talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-3 LIVERPOOL - Thursday 28th January, 2021

football forums

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LFCMike Sorry, not Napoli. Got him mixed up there haha. Still, Zenit and Valencia are good enough.

Klopp clearly wants somebody and you get the feeling he is frustrated by the “I can’t spend the money” statements he put out the other day. There’s no way he isn’t tearing his hair out. 

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

@LFCMike Sorry, not Napoli. Got him mixed up there haha. 

Klopp clearly wants somebody and you get the feeling he is frustrated by the “I can’t spend the money” statements he put out the other day. There’s no way he isn’t tearing his hair out. 

It's fair to assume that he's not happy because I don't think he's ever come out and talked about how he's not in control of the financial situation, even though it's obvious to anyone he's not. He's also said that it can't just be anybody though and has to be the right player. So when you're suggesting 34 year olds who have done their ACL and not played in 12 months. Ask yourself, is that the right player?

@LFCMike okay, ignoring Garay then, would you be okay with them announcing the signing of Sokratis on a 6 month deal? 

I have seen some murmurs of us possibly bringing in a defender from Red Bull NY. Apparently West Ham were after him in the summer but NY said no, but he his available on a short loan with no loan fee. 

14 minutes ago, Rick said:

@LFCMike okay, ignoring Garay then, would you be okay with them announcing the signing of Sokratis on a 6 month deal? 

I have seen some murmurs of us possibly bringing in a defender from Red Bull NY. Apparently West Ham were after him in the summer but NY said no, but he his available on a short loan with no loan fee. 

I would have huge doubts about whether he'd be able to fit straight in after barely playing in 12 months. Also, he may have worked with Klopp previously but that could be a reason not to sign him. Klopp might think he's shit or a dickhead. He's gone to Olympiakos anyway hasn't he?

I seen the same reports. No idea who he is

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Sub par defensive performance? After Thursday? Did you watch the game?

I'm speaking generally about the fact this issue continues to get spoken about most weeks, particularly with all the recent points dropped

1 hour ago, Rick said:

But again, you’re saying this as if we are asking the club to go and buy Upamecano this weekend. We aren’t, we are asking for a stop gap to get us through this torrid injury crisis. For the wages paid it would be maximum 3m paid with a signing fee for the names mentioned. The club can afford that without risking any summer business  😂 

Ohhh well why didn't you just say that in the first place, I mean, it's so easy when you explain it like that!

Why didn't I (or the fucking club) think of that? 

Jee wizzz Rick, you're a genius mate.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ohhh well why didn't you just say that in the first place, I mean, it's so easy when you explain it like that!

Why didn't I (or the fucking club) think of that? 

Jee wizzz Rick, you're a genius mate.

The argument isn’t “why didn’t the club think of this?” Its “the club not doing this is a mistake”. If you can’t tell that from all the discussions had, then I don’t know what else to say to you. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

The argument isn’t “why didn’t the club think of this?” Its “the club not doing this is a mistake”. If you can’t tell that from all the discussions had, then I don’t know what else to say to you. 

Say nothing mate, absolutely nothing. In fact stfu about it completely for at least a day. That would be great. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Say nothing mate, absolutely nothing. In fact stfu about it completely for at least a day. That would be great. 

Log yourself off bud, because I won’t be told what to post by some randomer on the internet. Pop me on ignore if it helps 👌

22 hours ago, Stan said:

Precisely. Evans for only £3.5m is one of the most underrated signings around these days. Bargain. Last season majority of people & pundits picked Soyuncu as the better CB. Most Leicester fans saw it was Evans who was better, though.

if liverpool had signed evens for£3.5mil and said there you go son go and win us the title the guy would have shrunk faster than a forskin in a snow storm. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

if liverpool had signed evens for£3.5mil and said there you go son go and win us the title the guy would have shrunk faster than a forskin in a snow storm. 

I don't know what this is based on so I will not entertain it any further. But if it helps you sleep at night...

19 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

Yeah, It’s not like he was in title winning Utd sides or anything...

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

going to LC with no pressure on him is not the same as going to liverpool with the pressure to replace VVD. 

Hardly means he's gonna fail like you think he would though, is it?

He's a very experienced defender, been there in every sense with Man Utd. If anything it's that association with Man Utd which is why he wouldn't go to Liverpool. Nothing to do with pressure.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Hardly means he's gonna fail like you think he would though, is it?

He's a very experienced defender, been there in every sense with Man Utd. If anything it's that association with Man Utd which is why he wouldn't go to Liverpool. Nothing to do with pressure.

he would be much better than the kids liverpool are playing at CB no doubt. my point was because he went to LC for cheap money and is playing well does not mean he would have done the same at liverpool. imo the pressure on him at liverpool would have been far higher than it is at LC and i dont think he would have had the same impact at this age. 

Archived