decent Championship goalie.

Meanwhile, they're playing Phil Jagielka at CB against Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.

That's not the sign of a club with its priorities in order. 

Well, yea he did come on due to the Berge injury but nonetheless that is an incredibly negative change from Wilder.

When you have the poorest owner in the league, the signings.. especially the big ones have to be spot on and we’ve blown it on duds this season and we will pay the price for that. Sacking Wilder still seems pointless at this stage, there is nobody available and they’ll have £0 to spend in Jan, if we can freshen up the squad next season he’s still the best man for the job. that’s just the reality of our structural and financial situation, the Prem will have our owner tempted to push the button but all the success we’ve had is because of Wilder and nobody else.

1 hour ago, DNA said:

Well, yea he did come on due to the Berge injury but nonetheless that is an incredibly negative change from Wilder.

When you have the poorest owner in the league, the signings.. especially the big ones have to be spot on and we’ve blown it on duds this season and we will pay the price for that. Sacking Wilder still seems pointless at this stage, there is nobody available and they’ll have £0 to spend in Jan, if we can freshen up the squad next season he’s still the best man for the job. that’s just the reality of our structural and financial situation, the Prem will have our owner tempted to push the button but all the success we’ve had is because of Wilder and nobody else.

I'm presuming you don't mean poor as in terms of wealth and investment? Your not spend on transfers over the last 18 months superseeds ours of the last six years.

I blame the signing of Sander Berge.

Up to that moment, John Lundstrum was not only the GOAT of FPL bargains but was generally having a fantastic season.

It really upset the applecart and Sheff Utd seemed to lose that drive he gave them in midfield. 

19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm presuming you don't mean poor as in terms of wealth and investment? Your not spend on transfers over the last 18 months superseeds ours of the last six years.

Our pauper of an owner who won the club in a fortunate legal battle has merely spent what Wilder FC generated as a club by having Wilder ‘single hand-idly’ get us to the Prem with this lot, fair play to the owner though for even doing that. What I’m saying is, the right recruitment makes or breaks a club like ours when reaching these levels and we pissed it up the wall this season on Ramsdale, a bunch of squad fillers and mr no football IQ Brewster.

We’ve also got the lowest average wage in the league, literally a comedy how tight we are.

Sheff Utd: £728,000

Crystal Palace: £2,887,500

(Report, 2019)

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Up to that moment, John Lundstrum was not only the GOAT of FPL bargains but was generally having a fantastic season.

It really upset the applecart and Sheff Utd seemed to lose that drive he gave them in midfield. 

In a dream world, we re-signed Brooks from Bournemouth that January window last season, but then I wake up. Berge does kind of disrupt our system, definitely a player there though just not right for us. Hopefully we can cash out on him in the Championship and re-invest well this time.

• Subscriber

It is weird with Wilder, I do feel like he's genuinely added so much to them as a team but this is such a bad run it's almost impossible to be any worse. I dunno all the ins and outs with them though. The recruitment has been poor. They've spent more than gets acknowledged.

10 hours ago, DNA said:

Our pauper of an owner who won the club in a fortunate legal battle has merely spent what Wilder FC generated as a club by having Wilder ‘single hand-idly’ get us to the Prem with this lot, fair play to the owner though for even doing that. What I’m saying is, the right recruitment makes or breaks a club like ours when reaching these levels and we pissed it up the wall this season on Ramsdale, a bunch of squad fillers and mr no football IQ Brewster.

We’ve also got the lowest average wage in the league, literally a comedy how tight we are.

Sheff Utd: £728,000

Crystal Palace: £2,887,500

(Report, 2019)

You cannot use the word tight when you've spent over £100,000,000.

13 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You cannot use the word tight when you've spent over £100,000,000.

You certainly can when those players are on £20 a week and a snickers bar mate, the 100 year instalment ‘transfer fees’ is all we can do. The money spent has all been justified from a ‘standard’ being a Premier League club for 2 seasons (looking at £260m+ according to Swiss ramble), even more so since at this point last season we had pretty much guaranteed we’d be here again. 

• Subscriber

Started to watch the match and saw Sheffield 'Henderson' United go 1-0 up and thought here we go, then just gritted my teeth and watched the whole match, hid my eyes every time United scored in case they zoomed in on Ole and his gnomish grin.

The only consolation about Sheffields second goal is that it was not a corner that was given to Sheffield as it hit a Sheffields players boot then went out, but saying all that we still can't defend a fucking corner, I wish captain square head would emigrate somewhere else, he is nowhere near being a United captain, he could not organize 2 cats shitting in a garden.  

• The topic was unpinned

Bit off topic, but unlike Wilder I don’t personally mind some members of the press calling us ‘Sheffield’, quite like it, because yes we are the only club in Sheffield ;), so might as well drop the other identifiers. 

Looks almost inevitable now but be a shame for Sheffield United to go down, it's a great footballing city and a great ground. They definitely overachieved last season but this points tally is just embarrassing so far,  they don't seem to be as inept as Derby from what I've seen but this sort of negative form builds its own momentum just like positive form does. I hope they don't sack Wilder, really like him and think he has the ability to turn this round at some point.

14 hours ago, Lucas said:

Of all the players in this team I fancy him to go on and have the most successful career. If he went to somebody like Southampton I could see him stepping up his performances somewhat in that system with that ethos and with better players.

The problem with Sheffield United is that they don’t have the quality, that team is largely a group of Championship level players that rode the wave of successive promotions, Wilder’s man management and new style of play teams were yet to work out.

Theyre probably where they should be, when the organisation goes you want to hope you’ve got talent in the ranks to push you forward but Sheffield United are largely a team of hard workers who rely on organisation because no one really stands out as a great attacking player.

I’d like to see Wilder given a bit of money and see what he can achieve with a better team. Not completely sold on the style of football but Dyche has consistently punched above his own weight with Burnley play a style of football that is more reminiscent of experiencing coronavirus than watching football

Archived