talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-2 Everton - Saturday 20th February, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

A back two of Kabak & Phillips. We won’t win this game now. 

You think we're going to attack? xD

To be fair, I don't know if anyone else noticed but Phillips was sat on the bench and he tried to take his trackies off over his boots and got stuck so I can see why you're concerned.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

There's a strong wind towards their goal and they've got Pickford in net, but we've hardly had a shot...

Unbelievable isn’t it. You can bet that the likes of Ratcharlson & Rodriguez will be taking plenty of shots second half. 

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

LFC fans, I'm curious.

Do you guys think Liverpool should keep the Salah-Firmino-Mané forward line intact for next season? If not, who from those three do you think that must be replaced? 

Jota in for Firmino, as soon as Jota is fit.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Referee's letting a lot go. An Everton player went through Alisson about 5 minutes late earlier and he barely batted an eyelid

Yeah Doucoure. That's a booking pretty much any other game for any other player. 

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

LFC fans, I'm curious.

Do you guys think Liverpool should keep the Salah-Firmino-Mané forward line intact for next season? If not, who from those three do you think that must be replaced? 

Jota will start to take Firmino’s place. I love Bobby, but you can’t deny that his influence is becoming less and less. He still has brilliant feet and a bit of magic here and there, but he also scuffs so many chances that you can’t keep relying on him through the middle. 

• Subscriber

The score means nothing until full time. That said, I can't complain with what we've done so far. Gomes does need to come off though before he gets sent off. He already got away with a pretty cynical one on Thiago before he was booked.

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

LFC fans, I'm curious.

Yeah, I think we will and should replace at least one. Firmino's 29 and the other two will be by the summer as well. I think it's time to move on from Firmino unfortunately. He's so good at his best but that doesn't happen often enough anymore. I'd take a careful look at Mane as well. He's been poor for quite a lot of the season. Is that form or is he starting to decline?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Seems like a ready made replacement, but is he not better coming in from out wide? 

It's not really a ready made replacement; he's a totally different player and we'd have to completely change the system if we were to make that switch permanent. That said, I'm struggling to see that as a bad thing at this point

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Yeah, I think we will and should replace at least one. Firmino's 29 and the other two will be by the summer as well. I think it's time to move on from Firmino unfortunately. He's so good at his best but that doesn't happen often enough anymore. I'd take a careful look at Mane as well. He's been poor for quite a lot of the season. Is that form or is he starting to decline?

I wouldn’t mind us cashing in on Mane if it meant us buying Haaland and having him play in the middle with Jota taking up the Mane role on the left 👀

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I can't understand how we ran away with the league last season with deadweight like them.:what:

1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I can't understand how we ran away with the league last season with deadweight like them.:what:

So let’s stick with them well into their 30’s then if you’re going to judge on sentiment. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived