Live on Sky Sports

155.png      VS     everton.PNG

Recent Form
Liverpool - WLLLW
Everton - LLWDW

Last 3 Meetings
17/10/2020 - Everton 2-2 Liverpool
21/06/2020 - Everton 0-0 Liverpool
05/01/2020 - Liverpool 1-0 Everton (FA Cup)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Majority of managers get hauled over the coals for coming out with shite like this.

We know that’s just not true is it, every single manager in the league gets away with saying what they want now. And plus, he has just said it today. You expecting instant backlash? 

• Subscriber

"It's a good job we didn't play them again within a week or two of the diagnosis".

Genuinely, where do you think he's going with this if it's not some sort of vengeful 'we were so angry we would have kicked the shit out of them' angle?

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

"It's a good job we didn't play them again within a week or two of the diagnosis".

Genuinely, where do you think he's going with this if it's not some sort of vengeful 'we were so angry we would have kicked the shit out of them' angle?

I’m not doubting what he is implying there, I’m just saying most managers would get away with saying that shit nowadays. 

• Subscriber

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they would. Another genuine question then, we can speculate on whether a manager would or wouldn't get away with it. Let's try to deal in facts of actual things that have happened. Are there any examples of managers essentially getting pretty close to admitting that he and his team would have been ready to inflict deliberate physical retribution on a team after one player unintentionally caused injury to one of their players, and wasn't pulled up on it and roundly condemned?

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I read it as 'good job we didn't play them again otherwise they'd have injured more of our players'

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I read it as 'good job we didn't play them again otherwise they'd have injured more of our players'

It appeared to be in response to a question about whether they were more fired up or angry or whatever about this derby because of what happened in the reverse fixture. If I've got that wrong then I hold my hands up. Clearly, it's a typical case of a journalist trying to probe for an inflammatory quote but it doesn't mean the manager has to give it to him.

I'll reassess my interpretation of what he meant from the physical revenge angle to "we were so angry we would have gone out there and smashed them 5-0" angle because I can't be arsed this thread being 5 pages deep before the game even kicks off.

I didn't and don't want to turn this into a whole thing but it just seemed like one of those things where if, classic example, Mourinho came out with that it would have gone viral because everyone would be sharing with comments about him losing his head.

35 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know the context but I take it that he's acknowledging derby's are highly charged and emotive games and that it could have unintentionally spilled over a little so soon after.

If you want to believe that it means Klopp would have deliberately sent Jordan Henderson out to do Richarlison though then crack on.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't know the context but I take it that he's acknowledging derby's are highly charged and emotive games and that it could have unintentionally spilled over a little so soon after.

If you want to believe that it means Klopp would have deliberately sent Jordan Henderson out to do Richarlison though then crack on.

Yeah maybe, but you're ignoring the fact that Richarlison's dad could batter Henderson's dad. :coffee:

59 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Tbf I don’t care about the result as long as Richarlison can’t walk after the match. So he’s done well not to say that out loud

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf I don’t care about the result as long as Richarlison can’t walk after the match. So he’s done well not to say that out loud

Classy as ever when it comes to these matters and the type of comment you'd definitely excuse as "banter" or "part of the rivalry" if an Everton or Man Utd fan said that about one of your players before a fixture. :whistling:

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Classy as ever when it comes to these matters and the type of comment you'd definitely excuse as "banter" or "part of the rivalry" if an Everton or Man Utd fan said that about one of your players before a fixture. :whistling:

Lol a few months ago you said Pickford deserves credit for every goal scored on us so don’t come out on a high horse now. Everton players will finally reap what they’ve sown if any of them get hurt.

49 minutes ago, Stan said:

That was my impression too, and quite frankly I agree with him.

fwiw I f'n hate the derby, lets just win this one and get on with the rest of the season.

I do hope that Pickford & Richardson both get taken out in some way. Not that I’m hoping for injuries like Van Dijk, but I would like to see both of them get their just desserts. A fair tackle that lifts them off their feet and gives them a good shaking would do me. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I do hope that Pickford & Richardson both get taken out in some way. Not that I’m hoping for injuries like Van Dijk, but I would like to see both of them get their just desserts. A fair tackle that lifts them off their feet and gives them a good shaking would do me. 

I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of lowering ourselves to their level.:coffee:

In all seriousness, I hope we see a competent display of refereeing.

We won’t though, so I just hope we get as close to possible as the FA can possibly provide.

But the last derby is where I lost all faith in Michael a Oliver, who I thought was the last decent ref in England - but this season has demonstrated he’s just as dogshit as the rest. But I can’t think of a match in a long time where the referee just lost control from the first moment.

And if the referee does quickly lose control... I hope we’re the side showing the over the top aggression this time around.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol a few months ago you said Pickford deserves credit for every goal scored on us so don’t come out on a high horse now. Everton players will finally reap what they’ve sown if any of them get hurt.

Oh wow I made one joke in the last 6 months in response to you lot invading every Everton related thread to talk about Pickford for weeks after the event. How long have you been sitting on that one?

You cried for about 15 pages after the last derby about how some of your players got hurted in a football match and now you're literally going into a game saying you hope another person suffers serious bodily harm. You're far from the only person in history to do so but the conversations are usually a bit more civilised on here.

You're a grown up, intelligent man and a member of staff on this forum to boot. You surely know better than to come out with shit like this. If I responded in kind then the other staff would be having to come into this thread and delete posts or lock it until everyone calmed the fuck down.

Grow up.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I do hope that Pickford & Richardson both get taken out in some way. Not that I’m hoping for injuries like Van Dijk, but I would like to see both of them get their just desserts. 

This is at least more measured and honest but it's still a bit fucked up.

Why can't you lot just stick to hoping you batter us 4-0, which you probably will, and accept that as your "revenge" instead of hoping that other human beings experience physical harm because they put in a couple of fruity challenges in a derby match half a year ago. If you stop and think about it, it's pretty unhinged, and I say that about the behaviour, not either of you as people.

This is the problem with Klopp's comment that I initially posted about. Of course he was never actually going to send a football team into a game with the primary goal of taking revenge on another team by hurting them, nobody is suggesting that. But he does open the door to it being the feeling of the actual squad and club of an uncontrolled anger towards another team which is the sort of thing that should be left to the nutcases on Twitter hiding behind their anonymous accounts.

Benitez once took Gerrard off in a derby because he was playing with his heart and not his head. 

Our fans at that moment were furious but it turned out to be the exact right decision!

If we want 3 points then the players (and manager) need to use their brains. 

Kick fuck out of them in the tunnel after full time if necessary but on the pitch, show them why we are champions. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

All I'm seeing here is that only Everton players have ever made bad tackles in a derby and Liverpool players are saints and angels xD 

Really? I didn't see that myself?

Obviously the previous derby is going to weigh large during discussions leading up to the next one.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived