talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-2 Everton - Saturday 20th February, 2021

football forum

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nah, that’s a bit over the top 😂 if you had no idea what game that was after, you would think they had won a cup. 

Not taking the piss, but didn't Klopp run on to the pitch going absolutely berserk after beating Everton at Anfield last season or season before? 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I wondered how long it would be until we started getting criticised for celebrating.

I was absolutely delighted to see that, I hope every single one of them remembers that feeling and uses the desire to relive it to drive them to many more victories over this lot and everyone else whether it's Man City or Stevenage, because too many times we haven't wanted it enough and they have.

Won't be taking any lectures on going over the top from the fanbase who defended their current manager for doing an end of season lap of honour in front of the Kop for drawing at home with West Brom. Yes I'm taking the piss out of them for it now but anyone honest can admit that was part of a mentality shift at Liverpool, without which nothing of what they've achieved over the past few years would have been possible.

Celebrations like that in the dressing room are nothing but good for the club. Everyone can see the hypocrisy of the "wHeNs ThE bUs PaRaDe" brigade a hundred miles away and regardless of their affiliation, they only betray their own inability to hide their bitterness.

Amazing that social media, and sadly parts of the mainstream media, have led us to a place where players and fans can be criticised for deriving too much joy from an endeavour that exists purely because it's an outlet for the extreme feelings of irrational joy and despair that we as human beings are addicted to.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I wondered how long it would be until we started getting criticised for celebrating.

I was absolutely delighted to see that, I hope every single one of them remembers that feeling and uses the desire to relive it to drive them to many more victories over this lot and everyone else whether it's Man City or Stevenage, because too many times we haven't wanted it enough and they have.

Won't be taking any lectures on going over the top from the fanbase who defended their current manager for doing an end of season lap of honour in front of the Kop for drawing at home with West Brom. Yes I'm taking the piss out of them for it now but anyone honest can admit that was part of a mentality shift at Liverpool, without which nothing of what they've achieved over the past few years would have been possible.

Celebrations like that in the dressing room are nothing but good for the club. Everyone can see the hypocrisy of the "wHeNs ThE bUs PaRaDe" brigade a hundred miles away and regardless of their affiliation, they only betray their own inability to hide their bitterness.

Amazing that social media, and sadly parts of the mainstream media, have led us to a place where players and fans can be criticised for deriving too much joy from an endeavour that exists purely because it's an outlet for the extreme feelings of irrational joy and despair that we as human beings are addicted to.

Yet, you criticised Hassenhuttl for his emotions after beating us? Considering how far his team had came since losing 9-0 to Leicester last season, he also had an excuse to think of it as a massive moment for him and his team. Didn’t stop people laughing at him. 

I get that this has been a long time coming for you and your side, but you can’t knock somebody else for going over the top after a win when your lot are going ballistic like that. 

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not taking the piss, but didn't Klopp run on to the pitch going absolutely berserk after beating Everton at Anfield last season or season before? 

Probably, doesn’t mean I agree with it. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yet, you criticised Hassenhuttl for his emotions after beating us? Considering how far his team had came since losing 9-0 to Leicester last season, he also had an excuse to think of it as a massive moment for him and his team. Didn’t stop people laughing at him. 

I get that this has been a long time coming for you and your side, but you can’t knock somebody else for going over the top after a win when your lot are going ballistic like that. 

Okay, firstly, the 9-0 has nothing to do with anything really. You're just using that as an excuse to make their 1-0 win in a normal league game sound closer to a first derby win in 11 years than it is because you know it's such a flimsy false equivalence.

I remember it more as an expression of confusion than criticism but it might have come across as the latter. It made such little sense that I genuinely thought he'd suffered a bereavement or something.

That said, I can see where you're coming from. I still think it was weird on his part though.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Okay, firstly, the 9-0 has nothing to do with anything really. You're just using that as an excuse to make their 1-0 win in a normal league game sound closer to a first derby win in 11 years than it is because you know it's such a flimsy false equivalence.

I had to try 😂

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

I had to try 😂

You do have half a point xD. I'm happy to be called out on it in future and you can refer back to my comments in this thread, I'll happily hold my hands up and admit it if I'm being a massive hypocrite, which I'm sure I will be at some point.

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I can see both sides to this, obviously you run the risk of an injury crisis in defence if your second and third choice CB's have a pretty shoddy injury record, but finding a quality player to fill in and do a job for a decent price is incredibly difficult. Also the fact the player will be knowing he will be a 4th choice means your only options are really an experienced CB or a youngster, which probably doesn't actually improve the squad when Fabinho is your 4th choice. 

So the assumption is there was no defender we could've signed that could have slotted in above Gomez and Matip in the pecking order? In January maybe not but surely in August it was possible

I have no intention of watching the video of them celebrating. Let them enjoy it as much as they want though. Some of the shite they've seen at Anfield over the years, they probably deserve it. I mean, they had to watch the Origi 90+6 derby which is the funniest moment in football history so I'll let them have this one

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I have no intention of watching the video of them celebrating. Let them enjoy it as much as they want though. Some of the shite they've seen at Anfield over the years, they probably deserve it. I mean, they had to watch the Origi 90+6 moment which is the funniest moment in football history so I'll let them have this one

I kinda agree, on one hand I think wtf let them celebrate, but on the other hand I'm thinking I'd be more than a bit embarrassed if we were celebrating like that after a league win.

• Administrator
Just now, Scouse_Mouse said:

I kinda agree, on one hand I think wtf let them celebrate, but on the other hand I'm thinking I'd be more than a bit embarrassed if we were celebrating like that after a league win.

As if. 

• Subscriber

You can try and make it sound reasonable as much as you want. You can lie as much as you want about how invested you are in the derby. If the result is really so insignificant that you can accuse the opposition of celebrating to an embarrassing extent, then why are you still here trying to win some sort of argument or prove some sort of point about it? Lots more respect for the Reds who just admit how annoyed they are and move on.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

You can try and make it sound reasonable as much as you want. You can lie as much as you want about how invested you are in the derby. If the result is really so insignificant that you can accuse the opposition of celebrating to an embarrassing extent, then why are you still here trying to win some sort of argument or prove some sort of point about it? Lots more respect for the Reds who just admit how annoyed they are and move on.

The derby means a lot to me but as I posted at the start of this thread I hate them.

I'm struggling to think of a top club we have struggled against, certainly not decades but I remember us coming off second best to manu for a long period of time, I would embarrassed if we'd celebrated like that after finally getting a win.

You think it wasn't OTT? Fair enough, it just comes across as a bit "small club" to me:what:

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't believe that you'd be embarrassed at celebrating like that when winning a league game over your rivals. 

If it was a league game that put another piece of silverware in the trophy cabinet maybe, but honestly for just doing what sides like Burnley and Leicester have done? :coffee:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

The derby means a lot to me but as I posted at the start of this thread I hate them.

I'm struggling to think of a top club we have struggled against, certainly not decades but I remember us coming off second best to manu for a long period of time, I would embarrassed if we'd celebrated like that after finally getting a win.

You think it wasn't OTT? Fair enough, it just comes across as a bit "small club" to me:what:

There's no consolation goal to be had here. I've been embarrassed by a lot of derby-related events over the past decade. The last thing I'm going to be embarrassed by is us celebrating a win "too much" because some Liverpool fans might call us a small club, which they already try to do at every opportunity anyway.

You already know all of this though, you're only trying to score points because you're not over the result yet, and you're still looking for that crumb of comfort.

You'll get over it by tomorrow morning probably, so I'm not breathing any further life into this.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

There's no consolation goal to be had here. I've been embarrassed by a lot of derby-related events over the past decade. The last thing I'm going to be embarrassed by is us celebrating a win "too much" because some Liverpool fans might call us a small club, which they already try to do at every opportunity anyway.

You already know all of this though, you're only trying to score points because you're not over the result yet, and you're still looking for that crumb of comfort.so I'm not breathing any further life into this.

I'm already over it,  losing that way was disappointing but in all honesty when I first saw that video the first thing that went through my mind was that things could be a lot worse.

• Subscriber

This seems to be your default position.

I think the dressing room celebrations were a bit cringeworthy so that means I'm a WUM o0r a Troll? 

Ho hum :whistling:

I think it's ironic but the least surprising thing ever that the Liverpool fan whose introduction to the forum was claiming that Everton's biggest problem was their fans' obsession with Liverpool, in a thread about Frank Lampard and Chelsea of course, is now the last man standing in his bid to try and score some sort of petty victory over Everton celebrating too much because your team couldn't do it on the football pitch.

As someone who has found themselves in your position regularly in the past decade, I tell you as a friend, the best thing to do is say your piece about your own side, pat the opposition on the back if you feel the need, and then move on and talk about the next one. You keep on chasing your tail on this one and you're only giving people more excuses to say things that will wind you up further.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think it's ironic but the least surprising thing ever that the Liverpool fan whose introduction to the forum was claiming that Everton's biggest problem was their fans' obsession with Liverpool, in a thread about Frank Lampard and Chelsea of course, is now the last man standing in his bid to try and score some sort of petty victory over Everton celebrating too much because your team couldn't do it on the football pitch.

As someone who has found themselves in your position regularly in the past decade, I tell you as a friend, the best thing to do is say your piece about your own side, pat the opposition on the back if you feel the need, and then move on and talk about the next one. You keep on chasing your tail on this one and you're only giving people more excuses to say things that will wind you up further.

Whatever Rando, I commented on a video posted, unless there are some forum rules I'm not aware of I think I'm allowed to do that.

I'll move on too, I thought it was OTT,  you didn't. Thats what forum chat is all about.:coffee:

• Subscriber

Whatever Rando, I commented on a video posted, unless there are some forum rules I'm not aware of I think I'm allowed to do that.

I'll move on too, I thought it was OTT,  you didn't. Thats what forum chat is all about.:coffee:

I have no issue with you commenting but if you're going to do that don't start getting precious about "not being allowed to do that" just because I and others disagree with you. Like you say, that's what it's about. I look forward to you condemning Klopp in similar fashion next time he runs the length of Anfield to do 14 fist pumps into every camera he can find when you get a 1-0 win against Aston Villa or Newcastle :twothumbsup:.

Archived