• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-2 Everton - Saturday 20th February, 2021

football forum

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nat Phillips isn’t exactly a top class defender though either. Davies was talked about very highly by everybody, surely he must be decent at the very least. 

Either way, it doesn’t matter now because Fabinho will be back by the time Hendo is fit again. Can’t wait to see Jota back in this side as well, because we look utterly toothless. 

The carry on from those Everton players was a bit much though. 

Nat Phillips is more familiar with defending the way Klopp likes though. He came in today and did well, whereas Kabak’s at fault for Everton’s first today.

I think Klopp’s got to blood Kabak in first because he’s on loan and we’re seeing if we should sign him permanently.

Davies is here and is probably our 3rd/4th choice next season so he can be bedded in a bit more slowly.

But I hope we can start 2 actual CBs at the back soon and get Henderson and Fabinho back in the midfield because the midfield right now is totally shite.

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMike said:

I'd say he did. Nothing wrong with that but let's not pretend it was completely innocent

It's still not a penalty even if he did do it on purpose 

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Do you really think he could have just put a lad from the championship and a kid that had played in a Schalke side conceding goals for fun together and everything would be alright? 

Plenty of players make the step up from the Championship, especially ones who are highly rated. If there was anybody I would consider leaving out it would be Kabak. Phillips next to Davies, Henderson sitting protecting in midfield. 

I mean, fuck sake, having Henderson in the defence hasn’t worked properly thus far so I don’t see the controversy in me saying let’s play two centre backs there. We lost the game, we have lost the last four games at home, how worse can it get? 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Plenty of players make the step up from the Championship, especially ones who are highly rated. If there was anybody I would consider leaving out it would be Kabak. Phillips next to Davies, Henderson sitting protecting in midfield. 

I mean, fuck sake, having Henderson in the defence hasn’t worked properly his far so I don’t see the controversy in me saying let’s play two centre backs there. We lost the game, we have lost the last four games at home, how worse can it get? 

Throwing two inexperienced players into a team like this would be a disaster. They'd still need an experienced head to talk them through the game

11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Absolutely delighted for @RandoEFC though - what a feeling to finally get a win there 

Me too, not too many (if any) positives to take out of that debacle, its nice to see long suffering bluenoses get a win. 

We were shite, and what little chance we had went out the window when Hendo got injured.

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Christ majority of us were in the single digits age wise and Brian was merely a twinkle in his fathers eye the last time Everton beat Liverpool at Anfield

Sorry, I just assumed you still were? :coffee:

• Subscriber

As you've all acknowledged, Calvert-Lewin was on his way down having completely shifted his balance to take the shot, he tried to stay up and make it to the loose ball and score, he would have done so as far as I could see if TAA didn't collide with him accidentally.

It doesn't matter anyway. We were already 1-0 up and T-rex arms had more than enough for anything the best front three of all time threw at him. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

Throwing two inexperienced players into a team like this would be a disaster. They'd still need an experienced head to talk them through the game

Davies has played 136 games for Preston and is 25. The Championship isn’t some chump league. He has experience enough to help a younger player out. 

I know there is an injury crisis but this has been a massive, massive decline from Liverpool. 16, potentially 19 points off of City, out the top 4. You’d think they’ll end up finishing too 4 come end of season but if they don’t...it’s more than just injuries, and even then when you rely on injury prone players you gotta expect them to get injured

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf they have to share one braincell

Owen thinks Vardy isn't a natural finisher despite scoring nearly as many PL goals as him so he definitely doesn't have the brain cell... 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I know there is an injury crisis but this has been a massive, massive decline from Liverpool. 16, potentially 19 points off of City, out the top 4. You’d think they’ll end up finishing too 4 come end of season but if they don’t...it’s more than just injuries, and even then when you rely on injury prone players you gotta expect them to get injured

Has any team in the history of football been through 18 CB partnerships in a season? It'll be 20+ before the end of the season too 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Owen thinks Vardy isn't a natural finisher despite scoring nearly as many PL goals as him so he definitely doesn't have the brain cell... 

Vardy who is renowned for mainly getting behind a defence and....finishing?

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I don’t think we’ll finish top 4.

But I’ve been saying that for a long time and was kind of surprised we were doing as well as we were.

Honestly, all this makes me wonder is how shit are Palace? How do you lose to this side 7-0??

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Vardy who is renowned for mainly getting behind a defence and....finishing?

Yep xD

He said it first after we won the title and has piped up again recently. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived