• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-2 Everton - Saturday 20th February, 2021

football forum

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

I mean, from what I’ve seen of Liverpool’s new CBs they don’t look comfortable at all. I can see why Klopp persisted with Henderson. 

You’d of expected more from Thiago. 

Henderson isn’t comfortable either though, he’s no Fabinho back there. If he was in midfield, that would go a long way to protecting the centre backs as well. Davies has played a ton of games for Preston, so it’s not like he’s some kid coming in like Kabak. 

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

I thought it was a pen honestly  -  DCL about to tap in and Alexander Arnold lifts his leg to trip him

I thought that at first but DCL trips over his head accidentally and is halfway down as it is. 

1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

A terrible shame for all Scousers Stan, we missed out on the open top bus parade when we won the league and the bluenoses miss out on theirs tomorrow.

And Tranmere missed their promotion parade.

All the biggest moments for all 3 Merseyside clubs in recent history all don’t get to be properly celebrated by fans. Sad

• Subscriber

I think what the referee saw was Alexander-Arnold taking Calvert-Lewin's legs inadvertently on his way back up when Calvert-Lewin otherwise looked favourite to get to the loose ball. I'm unsure whether it's a penalty, it's an unusual one. Weirder was how quickly the referee confirmed his decision after jogging over to the screen.

I don't think it has affected the result either way. We've been absolutely superb here to a man and fully deserved the win.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I mean, from what I’ve seen of Liverpool’s new CBs they don’t look comfortable at all. I can see why Klopp persisted with Henderson. 

You can rest assured if Jurgen had started with the two new lads and we had lost today they would have been on his back for that too.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Henderson isn’t comfortable either though, he’s no Fabinho back there. If he was in midfield, that would go a long way to protecting the centre backs as well. Davies has played a ton of games for Preston, so it’s not like he’s some kid coming in like Kabak. 

Tbf playing for Preston isn’t the same as playing for us by any stretch.

Considering where Kabak and Davies came from, it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that they’re both not good enough. One was battling relegation before joining us, one was a league down.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought that at first but DCL trips over his head accidentally and is halfway down as it is. 

He does but Trent still goes for him with the leg. I don’t think there was enough there to overturn it. And it clearly stopped a goal. I’d have probably made the same decision 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

At a time when football is at its dullest, its class to see Big Dunc going mental there. 

Pickford had a good game, it won’t get reported, though it should do by those who lambast him. 

Liverpool could stay on the field and play all night and wouldn’t score. 

Pickford was very good. And the Everton backline very assured. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf playing for Preston isn’t the same as playing for us by any stretch.

Considering where Kabak and Davies came from, it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that they’re both not good enough. One was battling relegation before joining us, one was a league down.

Nat Phillips isn’t exactly a top class defender though either. Davies was talked about very highly by everybody, surely he must be decent at the very least. 

Either way, it doesn’t matter now because Fabinho will be back by the time Hendo is fit again. Can’t wait to see Jota back in this side as well, because we look utterly toothless. 

The carry on from those Everton players was a bit much though. 

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

Was just saying this to my dad. This season sees us breaking all the records we don’t want to break. 

Im really pissed off at Klopp for continuing to play Henderson in defence when we brought players in on deadline day to fix that problem. Don’t understand it at all. 

I’m annoyed at the players on the pitch as well. Looked absolute clueless going forward again. 

Do you really think he could have just put a lad from the championship and a kid that had played in a Schalke side conceding goals for fun together and everything would be alright? 

16 minutes ago, Rick said:

No you don’t, but Firmino has been poor for a long time. There’s a reason most of us were wanting Jota starting over him earlier in the season and it wasn’t because Firmino had a couple of bad games. 

I was referring more to the criticism of Mane more so than that of Bobby. 

Having said that I still wouldn't dream of replacing Firmino, obviously we'd all love to see the big names we are linked to but I won't be upset if we start next season with Bobby, Mane, Mo and Jota rotating.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived