The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 9 - Big Baa Tech

football forum

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I really try not to google lr search anything so all my answers jokes or not come from memory or guessing

I remember you saying this in a previous edition so I try and balance it up for folks who aren't looking up answers as much as possible.

• Subscriber

Sheep - Season 9 - Big Baa Tech - Round 3 - Questions - Tech Around You - Answers

@Lucas @Pyfish @Devil @nudge @Bluewolf @CaaC (John)  @Stan @Spike @Dr. Gonzo @Aladdin

Almost had all the sheep answering one question unanimously but it sadly didn't happen. We also had a surprise relative enter in the answer fray, you'll see when we get there. Onto the answers. 

1. Name the most popular key on a keyboard from the following: spacebar, the letter e, backspace 

Spacebar - 8
Pyfish
Caac John
Stan
Lucas
Spike
Dr. Gonzo
Nudge
Bluewolf

E - 1
Aladdin

• Subscriber

2. Name a popular coffee maker who also makes a brewing machine for homes

Nescafe - 3
Pyfish
Caac John
Lucas

Coco brewers - 1
Aladdin

Tassimo - 1
Stan

Bialetti - 1
Spike

Starbucks - 1
Dr. Gonzo

Keurig - 1
Nudge

De'longhi - 1
Bluewolf

• Subscriber

3. In 1982, Ridley Scott directed a science fiction movie about replicants called Blade Runner. Name one of the replicants. (this can be a trick question if you want it to be) 

Pris - 2
Pyfish
Stan

Roy - 2
Nudge
Bluewolf

Deckard - 2
Caac John
Dr. Gonzo

Zhora - 1
Aladdin

Rachael - 1
Lucas

Deckard isn’t a damn replicant but Rachael is, played by harrison ford and sean young, gimme an extra point - 2 (I couldn't help but say sure)
Spike

• Subscriber

4. Name a famous European watchmaker who is the official timekeeper of Football matches anywhere in Europe.

Hublot - 4
Caac John
Lucas
Dr. Gonzo
Bluewolf

TAG Heuer - 3
Pyfish
Stan
Nudge

Rolex - 1
Aladdin

whatever company bought out seiko or was bought by seiko I can’t remmeber but my brother in law is obsessed with watches so he knows and that is worth extra points - 1
Spike
Spike's Brother-in-law (1 honorary point)

• Subscriber

5. Name an Electric Vehicle manufacturer who isn't Tesla

Rivian - 2
Caac John
Dr. Gonzo

Toyota - 1
Pyfish

Eurostar - 1
Aladdin

BMW - 1
Stan

Nissan - 1
Lucas

Honda - 1
Spike

VW - 1
Nudge

Kia - 1
Bluewolf

• Subscriber

6. Out of these three companies, which ONE do you think owns the most patents? Google | Apple | IBM 

IBM - 5
Caac John
Aladdin
Lucas
Spike (they are useless archaic technology)
Bluewolf

Google - 3
Pyfish
Stan
Nudge

Apple - 1
Dr. Gonzo

• Subscriber

7. In 1984, Anya Major appeared in Apple's famous ad bashing IBM. In 1985 she then appeared in a very famous music video with Elton John. Name the song.

Nikita - 7
Pyfish
Caac John
Stan
Lucas
Dr. Gonzo
Nudge
Bluewolf

Elton my love feat Anya - 1
Aladdin

elton was sober enough in the 80s to make music? - 1
Spike

• Subscriber

8. Name a famous TV Operating System software that is NOT Android TV. 

Roku TV - 5
Caac John
Stan
Dr. Gonzo
Nudge
Bluewolf

Apple - 1
Pyfish

TVOS - 1
Aladdin

WebOS - 1
Lucas

Samsung SMART - 1
Spike

• Subscriber

9. Name a famous board-game other than chess where Artifical Intelligence is used to play against humans. 

AlphaGo - 2
Caac John
Nudge

Scrabble - 2
Stan
Lucas

Connect 4 - 1
Pyfish

Checkers - 1
Aladdin

SHOGI - 1
Spike

Monopoly - 1
Dr. Gonzo

XCOM - 1
Bluewolf

• Subscriber

10. If the sheep had to destroy one social media platform which ONE of the following would go first? Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Facebook - 6
Pyfish
Caac John
Stan
Lucas
Dr. Gonzo
Bluewolf

Twitter - 2
Spike
Nudge

Instagram - 1
Aladdin

• Subscriber

@Lucas @Pyfish @Devil @nudge @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) @Stan @Spike @Dr. Gonzo @Aladdin

Round 4 is not going to be easy but it was intentionally done this way. Some questions are of course very open-ended for a reason but I have the feeling we're going to maybe see some interesting answers here.

The Rules or How does this work?

For people who haven't played before the game is very simple, there will be 10 questions asked per round and they may have multiple answers. The goal is to try and answer like the rest of the players. An example is, What is a common accompaniment with eggs for breakfast? And if you and 5 other people answer "beans" then you get 6 points. If your answer doesn't match anyone else's then you get one point. The idea is to gain as many points and get to the top of the list to be the Sheepiest of the lot. 

If there is ambiguity in the question, as is sometimes the case, I will put specific instructions next to the question as I know some of these can be close in wording and I try my best to group them together.

Sheep - Season 9 - Big Baa Tech - Round 4 - Questions - Close Attention

1. Name a city other than San Francisco where a lot of tech in the internet space comes from?
  2. Garmin is famous for making watches that track movement and activities, these use a technology called GPS. What does the "P" in GPS stand for?
  3. How many colours does the Google logo have?
  4. Hawk-eye is a technology provider used in a lot of sports across the globe. Name a sport other that Cricket, Football and Rugby which also uses this technology.
  5. Name an iPod competitor from another famous tech company.
  6. If the Sheep had to meet a famous fictional AI, which one of these would it be? HAL 9000 (2001) | Skynet (Terminator) | TARS (Interstellar)
  7. Name the country which has a stretch of road that charges EVs while they drive on it.
  8. How many lines does the IBM logo have in it? I would ask that you don't look and try to answer this one. Its rooted in tech.
  9. Name a product that Adobe makes which is very popular.
  10. Name a crypto currency which is NOT Bitcoin.

Notes/Rules

• For 1st timers, the rules of the game are simple. You want your answers to these questions to match with one other player or more than one other players. E.g. If your answer is "Wookie" and five other people answer the same then you get 6 points for that question. If you do not match with anyone else you're only going to get 1 point. The winner is the person who has the most points after 5 rounds.
  • Please DM me all your answers and don't post them in here.
  • Please feel free to ask questions for clarification purposes and I'll try and answer them as best as I can.
  • Please do not try and discuss answers to questions until the round is over.
  • I will accept spelling mistakes and words that follow a certain theme. If the answers have to be unique I will call them out specifically with the questions
  • There is no such thing as a WRONG ANSWER. Keep in mind that you can type anything you want and if someone else provides the same answer we can all have a laugh while you'll walk away with 2 or more points.

You all have till Friday (March 18th) to get your answers to me. If they all come in sooner I'll have the results out faster as well and we can move to the next round.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions you may have just don't post answers in the thread haha. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived