talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-2 Everton - Saturday 20th February, 2021

football forum

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Oh wow I made one joke in the last 6 months in response to you lot invading every Everton related thread to talk about Pickford for weeks after the event. How long have you been sitting on that one?

You cried for about 15 pages after the last derby about how some of your players got hurted in a football match and now you're literally going into a game saying you hope another person suffers serious bodily harm. You're far from the only person in history to do so but the conversations are usually a bit more civilised on here.

You're a grown up, intelligent man and a member of staff on this forum to boot. You surely know better than to come out with shit like this. If I responded in kind then the other staff would be having to come into this thread and delete posts or lock it until everyone calmed the fuck down.

Grow up.

This is at least more measured and honest but it's still a bit fucked up.

Why can't you lot just stick to hoping you batter us 4-0, which you probably will, and accept that as your "revenge" instead of hoping that other human beings experience physical harm because they put in a couple of fruity challenges in a derby match half a year ago. If you stop and think about it, it's pretty unhinged, and I say that about the behaviour, not either of you as people.

This is the problem with Klopp's comment that I initially posted about. Of course he was never actually going to send a football team into a game with the primary goal of taking revenge on another team by hurting them, nobody is suggesting that. But he does open the door to it being the feeling of the actual squad and club of an uncontrolled anger towards another team which is the sort of thing that should be left to the nutcases on Twitter hiding behind their anonymous accounts.

Pickford’s tackle on Van Dijk wasn’t made to intentionally hurt the man, that much I will give him. But it still took a season from Van Dijks career off of him, at his peak as well. I don’t think him getting put on his arse is “unhinged” thinking, it’s just regular rivalry. 

Richarlsson, on the other hand, is a class a piece of shit. His tackle on Thiago was absolutely made to hurt the player, it was way way over the top. But even though he has intentionally injured one of our players I still wouldn’t wish the same on him, I’m not like that. A good hefty challenge that dumps him on his arse is enough for me. Well, that along with a good 4-0 hammering 😂 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of these posts from Reds are a bit embarrassing really. Let them celebrate injuring players, it's all they've really had in derby's for 10 years. As @LFCMadLadsaid, keeping your head gets you the three points in these games and it's one reason our record in these games is much better than theirs

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Rick said:

Pickford’s tackle on Van Dijk wasn’t made to intentionally hurt the man, that much I will give him. But it still took a season from Van Dijks career off of him, at his peak as well. I don’t think him getting put on his arse is “unhinged” thinking, it’s just regular rivalry. 

Richarlsson, on the other hand, is a class a piece of shit. His tackle on Thiago was absolutely made to hurt the player, it was way way over the top. But even though he has intentionally injured one of our players I still wouldn’t wish the same on him, I’m not like that. A good hefty challenge that dumps him on his arse is enough for me. Well, that along with a good 4-0 hammering 😂 

On their arses is fair enough. Taken out was slightly ambiguous but if just getting one left on them is what you meant then fair enough.

On a wider note, I honestly can't be arsed getting into the partisan bollocks on here over this game. I fully expect us to lose and it could get ugly, I'm not going to start lashing out at any of you lot if we get battered because that's just what I expect.

As I've said many times, I'm on here because I actually like having grown up discussion about the games, this doesn't have to be banter free. The problem with posts like the one I initially took issue with is a) no matter how bipartisan I try to be, I'm going to react to comments like that, anyone would, I'm not going to pretend I'm too cool to get pissed off by it, and b) I'm very careful when I get my hackles up to not let it spill over too much on here, because if I said something like that ahead of a derby I'd get piled on immediately by 5-6 of you lot which is a bigger pain in the backside than stopping to measure what partisan shite I actually post, so if someone from "the other side" is going to post something in that kind without thinking, it pisses me off doubly so because I don't have any friends to join in if shit starts getting thrown. Not saying that's anyone else's thing to worry about when they're posting, just another reason that if you come out with something like that, the chances of me holding my tongue and not giving some back are very slim.

45 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Oh wow I made one joke in the last 6 months in response to you lot invading every Everton related thread to talk about Pickford for weeks after the event. How long have you been sitting on that one?

You cried for about 15 pages after the last derby about how some of your players got hurted in a football match and now you're literally going into a game saying you hope another person suffers serious bodily harm. You're far from the only person in history to do so but the conversations are usually a bit more civilised on here.

You're a grown up, intelligent man and a member of staff on this forum to boot. You surely know better than to come out with shit like this. If I responded in kind then the other staff would be having to come into this thread and delete posts or lock it until everyone calmed the fuck down.

Grow up.

This is at least more measured and honest but it's still a bit fucked up.

Why can't you lot just stick to hoping you batter us 4-0, which you probably will, and accept that as your "revenge" instead of hoping that other human beings experience physical harm because they put in a couple of fruity challenges in a derby match half a year ago. If you stop and think about it, it's pretty unhinged, and I say that about the behaviour, not either of you as people.

This is the problem with Klopp's comment that I initially posted about. Of course he was never actually going to send a football team into a game with the primary goal of taking revenge on another team by hurting them, nobody is suggesting that. But he does open the door to it being the feeling of the actual squad and club of an uncontrolled anger towards another team which is the sort of thing that should be left to the nutcases on Twitter hiding behind their anonymous accounts.

I like when you say things it’s a joke but if anyone else says it it’s super fucking serious.

I haven’t been holding anything for too long, but you want to come about riding around on your high fucking horse about me saying something super similar to something you said months ago... don’t be surprised if I call that out.

I know you’re a teacher so you probably have to tell people to grow up a lot... but this seems like a case of pots and kettles being racially insensitive to one another.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like when you say things it’s a joke but if anyone else says it it’s super fucking serious.

I haven’t been holding anything for too long, but you want to come about riding around on your high fucking horse about me saying something super similar to something you said months ago... don’t be surprised if I call that out.

I know you’re a teacher so you probably have to tell people to grow up a lot... but this seems like a case of pots and kettles being racially insensitive to one another.

If I hadn't made it very clear that I was a joke using a :ph34r: or something at the time, then I'd have had six of you up my arse about it immediately and I'd remember it better than I do. It sounds ridiculous but that emoji has more or less become the safety net on this forum of when you want to have a pop whilst making it clear that you're only actually pissing around. Especially if the content of your joke involves another team's player being left unable to walk.

I can't be arsed with it mate. I should have ignored it and if you'd have chucked a smiley in there to make it more obvious you were being light hearted and not genuinely angry still, then I would have.

Let's be honest. If I'd have posted "I hope we break another couple of legs tomorrow" then this thread would be carnage already and some of the posts so far have been called embarrassing by your own fans, so I think we can all just pack it in to be honest.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

If I hadn't made it very clear that I was a joke using a :ph34r: or something at the time, then I'd have had six of you up my arse about it immediately and I'd remember it better than I do. It sounds ridiculous but that emoji has more or less become the safety net on this forum of when you want to have a pop whilst making it clear that you're only actually pissing around. Especially if the content of your joke involves another team's player being left unable to walk.

I can't be arsed with it mate. I should have ignored it and if you'd have chucked a smiley in there to make it more obvious you were being light hearted and not genuinely angry still, then I would have.

Let's be honest. If I'd have posted "I hope we break another couple of legs tomorrow" then this thread would be carnage already and some of the posts so far have been called embarrassing by your own fans, so I think we can all just pack it in to be honest.

I thought recently you didn't want smileys used... otherwise I would have.

I'm fine with packing it in, didn't mean for it to blow up the way it did and I'm sure you know that, having interacted with me for the better part of a decade (if not more!). 

You're honestly one of my favourite blueshites in the world :x - and this thread will probably be carnage regardless of anything we do or say. The last Liverpool thread was a shitshow and most of the Liverpool fans on here were just on the sidelines wondering why the fuck this happened to another of our match threads. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought recently you didn't want smileys used... otherwise I would have.

I'm fine with packing it in, didn't mean for it to blow up the way it did and I'm sure you know that, having interacted with me for the better part of a decade (if not more!). 

You're honestly one of my favourite blueshites in the world :x - and this thread will probably be carnage regardless of anything we do or say. The last Liverpool thread was a shitshow and most of the Liverpool fans on here were just on the sidelines wondering why the fuck this happened to another of our match threads. 

Keep your 2m distance please. :ph34r:😘

When did I say that about smileys? xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think COVID and our time locked down is getting to all of us, the number of silly arguments on here.

Didn't need COVID to know you're all cunts :D 

I’ve probably been worse than anybody lately for getting carried away and going over the top. I’m using what @Dr. Gonzo said as my excuse though 👀 

But in all seriousness, this forum is a safe haven for good football talk and I know we all want to keep it that way. So I’m going to actively not be an asshole going forward and try and contribute a bit more constructively.

@Random fan Still hope we batter yas 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived