talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-2 Everton - Saturday 20th February, 2021

football forum

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I wouldn’t mind us cashing in on Mane if it meant us buying Haaland and having him play in the middle with Jota taking up the Mane role on the left 👀

I'd probably cum if we got Haaland.

The other thing to consider here is the market. Barely anyone has any money (we're even hearing about Real Madrid struggling) and I think this summer is going to be too soon for that to change very much. Who we sell may well come down to who the few clubs with money want, and/or which of the clubs with players we want are willing to sell them for relatively cheap.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

LFC fans - can you see yourself getting back in to this? If not, what do you see that needs changing, personnel or formation-wise? 

No.

If VVD, Gomez, Fabinho and Henderson could all get uninjured - those would be the personnel changes I’d make.

Just now, Stan said:

LFC fans - can you see yourself getting back in to this? If not, what do you see that needs changing, personnel or formation-wise? 

Here's what's so depressing. The answer to the first question is no, but I don't think there is an answer to the second. Everyone's playing in their preferred position and there's no one on the bench who'll make us better. Maybe you bring Shaqiri on last 15 to see if he can make anything happen in the #10 position, but that's hope rather than expectation

Don't know about Henderson obviously, but we'll apparently have Keita and Fabinho back next week and possibly even Jota. Things start to look a bit rosier then, but I've seen enough to know there's another shock hiding round the corner

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Jones off? Nah, I don’t like that one. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’re taking off Curtis Jones, so watch our midfield collapse now

Not learnt from last week, and you weren't even losing that one. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think if you’ve lost to us in the league this season, you probably don’t deserve to play in Europe

Haha I’m only kidding, we are diabolical. Just wanted to find a way to have a new dig at Liverpool 

My old man text me something similar to that about 10 mins ago too - asking why we seem to be the only team that struggled against you 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Storts said:

Need a Liverpool equaliser here, can’t afford our competition for Europe to get an away win 

Thought you weren't bothered about Europa League mate :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Haha I’m only kidding, we are diabolical. Just wanted to find a way to have a new dig at Liverpool 

My old man text me something similar to that about 10 mins ago too - asking why we seem to be the only team that struggled against you 

A few years ago we were in a CL final together.

Now we are shite together.

Brothers in arms xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A few years ago we were in a CL final together.

Now we are shite together.

Brothers in arms xD

At least you won that and the league though. I’d take 10 years of bottom half finishes for that 

32 minutes ago, Rick said:

So let’s stick with them well into their 30’s then if you’re going to judge on sentiment. 

I'm not judging anything on sentiment Rick.

I'm not basing my opinions on knee jerk reactions either.

You don't become world class overnight and you don't turn poor overnight either.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived